[Vague Title] Wow just wow...

junyto45

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Dude. Go look for the multiple threads on this. It's been discussed before. You are wrong. No offense.

No offense taken, however Doug made all the moves. Terry was and is new to the NFL, and when Doug (and Russ) tells him to sign this coach, and then when Doug says "draft player X", he listened. He doesnt know his @$$ from his elbow when it comes to evaluating draft picks, why would he be running the war room on draft day? Common sense. Do you think Terry told them who to draft?

When it came to contracts, do you seriously think Terry is conducting the negotiations? Who do you think is on the phone with the agent? He was rubber stamping ALL of Dougs moves. He doesnt know how to evaluate talent, what do you think he is paying Doug for?

Edited by MILFHUNTER#518
Spelling

10 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Whaley told him "Dont let him leave the building". Whaley was in charge of personnel. Doug was GM. He hired Doug to make those decisions. Dont you know how business works? 

First of all the line was Russ not Doug. Secondly it was once the Pegulas had already said "I think Rex might be our guy".

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

It's been reported here numerous times Rex was not Whaleys choice. It was Pegulas. 

Yep. 

Whaley's choice might not make him look any better but he was absolutely all in on Hue Jackson and keeping Schwartz. That was Whaley's plan. 

1 hour ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

This season isn’t about winning or losing anymore. This season is all about one thing only and that’s development of the younger players, particularly Josh Allen.

Get him some protection, this OL is bad

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

First of all the line was Russ not Doug. Secondly it was once the Pegulas had already said "I think Rex might be our guy".

Yep. 

Whaley's choice might not make him look any better but he was absolutely all in on Hue Jackson and keeping Schwartz. That was Whaley's plan. 

The line, yes, you are correct. My bad.?

We were debating whether the roster and dead cap space was the result of Doug or Terry meddling. It is not Terry, he delegated control of roster and personnel to Doug Whaley. Terry's bad was hiring Doug Whaley. Doug Whaley created this mess.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It's been reported here numerous times Rex was not Whaleys choice. It was Pegulas. 

This board is not a news service. Ok lets use your logic. So i should believe that Israel is behind 9/11? There is a thread somewhere on here that claims that is the case! It HAS to be true, correct?

If i created a thread about how I, MILFHUNTER#518 can communicate with aliens via a satellite communication device that deploys out of my @$$hhole would you be a believer?

Just now, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

The line, yes, you are correct. My bad.?

We were debating whether the roster and dead cap space was the result of Doug or Terry meddling. It is not Terry, he delegated control of roster and personnel to Doug Whaley. Terry's bad was hiring Doug Whaley. Doug Whaley created this mess.

Well Terry didn't hire Doug. He kept him. Doug and Rex are certainly partly responsible. But tell me... would this team look better or worse with Watkins, Dareus and Glenn on it? They were arguably our 3 best players (or 3 of 4 with Shady). They are gone, we are sat with their money on our books and holes in the 3 spots they played - DL, OL and WR. 

I am not clamouring for firings... but the activity this offseason was less than impressive. They need to put their 10 picks and lots of cap space to good use next spring because there are a ton of wholes. Some of their own making. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Well Terry didn't hire Doug. He kept him. Doug and Rex are certainly partly responsible. But tell me... would this team look better or worse with Watkins, Dareus and Glenn on it? They were arguably our 3 best players (or 3 of 4 with Shady). They are gone, we are sat with their money on our books and holes in the 3 spots they played - DL, OL and WR. 

I am not clamouring for firings... but the activity this offseason was less than impressive. They need to put their 10 picks and lots of cap space to good use next spring because there are a ton of wholes. Some of their own making. 

Totally agree with last part. But i think that is because of the cap situation.

Dareus and Watkins were character/locker room moves. Glenn was to get a draft pick to go after Allen. Lets see how we look 2 years from now, with Allen under center.

Just now, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Totally agree with last part. But i think that is because of the cap situation.

Dareus and Watkins were character/locker room moves. Glenn was to get a draft pick to go after Allen. Lets see how we look 2 years from now, with Allen under center.

I agree with McDermott that you want talent and habits. But you cannot, absolutely cannot, prioritise character over talent. We have replaced people who were character concerns with people who are talent concerns. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Like every Bills fan, I'm really unhappy about the results of the game.  I actually did not get to see most of it.  My wife are trying to buy a house in the Rochester area (the burbs, not the city) under a tight timeline, and it is a sellers' market.  The good news is we found a candidate.   I heard a fair portion of the game.  It sounded to me as if the offensive line performed as most pundits expected it to (horribly).  The defense was also terrible, but some of that can be chalked up to the offense.  When your opponent has the ball virtually the entire half, not only does it give you more opportunity to rack up points and gain yardage, but playing defense takes more energy than offense, and the more it is on the field, the more tired the defense is going to get.  Meanwhile, your opponent's offense is going to get more and more energized -  a snowball effect if you will.  Anyway, while Peterman didn't help matters at all, it seems like the offensive line is the primary focus of the putridness.   Brandon Beane was hit this offseason with some unpleasant surprises on the offensive line in the career ending injury to Eric Wood, and Ritchie Incognito's bizarre retirement.  He made a judgment call to proceed with his initial priority of finding a future QB and a middle linebacker who could make the McDermott defense click.  Maybe his judgment was wrong, maybe not.  You may not be able to do everything in an NFL offseason when you've got lots of holes, and the salary cap situation doesn't help.  He made another judgment call to take all the pain of the dead cap money  and endure it this year.  He tried to patch the offensive line with bandaids, and at this point that looks to be a miserable failure.

So there's plenty of bad news here, and it's not likely to looke any prettier over the next few weeks.  Who knows, stranger things have happened in the NFL.  The good new is that Josh Allen didn't mess his pants when he came in.  No, he wasn't great, and his completion percentage was well below 50%, but he, like Peterman was under heavy pressure from a good attacking defense.  The Bills only scored a field goal with Allen under center, but he did manage to move the ball even with all the adversity.  He also had several receivers drop balls.  He needs to learn to throw with touch, but receivers are responsible to make the catch whether or not the ball is hot.  I'm not going to tell McDermott what to do.  If he wants to start Peterman next Sunday, that's his business, but if he were to start Josh Allen, I don't think it would be the worst decision he's ever made.