Kelvin Benjamin is NOT a Number 1 WR - Being Phased Out with the Youth Movement

26CornerBlitz

Said this when they picked him up.

He plays small.

He doesn’t stay dialed in the whole game.

Im not defending NP, cut him tomorrow, but the first pick was on KB.

He came out of his break and slowed down, saw the ball, tried to speed back up and watched it go by. 

NP’s trying to make something happen and hoping his receiver’s going to bail him out.

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

I watched KB in person today. His body language, his lack of compete, his drops... he doesn’t even try to lay out and catch a non-perfectly thrown pass. He’s so lackadaisical. Huge disappointment. 

I know it wasn’t this year but any time a WR  rolls into camp at 280 lbs (and not always THAT heavy but often overweight), you have to question his commitment to excellence. Of the guys to take risks on I was surprised he was the dude.

Benjamin is not a traditional wr his speed is average hes more like a small tight end. hes not nearly as talented as even sammy watkins

but what he does give you is size and jump ball ability..he would be good with a qb who understands all the nuances of the game like brady obv 

brees etc but for a rookie qb or a young player like peterman its hard to tell when hes open because he hardly ever is you have to just be able to trust hell come

down with a contested catch .

1 hour ago, jamiezzz said:

He didn't impress today by any means.  If I'm not mistaken, he's on his last contract?  The way I saw him play today, was a player that wasn't taking risks, or putting in full effort.  Some catches, due to rain, can be excused, but damn, guy made no attempt on a number of plays to go put himself out there to get the ball.  If I'm Bills, and season looks to be grim, I start unloading some of these guys, McCoy, Benjamin, etc for picks.

Thank you. Well said.  His effort was poor.  IIRC both picks were on passes thrown to him?  On the 2nd he turned right, saw the defender there and kinda stopped.  He's a big body, keep moving and if he positions himself just beneath the DB he's in the right position to make the catch.  The first pick was similar, he appeared to end his route. 

He looked energized in the Carolina PS game, like he had something to prove. Needs the same effort every week.  At least in his case the coaches should be able to correct his shortcomings and physically he's a tough matchup when he uses his body and plays with an attitude. 

What about the rest of the WR group?  Zay Jones?  A lot of love for him on this board all summer.  I just don't get it.  Can't see him starting or getting any meaningful playing time on any other team.  You rarely see him get separation.  He isn't good.

Brady couldn't have won that game or kept it close today with these Bills offensive players. 

1 hour ago, CDogg20 said:

Zay and Kerley are our best wrs. Uhhh ohhhh

They aren't.  Zay should have been cut. 

Edited by keepthefaith

Just now, Blokestradamus said:

Literally been saying this since his last year at FSU but I'll happily take everyone on my bandwagon.

Coach stresses hard work; brings in 2 feckless cunts in Kelvin & Coleman. Consider me confused.

Well, when your only hardworker at WR is Zay Jones, who has managed to master the super power of invisibility, you gotta try something different!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He is a huge mismatch, but yeah didn’t make the few miraculous catches he could have thevfew tunes the ball got in his zip code. 

Still- if he and josh play together, they might eastablish something. Had over 1000 with cam. 

I don't get the "hugh mismatch". He can't get separation from anybody and he drops half the contested passes he's thrown. That doesn't sound to good to me.