Kelvin Benjamin is NOT a Number 1 WR - Being Phased Out with the Youth Movement

26CornerBlitz

It’s all Cam’s fault!!!  Never was big fan of him (Cam was the mvp when he missed the entire year) but how he handled that situation showed a lot about his character.  He’s the guy who’s it’s never his fault.  

Jordan Matthews and now Benjamin.  Buffalo is where receivers come to die and lose a lot of money.  We need to draft some real talent at the position because no FA receiver will ever sign with us.

17 hours ago, DKBills25 said:

I suggest we hit up dez

Dez is the exact same player as Benjamin, only much more delusional and much more of a distraction.

Both Benjamin and Dez are slot guys who masquerade as outside WRs.  We have no one on the roster who can win outside or vertically.  Dez (or Maclin) doesn't solve that, it's just another name people know.

17 hours ago, CDogg20 said:

Zay and Kerley are our best wrs. Uhhh ohhhh

In the second qtr zay had a pass bounce off him.  About a 15 or 20 yd pass right to his chest.  Announcer said the defender blocked it but I rewatched and there were no foreign arms in there.  Bounced hard off his hands else numbers.  

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Dez is the exact same player as Benjamin, only much more delusional and much more of a distraction.

Both Benjamin and Dez are slot guys who masquerade as outside WRs.  We have no one on the roster who can win outside or vertically.  Dez (or Maclin) doesn't solve that, it's just another name people know.

Like Dez would ever come to play here.

17 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Not impressing me either....you HAVE to catch balls that hit you right in the hands

Rather have Brandon Reilly for a much less price

In his defense it wasn't in his hands.

Allen put it in a place where it is almost impossible to think that anyone in this world would drop it.

...almost anyone.

8 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

In his defense it wasn't in his hands.

Allen put it in a place where it is almost impossible to think that anyone in this world would drop it.

...almost anyone.

The only way Allen could of had better placement is if he had rammed it down his throat.

The ball went right through his arms!

BennyMiss.jpg        

BennyMiss2.jpg

Edited by cd1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Agent's Take: Here are eight contract-year players who can cash in with a big 2018

1860744.png

Kelvin Benjamin BUF • WR • 13

Benjamin curiously blamed Panthers quarterback Cam Newton last month for not being as productive as Odell Beckham, Jr., Brandin Cooks and Mike Evans, who were also taken in the first round of the 2014 NFL draft, during his three and half seasons in Carolina. The 28th overall pick in 2014 didn't exactly set the world on fire after being traded to the Bills in the middle of last season. He caught 16 passes for 217 yards with one touchdown in six games.

Benjamin posted career highs of 73 receptions, 1,008 receiving yards and nine touchdown catches as a rookie in 2014 with Newton throwing to him. Matching or exceeding these marks this season will be quite an accomplishment with 2017 fifth-round pick Nathan Peterman, who has looked lost in his NFL starts, and 2018 seventh-overall pick Josh Allen, who is a work progress, under center for Buffalo. Doing so could allow Benjamin to top the five-year, $72 million extension (worth up to $81 million through salary escalators) with $40.007 million in guarantees Stefon Diggs recently received from the Vikings, given the explosion of wide receiver salaries in free agency this year.

....whoa with the negativity!.....kid has made some BIG strides heading into 2018...TOP priority was outing Cam to put him in his place.....so you think a couple of "inadvertent dropped balls " should take precedent especially in a contract year where he's lookin' at OBJ+ money?.....definite keeper IMO.....

1 minute ago, THE SLAMMER said:

He may get ZERO offers in free agency

He would get offers because he is a physical specimen

but honestly I dont care...if you cant catch balls that a rookie QB practically buries in your breadbasket for touchdowns.....you are not worth what ever you are asking for.

Im hoping his play improves as he gets more time on the field with Josh....he as missed a lot of games to injury this past year so Im trying to take that into account

• Like (+1) 1

He has the tools but not the mind or the desire for the game. That drop in the endzone was ridiculous. He would've had to take a hand off for that to be any easier. He's worried about Cam and a contract when he needs to start over at square one. Catch the damn ball.

Him and Zay both were prolific wide outs in college. And the both have some serious mental issues at the next level. I don't get it.

On 9/9/2018 at 9:16 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

I know there were extenuating circumstances, and I know we couldn't realistically pay what the Chiefs, Rams and 49ers did. But could you imagine Sammy, Woods and Goodwin along with Shady and the TEs with Josh flinging it all over?

I would just like to point out that we have $3.5M dead cap in Corey Coleman and are paying Kelvin Benjamin $8.5M.

That's $12M just for one WR since Coleman is gone.

This year, Robert Woods has a $5.5M cap hit on his new contract and Marquise Goodwin, $6.275M. 

That's $11.775M

Now if we picked up Sammy's 5th year option, he'd be costing us $13.5M right now.

My point is that we could easily pay what the Rams and 49ers did, and the $13.5M could have been found somehow.   These were choices.  Maybe in the long run, good choices; maybe in the long run bad choices.  But choices McDermott and Beane made, when other choices existed.

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t follow the rest of the league closely enough to know if this is an impossibly dumb idea, but does anyone think that Amari Cooper would be available for trade?  Carr doesn’t seem to connect with him and next year is the last year of his deal.  Also his salary doubles. 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would just like to point out that we have $3.5M dead cap in Corey Coleman and are paying Kelvin Benjamin $8.5M.

That's $12M just for one WR since Coleman is gone.

This year, Robert Woods has a $5.5M cap hit on his new contract and Marquise Goodwin, $6.275M. 

That's $11.775M

Now if we picked up Sammy's 5th year option, he'd be costing us $13.5M right now.

My point is that we could easily pay what the Rams and 49ers did, and the $13.5M could have been found somehow.   These were choices.  Maybe in the long run, good choices; maybe in the long run bad choices.  But choices McDermott and Beane made, when other choices existed.

Is this an example of emotional romanticizing?  :)

Edited by 26CornerBlitz