Kelvin Benjamin is NOT a Number 1 WR - Being Phased Out with the Youth Movement

26CornerBlitz

depends on what you are expecting. Benjamin is not a burner. he is not a route runner exraordinaire. he is not a one handed grabbing highlight reel guy. but, he is a large man with one hell of a wingspan. he has a size advantage on every db in the game and should be able to shake loose of most lb's on the field. elite, no. good, yes. great? well...that remains to be seen but depends on many, many circumstances.

Benjamin was a slow WR when he entered the league and he's had multiple leg injuries since. When he's out there, he looks like he's in slow motion. He generates zero separation and all he can do at this point is try to use his body to shield the defender on jump balls. 

This guy needs to be sent packing once his contract is up. We need some wide receivers with real athletic ability. 

3 minutes ago, swnybillsfan said:

depends on what you are expecting. Benjamin is not a burner. he is not a route runner exraordinaire. he is not a one handed grabbing highlight reel guy. but, he is a large man with one hell of a wingspan. he has a size advantage on every db in the game and should be able to shake loose of most lb's on the field. elite, no. good, yes. great? well...that remains to be seen but depends on many, many circumstances.

.......that can’t catch

Benjamin had a terrible game.

He looked disinterested. He dropped the TD and a couple others. He gave up on a couple passes. The interference penalty called on the Ravens was really a penalty on him (although I supposed you could argue that was a nice play, ha). 

He's really slow but we already knew that. I don't see an reason why every throw to him should not be short or back shoulder and just let him jump up. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This guy looks slow, does not make plays for his QB, has compete, and focus issues.

No way I sign him to a big deal. 

Agree .. he was very poor today, even before the dropped TD.  He did not compete for the ball when he went up to get one in the first quarter.  He did not compete on the 2nd Peterman INT. 

I would not pay him a lot of money either.