Kelvin Benjamin is NOT a Number 1 WR - Being Phased Out with the Youth Movement

26CornerBlitz

In all seriousness, if he has another clunker game, don’t be surprised if he’s IRd with an injury.  Bills will not release him because of comp pick formula.  

Edited by GG
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

That is more hope and prayer than commonsense

Is it? GB has one good player in their secondary and he isn’t a cornerback. Allen showed what he can do last week and that will raise KB’s stock and he has to know that. I’m sure his agent has been in his ear all week.

Factor in that Arod is going to score points, the Bills will be passing the ball and someone is going to need to catch it. The match up favors a good game for the big guy. 

On 9/23/2018 at 4:36 PM, stevewin said:

There's a part of me that has dreams of Allen being fearless and relentlessly getting all over KBs arse to get his act together - which ends up turning his season around.  Not likely- but how awesome would that be 

A rookie can't verbally get all over a veteran's arse.  It wouldn't work. 

That's what the play hurdling Barr was about.  It's a gauntlet. 

It's a "here's what I got athletically, here's what I'm willing to do to get the team a 1st down.  What YOU got?" moment.

12 hours ago, Irv said:

Let him go.  No effort. No talent.  

He's got talent right enough.  That's what's so frustrating.  He could if he would, but his head and his heart aren't there.

Let him go? Who we got behind him?

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A rookie can't verbally get all over a veteran's arse.  It wouldn't work. 

Allen has the ultimate tool, his decision on where to throw the ball.

Say hello to our new 6'5" big body molasses decoy.

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

At this rate, he’ll be available at a decent price next year. The armspan of an eagle means nothing to a pigeon who can’t grab.

Anyone here interested in offering a much lower 2 year deal?

I'm not interested in offering him anything but a ticket out of town.

Dude looks apathetic and blames everybody else.

He's in a contract year, this was the "prove it year" and he looks completely checked out.

If he cares this little on a contract year then I'm not sure what can motivate him.

• Like (+1) 1

At the very least, the entire team got a shot in the arm vs. the Vikes. And, it did look like Benjimin was better in the second half (granted, Daboll took his foot off the gas at that point). But, maybe that enthusiasm will help get Benjimin's head back in the game? That would be the optimistic take.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

At this rate, he’ll be available at a decent price next year. The armspan of an eagle means nothing to a pigeon who can’t grab.

Anyone here interested in offering a much lower 2 year deal?

...he's not worth an Earl Scheib paint job..............

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I think that's a bit harsh, myself. 

I mean, he's right about Foster and the long ball, but Holmes made a couple clutch catches one on the goal line that set up the touch, and just missed getting his 2nd foot inbounds on another.  He's also been clutch in blocking when asked.  Jones made a couple adjustments to help Allen out vs. Chargers.  He's caught 3 of his 4 targets last 2 weeks, and he's been open other times.

Benjamin caught 2 of 3 and 3 of 5 last 2 weeks.  While you'd like to see him do better, a 60% WR is as good as he's ever been in his career so that's not "a case of the dropsies" that's STD KB.  He was 50/50 his first two (good yardage) years in the league.  It's more his attitude, to me - the way he's whiffing blocks, the way he didn't try on the onside kick, his general demeanor seems to be like "homey don't care"

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think that's a bit harsh, myself. 

I mean, he's right about Foster and the long ball, but Holmes made a couple clutch catches one on the goal line that set up the touch, and just missed getting his 2nd foot inbounds on another.  He's also been clutch in blocking when asked.  Jones made a couple adjustments to help Allen out vs. Chargers.  He's caught 3 of his 4 targets last 2 weeks, and he's been open other times.

Benjamin caught 2 of 3 and 3 of 5 last 2 weeks.  While you'd like to see him do better, a 60% WR is as good as he's ever been in his career so that's not "a case of the dropsies" that's STD KB.  He was 50/50 his first two (good yardage) years in the league.  It's more his attitude, to me - the way he's whiffing blocks, the way he didn't try on the onside kick, his general demeanor seems to be like "homey don't care"

One to Five, it's an underwhelming group. 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's the real problem.  It's not like they're that bad as a group of #3-#5 NFL WR.

It's that they're missing the #1 and prolly the #2.

Therein lies the issue that unfortunately won't be addressed until 2019 via the draft and UFA.  

51 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Honestly though, and maybe my list is out of date, but there's some people that feel like they're worth a look.

Jeremy Maclin - yes, I know he snubbed us and may still have a hamstring issue

Jeremy Kerley - yes, I know we cut him

Dontrelle Inman

Jeff Janis

Dez Bryant - yes, I know...

Kendall Wright

Kenny Britt

Brandon Tate

Markus Wheaton

All of these guys are in that 27-30 range and could be useful vets that likely want to prove they still have it instead of stone hands Benjamin or can get separation out of bounds Foster.