Bills vs. Ravens Postgame ?

26CornerBlitz

Just now, HappyDays said:

Whaley left them with a huge mess. It's taking them 2 seasons just to clean it up, and next they have to restock the shelves. Anyone who thought this team was close was kidding themselves. We had very little talent and a salary cap filled with underperforming players. So far it looks like we have a franchise CB, QB, LT, and MLB. We didn't have a single franchise player when they took over other than Kyle Williams on his last legs. This year we lost Wood and Incognito to retirement. What did you honestly expect?

How are they "restocking the shelves" by cleaning house? How many players are left on the team from when they took over?

Generally, you keep the players you have until you are able to find their replacements. That hasn't been their approach. This is the result.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Gotta look at the tape.  ?

Bills coach Sean McDermott said after Sunday's 47-3 loss to the Baltimore Ravens that he will "look at the tape" before deciding his starting quarterback when the Bills host the Los Angeles Chargers next Sunday. "Overall, I thought we could have been better at a number of positions," McDermott said. "I’ve gotta look at the tape, to be honest with you, to get a better feel for exactly making sure we were in the right spots for [Nathan Peterman] as well before I give you a better readout on that.” Peterman was benched in the third quarter after completing five of 18 passes for 24 yards and two interceptions.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Frodak_mike.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop

Mike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer

Really? Why would he ever want to watch that tape? 

Burn it! And start over.

Doesn't matter how much you restock the shelves if you can't coach offense you are just shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.  I have no problems with McD as a coach but he seems completely unable to recognize talent on the offensive side of the ball either in players or coaches.

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Gotta look at the tape.  ?

Bills coach Sean McDermott said after Sunday's 47-3 loss to the Baltimore Ravens that he will "look at the tape" before deciding his starting quarterback when the Bills host the Los Angeles Chargers next Sunday. "Overall, I thought we could have been better at a number of positions," McDermott said. "I’ve gotta look at the tape, to be honest with you, to get a better feel for exactly making sure we were in the right spots for [Nathan Peterman] as well before I give you a better readout on that.” Peterman was benched in the third quarter after completing five of 18 passes for 24 yards and two interceptions.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Frodak_mike.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop

Mike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer

If he has to look at the tape first, what prompted him to pull Peterman when he did?

The biggest (and virtually only) criticism I have of the FO right now is the OLine. I’m assuming the plan was in place before wood And incognito retired and they decided not to adjust accordingly. I can respect that. But man, I wish they had been able to put something better together. It’s so bad. 

55 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

No emotion from the coach at all.

I'm sorry but you can't act like Bill Belichick in front of the media if you have zero track record of success.  The fans deserve some outrage from their head coach.

I understand the frustration but they did make the playoffs last year.    They're not exactly 0-17

I place the blame directly on the shoulders of McDermott and his plagiarized "process."

Let's place the following 3 quarterbacks in order of who is better:

Tyrod

Peterman

McCarron

McDermott never should have put Peterman in.....LAST YEAR. When he did, it resulted what may have been the worst performance in NFL history. He didn't throw AS many picks today because defenders dropped the slippery, wet balls thrown right at them.  McDermott got rid of 2 clearly superior quarterbacks and played a sub-par college level quarterback.

I can't think of any acceptable excuse to play Peterman. This is cruel to the players on the team and painful the fans. 

Process? Yeah, sure.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Sammy was 3 first round picks, so it was 5.

Oh man my favorite argument of all time... I also just remembered we got an extra 1st round pick and still got White. So we used 2 drafts worth of 1st rounders on 3 franchise players. Whaley used 4 and got nothing. I can't believe he still has his fans around here.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Oh man my favorite argument of all time... I also just remembered we got an extra 1st round pick and still got White. So we used 2 drafts worth of 1st rounders on 3 franchise players. Whaley used 4 and got nothing. I can't believe he still has his fans around here.

This team is on the same trajectory as the Sabres, using the same logic that they used about cleaning house and rebuilding. See how that worked out for them? 

GAME RECAP: Bills drop season opener to Ravens

Regular season records: Buffalo (0-1), Baltimore (1-0)

In a nutshell:

The Bills couldn’t get anything going in the passing game. They struggled to gain yardage on the ground, as well. Couple this with a few mishaps on defense and special teams, and it accounts for a 44-point loss in Baltmore.

The offense failed to make plays throughout the day, not picking up a first down until the second half. A quarterback change helped energize the offense a bit in the second half, but the talented Baltimore defense was able to keep Buffalo to three points.

The explosive Ravens offense put points up early and often on Sunday, entering halftime with a 26-point lead. Baltimore added to their lead in the second half, ultimately winning the contest by a score of 47-3.

With the loss, the Bills fell to 0-1 on the season.

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

I place the blame directly on the shoulders of McDermott and his plagiarized "process."

Let's place the following 3 quarterbacks in order of who is better:

Tyrod

Peterman

McCarron

McDermott never should have put Peterman in.....LAST YEAR. When he did, it resulted what may have been the worst performance in NFL history. He didn't throw AS many picks today because defenders dropped the slippery, wet balls thrown right at them.  McDermott got rid of 2 clearly superior quarterbacks and played a sub-par college level quarterback.

I can't think of any acceptable excuse to play Peterman. This is cruel to the players on the team and painful the fans. 

Process? Yeah, sure.

What would YOU do if your QB threw for 53 yards in an NFL game and your offense was stagnant?

Did you know Tyrod threw for less than 200 yards in 8 of his 14 starts?