Kelvin Benjamin is NOT a Number 1 WR - Being Phased Out with the Youth Movement

26CornerBlitz

He is awful, and he is hurting this team. An embarrassment to the WR position. Would much rather see a young hungry WR that will give it his all. Would like to see him go sooner rather than later, but it looks like they are going to stick with him for the time being for some reason, so we'll see what happens.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

On 9/9/2018 at 9:01 PM, Augie said:

Does Croom look faster? He looks more athletic, and I doubt he could drop any more balls. 

He is athletic but he can't Bloch, catch, or run routes and he fumbles a lot. Love having players on this team that you know if they were released would not be on another roster.

22 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He is athletic but he can't Bloch, catch, or run routes and he fumbles a lot. Love having players on this team that you know if they were released would not be on another roster.

He’s got better hands than KB, and he looks more athletic. He probably times his jumps better, too. I remember one fumble, but he knew to have two arms on the ball and it just went bad. Not selling him as a blocker, but maybe he can be a speed bump???  And I’m confident Croom would catch on somewhere else. Not as a #1 or even 2, but on a roster. 

I’m not pushing Croom as much as I’m bashing the enigma that is KB. 

Edited by Augie

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

He’s got better hands than KB, and he looks more athletic. He probably times his jumps better, too. I remember one fumble, but he knew to have two arms on the ball and it just went bad. Not selling him as a blocker, but maybe he can be a speed bump???  And I’m confident Croom would catch on somewhere else. Not as a #1 or even 2, but on a roster. 

I’m not pushing Croom as much as I’m bashing the enigma that is KB. 

Croom was in for 60% of the offensive plays and didn't get one target. Make no mistake, the reason why this offense sucks is a combination of KB and Croom. Bank on it when they are gone this team gets better.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Wow that was dreadful he gets to the guys that might be covering him and just slows to a walk.

KB has a lot of dog in him, but he has the nerve to get offended when he's asked if he has an effort issue.  I can't see how he could possibly believe anything but that when we know he watches film. 

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

KB has a lot of dog in him, but he has the nerve to get offended when he's asked if he has an effort issue.  I can't see how he could possibly believe anything but that when we know he watches film. 

Maybe KB is not dogging it and slow is his natural speed.  I can see how he'd get upset if this is the case.  

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Maybe KB is not dogging it and slow is his natural speed.  I can see how he'd get upset if this is the case.  

I'm not talking about speed. He quits on routes, doesn't put effort into blocking, and certainly does not go all out with any kind of consistency.  No excuse for either one of these with many other examples of the same or similar.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm not talking about speed. He quits on routes, doesn't put effort into blocking, and certainly does not go all out with any kind of consistency.  No excuse for either one of these with many other examples of the same or similar.

Not a fan of the cover one post here. Seems a little bit finding a play to fit a narrative. (Directed at cover one not you)

The post by tabbot on that play I yelled at the tv to never let that bum on the field again ha

Benjamin in my opinion shouldn't even be activated on game days especially if they want to go young.

I wonder if they are worried he would become a bigger distraction if they deactivated him?

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Christ, that’s an embarrassing effort. Seems to have no concept of the importance of running all routes full out and the impact that has on both the current play being run as well as later in games. He just makes it far too easy on the defense. Just not a competitor. Can’t be off my favorite team soon enough.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Not a fan of the cover one post here. Seems a little bit finding a play to fit a narrative. (Directed at cover one not you)

The post by tabbot on that play I yelled at the tv to never let that bum on the field again ha

Benjamin in my opinion shouldn't even be activated on game days especially if they want to go young.

I wonder if they are worried he would become a bigger distraction if they deactivated him?

He quit on the route.

KB sucks on his contract year, it ended up being a bad trade move on and let it go after this season they will have the cap space to bring in better players. At least Zay is coming on stronger showing consistent improvement. 

Edited by billsfan89

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Kelvin Benjamin is NOT a Number 1 WR - Doesn't Want to Hear from Fans on Social Media
On 11/16/2018 at 6:01 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

I recall a game on a late drive.. Titans I think where he gave up on a block and stood lazily in the running lane forcing Ivory to have to run in to him and go down. Man couldn't be bothered to finish his block on a run on his side or even just RUN FORWARD to lead block. He was so lazy he tackled Ivory who likely thought he was going to do something rather than literally just park his bigass in the running lane.

Was so pissed at him. 1 minute to go and needed a field goal.. wtf?!

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm not even sure what to take from that article.

Benjamin said he's going to leave everything on the field.  :lol:

"We got six games left and I gotta try and go all out and put my body on the line,"  :huh: he said. "Hopefully I come out healthy and just get ready for the offseason."

On 11/16/2018 at 7:01 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Maybe he is winded. 

On 11/16/2018 at 7:22 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

He quit on the route.

He probably did just quit on the route, but I actually think it was a good thing for him to do so (though he probably did not realize it when he did it). Zay was wide open, and by Benjamin basically stopping, it basically took his man out of the play so that Zay had more space to turn up the field.

Likewise I think Holmes should have sat down on his route in the first clip. He was wide open over the middle and instead basically ran into the coverage.

Edited by DCOrange