Was this the worst

Niagara Dude

This was easily one the worst opener games I ever seen. It's up there as one of the worst games I have ever seen as well from this team.

Every single phase was just complete garbage.

The only bright side I can even get out of that game was Kyle Williams and hoping Edmunds will get better and better.

Edited by Real McCoy

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

This was easily one the worst opener games I ever seen. It's up there as one of the worst games I have ever seen as well from this team.

Every single phase was just complete garbage.

The only bright side I can even get out of that game was Kyle Williams and hoping Edmunds will get better and better.

I agree,  the team did not look prepared and that falls on coaching.  We needed to take more chances on defense with bltizes,  i saw 3 complete crosss the field passes completed by Flacco today.  That tells me our DB'S were not covering well,  those are usually picks.

32 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

It was bad enough that I spent most the game wondering if McD is just another failure, it got to the point that when they showed him on the broadcast I was bothered by his look. 

Bleh. It’s a process yah yah. The lack of effort and skill was a gross display. 

All McDermotts talk means nothing. They got lucky last year. Even Beane and McDermott didn’t expect to win 9 games. McDermott doesn’t suit up. It’s about the 53 on the field. And our 53 is horrendous. Long long year coming up. 

37 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

This is the most disappointing Bills game I've ever watched.  I didn't expect a win, but I was hoping for some competence. Hopefully this just an anaomly. A little early to start talking about tanking. 

They don’t need to intentionally tank. This team will try their hardest and still only win a handful of games if they’re lucky. 

• Like (+1) 1

Been watching since the 1979 opener when I was almost 11. Now I am almost 50 and that has to be the worst opener ever.  I don't remember them ever looking so bad out of the gate. Every possible thing went wrong for them. I cannot believe that Beane would have had no idea about the shortcomings of the team and just hope for the best. An absolute embarrassment from top to bottom!

2012 opener vs Jets might rival this.  The only reason that one may have been worse is because it was against Mark Sanchez.  Flacco may not be great but I would certainly take him over mr butt fumble.  But at the end of the day, today was probably the worst.

Edited by Talley56

Hard to think back on every single game and remember how bad it got.  What I can say is that this is the most embarrassed I can ever remember being for the team (and as a fan of the team).  

As a Bills fan, I'm stunned that I'm able to say that.

The GM and Coach have been given time to build this franchise, but I think these two guy have taken that to an unfair extreme.

Everything with them is next year.  Last draft they passed on Mahommes and Watson because they were going to get their franchise QB next year.

They traded two players who were top five picks (Watkins and Dareus), believing they were going to replace them next year.

Even when they spent a fortune of draft picks on their franchise QB, the expectation is that he'll start next year.

Meanwhile they fill the roster with the Panther's trash, and the team seems to buy into this lack of urgency.  Why play hard for this front office if you know you are not part of the plan.

Anyway, having a long term strategy is good, but you have to show a minimum of competency while setting the plan in motion.

So far, there's it looks like there has been a whole lot of incompetence by the front office leading into this season.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

This is the worst loss in the history of the franchise in my opinion.  The Pats 56-10 game was a slightly bigger point margin, but the quality of the Pats vs the Ravens makes this worse.

Its the worst opening day loss in franchise history.

By a whopping 20 points. Previous worst was 27-3. Per Sully lol.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

And here Peterman was deemed to be just like Druuuu Breeeeeez all week on TSW

Based on preseason games Peterman earned the start today.  He was the best of the three QBs in those games.  But  because of his infamous start against the LAC no one should be surprised by how poorly he played.  Allen now has to be rushed into starting because the Bills were too stupid to have a serviceable QB on the roster.

• Like (+1) 1