Another concerning thing to me McCoy

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Murphy was mainly rushing on draw plays on 2nd and 3rd and 10+. That is why he got a lot of yards. The few times he ran on 1st down he was equally ineffective. 

Agreed.   Draw plays in long down and distance situations will make most RBs look impressive...

4 minutes ago, Bacchus44 said:

But that might be few and far between when your QB is running for his life on nearly every play - especially when we don't have much talent at WR.

well, this will be on the coaches to figure out a way to git r done. if they send the house, then you need to find the open man. if they sit back, you need to take what they give. if you are completely inept, then you will be looking for employment elsewhere.

14 hours ago, Bacchus44 said:

I'm afraid that it's yet another year of opposition stacking the box to stuff the run due to no talented receivers or a good offensive line. 

I'm with others that say we should trade Shady while he still has his health. He's really not going to do us a lot of good this year, unfortunately. 

Not sure they will be able to stack the box with Allen.  One thing we know is he will push it down the field.  

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Murphy was mainly rushing on draw plays on 2nd and 3rd and 10+. That is why he got a lot of yards. The few times he ran on 1st down he was equally ineffective. 

Exactly. So many things were awful that there is no need to invent some.

But the running back group is solid. With that OL they can't just "pound the ball", but they could mix things up. Use Murphy or Ivory at the same time as McCoy, use Shady more in sweeps, short passes in the flat, as a WR facing a LB. He needs space! And in the 1st half use Ivory to soften up that defense so Shady has more running room and a fresh body for the 2nd half.

If I’m a Ravens defensive player and I know that the Bills don’t have a proven passer at the Qb position, I’m keying on Shady all day long!! Murphy hasn’t proven anything yet in this league. 

I think that accounts for the reason Shady had no were to run. 

16 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

thank goodness somebody finally pointed this out.

jesus, people. how about we pay attention to the situations they were handling the ball.

16 minutes ago, nucci said:

Not true...Sanders was great on some bad Lions teams

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t consider McCoy to be in Barry Sanders league. He’s close but not one of the all time greats! Shady goes down much easier than Sanders when you do catch him.

19 minutes ago, nucci said:

Not true...Sanders was great on some bad Lions teams

he wasn't talking about how good or bad a team was he was talking about the relation of the passing game to run game. and if you actually go back and look throughout the early to mid 90's the lions had a middle of the pack passing attack and an elite wr on the outside. 

1 minute ago, Bring it said:

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t consider McCoy to be in Barry Sanders league. He’s close but not one of the all time greats! Shady goes down much easier than Sanders when you do catch him.

is anybody though? I mean the guy would have SMASHED any meaningful rushing record had he not called it quits early. he was showing no signs of aging yet.

3 minutes ago, Bring it said:

Not too many in Sanders league.....one of the best ever

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

he wasn't talking about how good or bad a team was he was talking about the relation of the passing game to run game. and if you actually go back and look throughout the early to mid 90's the lions had a middle of the pack passing attack and an elite wr on the outside. 

is anybody though? I mean the guy would have SMASHED any meaningful rushing record had he not called it quits early. he was showing no signs of aging yet.

So true!! Classy guy too! Really enjoyed “A Football life” piece on Sanders!!