Kelvin Benjamin is NOT a Number 1 WR - Being Phased Out with the Youth Movement

26CornerBlitz

I was watching the game in a crowded Sports Bar - even in that environment I could KB was taking the afternoon off.

He needs to be a monster and win the battles for the ball.  I thought he gave up on the 2nd interception, bad ball but no urgency on his part to break up the play or to even make the tackle afterwards.   

59 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Benjamin played like a kitty on Sunday and anyone watching the game saw it.  I understand that there was a ton to focus on; the o-line, P-man, the defense, but what about the totally soft game played by Benjamin?

he got 2 game balls i hear

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Half the planet is mimicking his signature move after they score and ‘people want to believe’ Cam is a bad QB? OK

It's the media saying he's not a good QB, not the kids who look up to him. They run with these stories about KB saying he's bad. They do entire media shows saying Cam's the reason they lose. They never talk about line play or receiver play when it comes to Cam.

Edited by CuddyDark

54 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Benjamin played like a kitty on Sunday and anyone watching the game saw it.  I understand that there was a ton to focus on; the o-line, P-man, the defense, but what about the totally soft game played by Benjamin?

Here you go:

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/opinion/sals-sticks-bills-ravens

Also, McD was asked specifically in press conference yesterday about KB - do you need more from him (and Charles Clay)?

mcD: Absolutely

56 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Media has been all over him actually. They even brought up his lackluster play to McD (who didn't see a problem with it) and again yesterday where McD said both Benjamin and Clay need to step it up. 

I'm assuming (and seriously hoping) this is one of those instances where McD chooses not to publicly throw a player under the bus, but behind closed doors holds him 100% accountable for his piss-poor play.  Because if McD REALLY didn't see a problem with KB's performance Sunday then he may be in way over his head as a coach in this league.  I don't know what was worse regarding KB's play Sunday,  his multiple drops(which included what SHOULD'VE been his easiest catch of the day and the rookie's first TD pass), his failure to compete for balls that were still catchable, OR his utter "could care less" attitude which was on display the entire game.  

I fully admit that I personally wanted to see some form of emotion from him, particularly after dropping that TD, and the fact that he showed nothing ticked me off something fierce.  

52 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sunday’s performance looked like a guy who didn’t want to play at all...let alone his best. Quality players are in short supply around the league...he’ll get a Contract somewhere no matter how he looks this year. The key for him is to avoid injury. 

PS: I hope I’m wrong!

Agree.  However, if he plays this way all year, I'll be shocked to see him get any offer more than a one year prove it kinda deal, for more than 6 or 7 mil.  His excuse last year was he was returning from an ACL.  He'll have nothing to blame another sh!tty year on.  I have confidence Allen can get plenty of good balls his way.  My hope is that if he finally starts getting some reliable and consistent looks that he finds the motivation to step his game up...

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, Fadingpain said:

No ****.

Been saying that since the day we acquired him, as has Mike Schopp, by the way!   

Hugely overrated by this board.

Im with you on this one hated the trade from day 1. hes lazy and didn't like how he took plays off.

I had refused to open this thread for so long because those declaring he is not a #1 now we're those mocking me for this argument when we traded for him. Dude is an ideal #3 WR.  That's it. A career #3 and a damn good one at that depth.  You need a Antonio Brown.  Then you need a Bob Woods.  And then you need to find a Marquise Goodwin type for your #4.  Then you get a #5 off the bench that can play all spots, Donald Jones type.

Anyone ever thinking this guy was talented enough to be a #1 was delusional or doesn't know football.

Y'all should be eating crow.  Not trying to serve it.

On 9/10/2018 at 9:54 AM, HeHateMe said:

Weren't these all old regime guys save for Edmunds.

Geez! Get with the program. If they were good, they were not picked by Whaley, it was really a McD pick. If they were bad picks, it was Whaley's fault for them and for the mess he left behind for them to clean up. It also was McD's first year and Beane's first year, so they automatically get a pass, they were still using training wheels. And they were properly focused on the "process" which said that the main purpose in the 17  & 18 seasons was sacrificing 17 & 18 to generate lots of late round picks in 19 and 20 and taking out any "garbage" they did not personally create  so they could create huge cap space in 19 & 20.  This year is their year one. And it is way to early to judge it yet. It is all part of the greatly, bigly, magically brilliant "process" that must extend 5 or more years before you are allowed to judge it. Don't be so impatient and prematurely critical!  All hail the all powerful "Process!

Edited by simpleman

Yikes...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/12/zay-jones-mother-tweets-kelvin-benjamin-needs-help-lining-up/

Zay Jones’ mother tweets Kelvin Benjamin needs help lining up

A Buffalo-based reporter tweeted about Zay Jones playing 94 percent of the offensive snaps in the season opener. That prompted Jones’ mother to reply, “[regarding] Jones, who else is skilled enough to play all Wide out positions AND tell [Kelvin] Benjamin where to line up too?”...

Edit: Just saw there is a whole thread dedicated to this story. Of course Yolo or 26 broke the news right away, I shouldve known.

Edited by DrDawkinstein