You gotta trade McCoy now... right?

Rigotz

9 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Are you kidding me? 75% of this board wants Allen to start immediately (which is dumb IMO) and now we're going to trade away the only offensive play maker on the roster? Sure hope not. 

They need support for Allen but the way they've slow-played the "building" portion of this re-build it's hard to imagine them having the roster they want before 2020.

Which puts Shady in the retirement before even the faintest of SB hopes can be expected.

What I mean by slow play is something like, for example, if they had traded for Mack they'd have an impact pass rusher on board to help cover up other deficiencies right now...............but the assumption now is that they will use their first rounder next year on a pass rusher early and it's usually a 2 year wait for that pass rusher to start playing up to his draft profile(assuming they do become successful).   

7 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

Do any of you know what his cap hit is for this year?  Over 11 million.  He's the 5th highest paid RB (when Bell reports) after the recent deals.  

Only a hand full of teams have the cap space. 

I think Lynch recently fetched a 5 round pick?  I can't recall any other recent RB trades.  The Raiders were ridiculed for being stupid then and that was with a 4.5 million salary for him.  What did the Bills get for Lynch when he was a young guy, a 4th?  

The Bills messed up giving McCoy an extension when it wasn't needed.  His cap hit is 9 million next year, too. They screwed up and as always we pay the price.  50-60 million in dead money over two years is inexcusable.

I'd bee thrilled to get a bag of balls for him at this point.  Anything more and we hit the jackpot.

His base salary is all that transfers to a team if traded.

That's a bit over $6M and presumably the trade would happen with only around $4M of that remaining unpaid.

1 hour ago, YodaMan79 said:

Did you even read the summary?  It's all stuff that's been documented by the Philadelphia Inquirer and other "legitimate" publications. 

Guy's a known cancer and a d!ck. Take off your blinders. 

How about this:

http://www2.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/lesean-mccoy-buffalo-bills-allegations-philadelphia-eagles-marcus-hayes-20180711.html

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/02/list_of_lesean_mccoys_off-field_incidents_grows_amid_philadelphia_police_investi.html

Do you see a pattern here?  I wanted no part of him in a Bills uniform.  Having contacts in the media, going back to his rookie season people have been cleaning up his messes for a while.  

“Having contacts in the media.”

That’s rich. Please do tell of all your contacts at major Philly media outlets that certainly aren’t just mouth-breathing bloggers. 

48 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They need support for Allen but the way they've slow-played the "building" portion of this re-build it's hard to imagine them having the roster they want before 2020.

Which puts Shady in the retirement before even the faintest of SB hopes can be expected.

What I mean by slow play is something like, for example, if they had traded for Mack they'd have an impact pass rusher on board to help cover up other deficiencies right now...............but the assumption now is that they will use their first rounder next year on a pass rusher early and it's usually a 2 year wait for that pass rusher to start playing up to his draft profile(assuming they do become successful).   

I get that Shady will be too old by the time Allen is ready to win (assuming he's ever ready to win) but that really wasn't my point. We have a crap oline and receivers who can't separate. If you trade our one offensive threat defenses are going to just tee off on Allen. 

The kid is really raw. If you're going to jump the gun and play him before he's ready you need to keep some help on the offense to take a little pressure off him. Otherwise he's likely to flame out, lose his confidence, get hurt, or some combination of all three. 

Edit: the best outcome would be to trade Shady for a vet QB who could start the rest of the year while Allen watches and learns. Maybe you sneak a few starts in for him toward the end of the year when we're out of it and the pressure is off.

Edited by VW82

16 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I get that Shady will be too old by the time Allen is ready to win (assuming he's ever ready to win) but that really wasn't my point. We have a crap oline and receivers who can't separate. If you trade our one threat defenses are going to just tee off on Allen. 

The kid is really raw. If you're going to jump the gun and play him before he's ready you need to keep some help on the offense to take a little pressure off him. Otherwise he's likely to flame out, lose his confidence, get hurt, or some combination of all three. 

Oh I agree that they've poorly handled the situation.

But they do need assets for 2019 and beyond.

The smart thing is probably to get a Matt Moore-type QB in here(though Moore himself would likely turn the gig down) and limit Allen's exposure this year altogether.

I mean literally like cherry picking which games to play Allen and which to just let him watch unless he remarkably defies the odds and starts raising the level of the talent around him to make the team more competitive.

The veterans wouldn't appreciate that kind of week-to-week QB incubation approach.........but that's part of the quandary and why moving those not in the 2019 plans makes sense.

You CAN'T allow yourselves to wreck the QB......even at the expense of not getting him on the field as much as you'd prefer...and tbh as good as McCoy has been, I am not sure he is enough to significantly help Allen if the defense is giving up 28 points in the first half of games.

Perhaps that roster spot goes to a guy off someone's practice squad and that guy turns into a contributor in 2019?

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Rigotz said:

It’s pretty obvious the Bills are gonna struggle badly this season. If we can get a nice pick for McCoy, this is pretty much a full rebuild and he’s only got 3-4 pro bowl years left, maximum.

Reality seems to finally be setting in for Bills fans about this season. We need to trade him now, right?

3-4 pro bowl years. Keep deluding yourself. McCoy’s best years are behind him. This guy will have nothing left in the tank after this season. 

Edited by QBorBust2018

At this point it only makes sense to shop Lesean for maximum value.   We are not going anywhere with his talent right now, but instead, we can maximize it for the future. 

IMO, whatever he brings draft pick wise would be more suited on an Oline pick in the near future. 

The plus side to this for him is he will probably get a chance to actually go somewhere where he has a chance to win now, especially since he's closing fast on the twilight of his career. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TwistofFate said:

At this point it only makes sense to shop Lesean for maximum value.   We are not going anywhere with his talent right now, but instead, we can maximize it for the future. 

IMO, whatever he brings draft pick wise would be more suited on an Oline pick in the near future. 

The plus side to this for him is he will probably get a chance to actually go somewhere where he has a chance to win now, especially since he's closing fast on the twilight of his career. 

It’s the right thing for the team and for McCoy who has been nothing but a leader since being here. I thank you for your service McCoy. Maybe you can get a fourth? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Fix the title of your post. If you know this for a fact, quote your source.

3 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

which teams do you think would consider McCoy?