Was this the worst

Niagara Dude

16 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Huge Bills fan and i have been following the team since Chuck Knox days,  maybe i am missing one but was this the worst season opener performance in franchise history?  

I read somewhere that a team hasn’t been held to no first downs in a half since 1966, and it only happened twice before then. 

So then, yeah, maybe. 

Yes, this is the most lopsided Opening Day loss in franchise history, and the 2nd worst loss (of any kind) in franchise history.

Now that is what I call special!

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/09/09/buffalo-bills-lose-ravens-worst-season-opening-loss-team-history/1248520002/

1 minute ago, jimmy10 said:

I read somewhere that a team hasn’t been held to no first downs in a half since 1966, and it only happened twice before then. 

So then, yeah, maybe. 

No that's not right.  The stat was for an entire game, not a half.

Worst I've seen and have been watching since 1960. I remember them losing 48-6 (or something close to that) vs Oakland at home in the 2nd week of the season in 1968 and getting the coach (Joel Collier) fired.

Edited by BubbaT
  • Like (+1) 1

Matthew Fairburn tweeted the following toward the end of the first half of the game.

I have now seen this misquoted at least 3 times here by various Bills fans, so I thought I'd reference it.

Bills offense still doesn't have a first down. For those wondering: An NFL team hasn't gone an entire game without a first down since 1966. It has only happened twice in NFL history.

7 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

It was bad enough that I spent most the game wondering if McD is just another failure, it got to the point that when they showed him on the broadcast I was bothered by his look. 

Bleh. It’s a process yah yah. The lack of effort and skill was a gross display. 

It cracked me up late in the 1st half they showed McD and he was clapping ? 

Just now, Fadingpain said:

Most folks around here are the kool-aid drinking type.

Some are absolutely intoxicated on the stuff 24/7.

:w00t:

I didn’t expect a win but gosh almighty that was a nightmare from the coin toss

• Like (+1) 1