I miss Tyrod! There I've said it! Why lie to us McBeane?

Scorp83

3 hours ago, billieve420 said:

Bills made the right decision to move on when they received a good offer from Cleveland. 

However, for all the uproar over 56 yds Tyrod put against NO. Peterman puts together an even worse performance today. We keep hearing about how bad Tyrod is but it doesn’t really matter who the QB is back there. This team is soft and lack talent on both sides of the ball. We can’t rush the passer and can’t run the ball effectively. Some of that blame goes to the coaching staff but until those problems are addressed we are not going anywhere regardless of the QB.

I was one who thought our line would not take a big step back this year but i was wrong. The line us pathetic and it makes our qb even worse. Tyrod and nate could have been swapped today and i bet the results would have been the same. Neither is very good right now but joe montana wpuld not win with that team today

On 9/9/2018 at 9:46 PM, #34fan said:

Building a championship team.

Until he turns back into a pumpkin.

That may happen.  Point is if we are going to give credit to one of our old QBs who had an okay game and ended in a tie (and even threw a pick late in the 4th close to winning field goal range) let’s also give credit to our old QB who played great and was the main reason his team beat a very good team.

As a card carrying member of COT who brought the punch and pie......

It was time to move on from Tyrod Taylor.....the team was not going to get where it needed to go with him......

Winning NFL teams pass the ball....yes you need good balance in all facets....but you HAVE to be able to pass the ball or teams will just scheme it and shut down your offense.....

This is where I have high hopes for Josh Allen.....he can stand in that pocket and throw anywhere on the field...he isnt afraid to throw it.....but he also can run out of trouble and get you a first down with his legs......really need that QB that can do everything so t he defense cant take anything away.....we need to DICTATE TO THEM what we are going to do not the other way around.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:11 PM, Talley56 said:

That may happen.  Point is if we are going to give credit to one of our old QBs who had an okay game and ended in a tie (and even threw a pick late in the 4th close to winning field goal range) let’s also give credit to our old QB who played great and was the main reason his team beat a very good team.

FTR, I give Tyrod zero credit as a starting QB... And I absolutely take my hat off to Fitz.   Fitz is a guy who threw a lot of picks as Bills starting QB... High balls, Errant balls, -you name it... Now he's got some big, fast dudes he can't overthrow, with huge catch radii, so they're hard to miss... He knows what he's got, and is smart enough to exploit it.

-Which already makes him better than Jameis Winston.

Edited by #34fan
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm not feeling up to reading through all 5 pages, but to respond to the OP, I don't miss TT at all...

Better to pull of the mediocre band-aid & get through with the growing pains than to tread water & having nothing but perpetual 7 to 9 win seasons to look forward to for years on end.

Tyrod wasn't good. He was a guy who wasn't ever going to win you the game, but he could do just enough that perhaps you wouldn't lose. To say "he won't lose you the game," would be wrong, as his inability to play QB cost us many games we definitely would've won with even Kyle Orton level play.

Just because a 5th rounder with about 6 quarters of game experience, and a rookie who's raw & a clear project QB aren't/haven't played well, doesn't mean Tyrod is suddenly good, or even the better option for the team. 

He was 15 of 40 passing last week for god's sake....and even with throwing 40 freaking passes, the guy STILL couldn't break 200 yards passing! I mean, when opposing teams say the best way to beat Tyrod is make him play the position he's supposed to play, that's not the sign of a good QB! Can he run & make plays on his feet? Sure. Can he keep some plays alive by scrambling around? Sure. But those same elements also contributed to many blown opportunities, sacks and 3 & outs. And when your only hope against most competitive teams is to nurse a slim lead & hope the clock expires before they slip ahead, it's not a good recipe for success.

With Tyrod as our starter, the Bills were something like 3-23 in games where the Bills went down by even 1 single point in the 4th quarter. If the other team pulled ahead at any point, might as well pack the bags because Tyrod sure wasn't going to mount a comeback. If anything, you'd get to see drive after drive of checkdowns on 3rd & long, as the defense gasped for air having to run back on the field moments after they just got off.

Anyway, I rather we take our beatdowns now rather than later. Get it over with, and stop toiling in ineptitude & mediocrity. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/9/2018 at 5:28 PM, Real McCoy said:

3 full season starting is way more than a fair shake.

He’s a serviceable starter...and he’s showed it.  He’s not a great QB and he’s not a franchise guy, but you can do a lot worse.   He’s the perfect guy to keep around until you get better options, just like Fitz was.  Same mistake, different front office.  

He he would have struggled even more than in past seasons in Buffalo this year anyhow with the way the talent on Offense has gone down.  The one thing I think sunshine and unicorn fans don’t realize is that in football, you can’t just build with a demolition job to the roster - the pressure to hit on all of your draft picks and free agent signings is immense and no one is consistently that good in talent evaluation - we’d already have seen that on display if they were, and quite the contrary as far as FAs go, and the draft strategy has been baffling to some degree with the lack of focus on the OL.   OL needs time to develop as individuals and as a unit as well, but is a necessary component to protecting your huge investment in a top 10draft pick at QB.  

How many bad contracts are they going to have to sign to get the best FAs on the market on the OL and WR positions?  Having a lot of money under the cap is best used to keep guys you covet and develop on your team, not guys that other teams don’t think are worth the money they’ll get in FA?  So keep letting the Bills blow sunshine up your caboose, but the train is going off the rails ahead - it’s pretty clear if you’re paying attention.  This is “the process” of destroying a team which will take many, many years to correct and it will become clear to even the most optimistic fans (well there are some that will bill-lieve in “the process” no matter the evidence until its officially over) after next year that they really had a terrible plan.

Look I get why people wanted to move on from Tyrod, but you’ve got to get a better depth chart at QB than they put together.  If they were willing to take a flyer on Corey Coleman for a 7th round pick and 3.5 mill salary, why not Bridgewater for no draft pick and 6 mill?  We’re they concerned about Bridgewater being good enough to create a controversy if they wanted to start their rookie draft pick?  I would hope not, but I would think that Buffalo was a more attractive option for Bridgewater being a playoff team and a better path to starting.  I just don’t think the Bills were interested.  

Edited by Ayjent