Kelvin Benjamin is NOT a Number 1 WR - Being Phased Out with the Youth Movement

26CornerBlitz

18 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Rank your 1-32 active QB's in the NFL.  And where Cam fits.  Thanks.

1. Peterman

and in the distance, far behind you have the rest...

2-8 don't matter, I will not rate one above another and believe there is no dispute to proclaim any of these QB's to be better than Newton; arguably you could with Wilson but he has a ring, so I will not give any merit to any claim he is worse.

Roethlisberger

Brees

Brady

Rodgers

Flacco

Manning

Wilson

8 through 14 in no particular order because the style of offense matters and it will not matter for my argument because you'll go off of *feelings* to refute anything I say because Newton has yardage, TD's, etc.

Ryan

Dalton

Rivers

Cousins

Stafford

Luck

Newton

Others that are good but different and not worthy of top half of the league but are still QB's offering something to the team:

Fitzy

Carr

Bortles

The rest are too young to bother making an argument for or against, but if the brief glimpse we have seen of Wentz, Garrapolo and Mahomes continues they are offering their teams a better chance to win then Newton is currently.  But, you cannot weigh their career against Newton, yet.

Newton is not a leader, accurate, able to complete complicated reads and pull off difficult throws.  He just slings it and hopes someone catches it.

Just now, Boyst62 said:

1. Peterman

and in the distance, far behind you have the rest...

2-8 don't matter, I will not rate one above another and believe there is no dispute to proclaim any of these QB's to be better than Newton; arguably you could with Wilson but he has a ring, so I will not give any merit to any claim he is worse.

Roethlisberger

Brees

Brady

Rodgers

Flacco

Manning

Wilson

8 through 14 in no particular order because the style of offense matters and it will not matter for my argument because you'll go off of *feelings* to refute anything I say because Newton has yardage, TD's, etc.

Ryan

Dalton

Rivers

Cousins

Stafford

Luck

Newton

Others that are good but different and not worthy of top half of the league but are still QB's offering something to the team:

Fitzy

Carr

Bortles

The rest are too young to bother making an argument for or against, but if the brief glimpse we have seen of Wentz, Garrapolo and Mahomes continues they are offering their teams a better chance to win then Newton is currently.  But, you cannot weigh their career against Newton, yet.

Newton is not a leader, accurate, able to complete complicated reads and pull off difficult throws.  He just slings it and hopes someone catches it.

So at worst, you have Cam Newton 14th in the NFL and at best 8th, and you say he's "terrible" "sucks" or "a loser."  (I had him between 5th and 12th, remember).

What a deranged argument.

22 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Is this true?  I don't pay close attention to the Panthers and don't live near the area so I haven't heard anything like this.

his attitude affects the young players on the team.  it's not talked about but his constant craving of attention takes credit away from other players.  CMC is humble and doesn't get bothered by it otherwise it'd be different.  Looking at much better players like Steve Smith rip Newton apart is clear evidence.  there are only a few WR's that stay with newton for more than a few years, they grow tired of him, his ol will turn on him without kalil holding the ol together.  newton makes no blocking calls for the line and has no idea whats going on per reports i've read - kalil tells newton what they'll do.  him leaving at the endo f hte year is doom for the panthers.

teammates just never cared about him for his antics and he fights a lot in practice.  the carolina media soaks him up as the poster boy for it but if he doesnt get attention he is a child sulking and pissing people off as he pouts - which is exactly what norman has said and it's true.

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

So at worst, you have Cam Newton 14th in the NFL and at best 8th, and you say he's "terrible" "sucks" or "a loser."  (I had him between 5th and 12th, remember).

What a deranged argument.

no.  in a field of only judging 16 qbs on their career because too many are too young, though show potential, in this current snapshot he is only middle of hte road.

and if he is not a clear cut argued top 3 qb right now and has not been for his entire career (he has not) there is no way anyone with a sound mine, intelligence over that of a 5 year old, or detached from madden can rate him a top 10 qb in the history of the league as some perennial force.

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

his attitude affects the young players on the team.  it's not talked about but his constant craving of attention takes credit away from other players.  CMC is humble and doesn't get bothered by it otherwise it'd be different.  Looking at much better players like Steve Smith rip Newton apart is clear evidence.  there are only a few WR's that stay with newton for more than a few years, they grow tired of him, his ol will turn on him without kalil holding the ol together.  newton makes no blocking calls for the line and has no idea whats going on per reports i've read - kalil tells newton what they'll do.  him leaving at the endo f hte year is doom for the panthers.

teammates just never cared about him for his antics and he fights a lot in practice.  the carolina media soaks him up as the poster boy for it but if he doesnt get attention he is a child sulking and pissing people off as he pouts - which is exactly what norman has said and it's true.

Thanks.  Didn't realize it was so bad with Cam.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Thanks.  Didn't realize it was so bad with Cam.

it's not **bad** it's just difficult.  the team gets it, he's successful at football and contributes to his teams success so they overlook it.  but as soon as he begins to be an issue i promise he will be ostracized.  

a good example was one of the biggest fights he got in to years ago.  it was training camp and some young DB was going to tackle him and let up on a tackle in order to not hurt the QB.  cam lowers his shoulder on the young DB and knocks the kid around banging him up a little because he knows he can get away with it and thinking it's ok to just bully guys who cannot defend themselves in ordre to showboat.  this is when josh norman attacked him, because as norman said, newton is always clowning and showboating on defenders who cannot do anything back.

Edited by Boyst62

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

no.  in a field of only judging 16 qbs on their career because too many are too young, though show potential, in this current snapshot he is only middle of hte road.

and if he is not a clear cut argued top 3 qb right now and has not been for his entire career (he has not) there is no way anyone with a sound mine, intelligence over that of a 5 year old, or detached from madden can rate him a top 10 qb in the history of the league as some perennial force.

I have never ever ever said he is a top 10 QB in league history.  Especially if you consider "playing the position the right way" which I do.

Cam is closer to a weapon than a QB.  He is closer to a Tyrod Taylor than a Tom Brady.  He will never ever be the guy who dissects a defense, who is surgical against coverages, who is pinpoint accurate.  Ever.  He HAS BEEN a guy capable of putting the offense on his back because he has a cannon and can run through defenders.  And when he gets hot, much like Eli, Stafford etc, he is capable of playing against the best.  

And that's why he's overrated.  Guys like Brady/Manning/etc have offered a million little things and details that Cam never has.  But Cam can still win an MVP through his ridiculous talent alone.  

The topic is Benjamin, enough Cam Newton talk.

So the coach is going to check into the report that KB refused to run routes with Allen before the game.

If this is true then KB should be benched and  traded.  Whatever we have to do to not pay him would be great.  We can lose with Ray Ray in there, no problem. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Get him off the team. I'd trade him and throw in Peterman for the sake of it.

Trade Benjamin or Peterman, and you might get a fifth for each.

Package them, and those two fifths turn in to a single seventh.

On 9/9/2018 at 5:32 PM, Best Player Available said:

He's a borderline scrub. Props to Beane for not extending him in the off season. 

I can't give Beane ot McDermott credit for anything today. Its not fair but I can't. This offense overshadows EVERYTHING.