Wipe the floor clean

McBean

Trade McCoy, trade Hughes, send Kyle to the Pats, and please for the love of God get rid of the worst FA signing ever in Charles Clay.

Start Allen every game to see if he’s worth a crap and if not, take QB #1 overall next year.

This team sucks. Absolutely sucks.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, McBean said:

Trade McCoy, trade Hughes, send Kyle to the Pats, and please for the love of God get rid of the worst FA signing ever in Charles Clay.

Start Allen every game to see if he’s worth a crap and if not, take QB #1 overall next year.

I mean, this is your fault.... so fix it

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, McBean said:

Star Lotulelei, Trent Murphy, Vontae Davis, Phillip Gaines and Russ Bodine are all worse FA signings than Clay.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Playoff Bound said:

I can't believe anyone is surprised.  They stunk in the preseason games.  Nothing new.  

Got called every single type of stupid for saying that before.

"It's just preseason"

Next it'll be "it's just one game"

After that it'll be "its only halfway through the season"

Yep. I don't really need to see more. This team is not competitive, and will not be competitive in the short run. It's time to start fielding offers for any/every one other than Allen, Edmunds, and Tre White.  That's your core. The rest is garbage or (Shady) won't be around by the time the team MAY be competitive.

As a starting point: cut Peterman. No one - other than a Peyton Manning-level prospect - gets a third chance to be this awful. Start Allen, sign whatever veteran QB is out there, and go forward with the normal mix of the savvy placeholder vet + the talented raw rookie.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

Got called every single type of stupid for saying that before.

"It's just preseason"

Next it'll be "it's just one game"

After that it'll be "its only halfway through the season"

"It's just one terrible season."

Just now, McBean said:

Brandon Beane is scaring the hell out of me.

I'm slowly starting to realize that both Beane and McDermott are bumbling idiots.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Playoff Bound said:

I can't believe anyone is surprised.  They stunk in the preseason games.  Nothing new.  

Im not. I predicted 3-13 in season prediction thread this morning look it up.

I’m just amazed that not only will they not win 3, hell they may not win 1!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, McBean said:

Brandon Beane is scaring the hell out of me.

He AND McD. Last year, they had me convinced they had a plan. Then after clearing some bad contracts, they inexplicably went ahead and took on a couple additional (Star/Murphy; Murphy isn't that bad a contract, but Star is) bad contracts. Then we had my biggest fear come true: The Smartest Man in the Room Syndrome. Every team with a talented rookie QB has the AJ McCarron, the Josh McCown (and Teddy Bridgewater), the Sam Bradford, the Tyrod Taylor as the veteran placeholder. But no! Not us! We're smarter than that. We will make this Peterman kid into something better than the veteran placeholder! We're smarter! Oops. Here comes some Derek Anderson now, but in the meantime it'll be a slaughter.

1 minute ago, McBean said:

They are pretty much who I thought they'd be.

I'm not too keen on trading everybody and sending the message to the rookies that "Hey, we just don't give a ****."  

3 minutes ago, McBean said:

I figured they would suck but I also figured they would luck into 5 or 6 games. Had we not gone to the playoffs last year this would be the beginning of the end of McDermott and or Beane

• Like (+1) 2

Going into the season We knew the WR's couldn't get separation and lacked speed. We also knew that our o-line was a work in progress. Allen isn't ready and Peterman was a Pre-season all star. Slow your roll speed racer. We were embarrassed by the Chargers, Saints and Jets and still finished with a 9-7 record.  With the debacle today, I want to know what happened to our defense? A large amount of money was spent on FA's on that side of the ball, to no avail. Am I concerned, absolutely, but its not time to abandon the season.