Bills vs. Ravens Postgame ?

26CornerBlitz

Buffalo Bills vs. Baltimore Ravens Live Score and Stats - September 9, 2018 Gametracker

BALTIMORE (AP) Following a lengthy training camp and five meaningless preseason outings, the Baltimore Ravens finally got the chance to evaluate themselves in a game that counts.

Judging by their 47-3 rout of the Buffalo Bills on a rainy Sunday, the Ravens might be pretty darn good.

Then again, that might be tough to determine: The Bills looked absolutely awful.

Baltimore harassed and embarrassed Buffalo quarterback Nathan Peterman, and the Ravens got three touchdown passes from Joe Flacco in an opener worth savoring.

''Anytime you go get a win in Week 1, it's great,'' Flacco said. ''Anytime you have a performance like we did, it's great. We just have to make sure we build on this.''

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

100 million cap space should sign 3 good offensive lineman next year. This team is in 16 game preseason mode. Need to find someone who can catch the ball. How many drops??

I thinks it’s actually closer to 60 million...I believe it was around 80-90 million before this years offseason signings.

Edited by JaCrispy

19 minutes ago, Capco said:

I'd like to see some serious investment in the trenches next year.  Maybe draft some front seven guys and spend $$ on OL in Free Agency.  

WRs take a bit to develop, and I'm not against drafting one for the long haul, but because Allen needs help sooner rather than later I think we need to pick up a legitimate weapon in FA next off season.  

And can we finally draft a 21st-century NFL tight end?  You know, the ones that seemingly every other team loves to carve us up with?

Just now, Tatonka68 said:

60 million should get you at least 3 good linemen and WR who can get open.

Who are all these great lineman that are available?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/offensive-line/

• Thank you (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I remember Kaep leading the 49er's to the Super Bowl, also him reclaiming the QB spot from Gabbert and having a pretty decent season on a real crappy team.

Kaepernick sucks, he is a one trick pony. That is why he is making ads for Nike and no team has signed him since he got cut two years ago.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

60 million should get you at least 3 good linemen and WR who can get open.

I agree...let’s just hope the Jets don’t beat us to the punch...they are going to be looking for similar positions and have more cap space than the Bills.

14 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I thinks it’s actually closer to 60 million...I believe it was around 80-90 million before this years offseason signings.

No, it’s $90m as per Spotrac.  We’re 3rd in the League, but there are few good FA’s at positions of need.  The draft remains our best bet, which means 2-3 more years of a rebuild.....

1 minute ago, Capco said:

Oof that list isn't pretty.  I'd take Kalil, Iupati, and Henderson over Groy, Vlad, and Mills... but I see your point.  

Thank you Capco for looking and replying!

As bad as that list is remember some of the older guys (and there is a lot of them) could retire.

Others will get signed by their original team.

And yet other will sign with non Buffalo Bills teams.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MattM said:

No, it’s $90m as per Spotrac.  We’re 3rd in the League, but there are few good FA’s at positions of need.  The draft remains our best bet, which means 2-3 more years of a rebuild.....

Not so, look at the Rams and Eagles. If you hit on your QB and coach you can turn it around in their 2nd season.