I miss Tyrod! There I've said it! Why lie to us McBeane?

Scorp83

5 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Why do Bills fans continue to hate Tyrod? Did you watch the game today?

I actually really like Tyrod, al least as a person.  It has nothing to do with hate.

I just don't want him anywhere near the QB position on my football team.

2 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott would like us to be competitive and win right now.

But they aren't going to sacrifice the LONG-TERM FUTURE of this team, for the sake of competing for a wild card position THIS SEASON.

It just baffles me that so many fans just can't grasp this concept.

Every... Single... Move... made by this front office in the past 2 seasons has been made with the team's long-term future in mind.

Why keep a player around, if they aren't going to fit into the team's long-term plans?  Especially if another team is willing to offer you a draft pick in exchange for that player?  This is the question that can be asked about Sammy Watkins, Ronald Darby, Marcel Dareus, Tyrod Taylor, etc. 

This is just a way of trying to excuse them being bad. You cant as a front office or coaching staff in pro sports continue to give up seasons now to look to the future cause you wont be around long enough to see it through. You can make moves for the future but you have to build off of what you have and improve on the year before. Always looking and making moves for the future is what gets you 17 years between playoff appearances.....

The Browns game was on at the Sports Bar, on the screen right next to the Bills debacle.

Tyrod was typical Tyrod.  He failed to get the a win at the end of regulation, throwing the pick when they were close to a FG.  He played good enough to not blow the game.  His mediocrity coupled with 5 turnovers gave the Brownies a tie. 

He is s far better QB than Peterman, but who isn't.

3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Your missing the point and Tyrod did not "keep them in the game" How can't you win a football game when your D hands your offense SIX  turnovers? 

It's pathetic that it even came to a tie in OT.

Well by that thinking, Peterman didnt lose the game for the Bill's either, he didnt give up 40+ points in the game. Guess he should start next week....

14 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Well by that thinking, Peterman didnt lose the game for the Bill's either, he didnt give up 40+ points in the game. Guess he should start next week....

The Bills failed in every single facet of the game today. The Browns should easily be 1-0 right now but are not due to one reason.

Neither Tyrod or Peterman should be the Bills QB. Our team has so many problems at this stage I cannot even properly evaluate Allen either. The Bills are a hot mess right now and I'm not even sure next years FA and draft can fix it. 

Edited by Real McCoy

10 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

I feel tyrod was never given a fair shake when it was rex coaching the defense sucked for his style of play last year with a better d not great and less offensive weapons than he had rexy squeaked into playoffs 

FAIR SHAKE

TIE RODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

I feel tyrod was never given a fair shake when it was rex coaching the defense sucked for his style of play last year with a better d not great and less offensive weapons than he had rexy squeaked into playoffs 

3 full season starting is way more than a fair shake.

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought our D showed flashes at first.  But by the middle of the 3rd quarter they were just worn down.

Agree it's too soon for Allen.

All of this. Allen looks good in bursts but he's not ready and it's not worth ruining him. 

Also agree that the D had moments, especially in run D before they had their 8th straight 3 minute break. 

The O-line didn't lose that game. The QB talent did the most to lose it. 

20 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

This is just a way of trying to excuse them being bad. You cant as a front office or coaching staff in pro sports continue to give up seasons now to look to the future cause you wont be around long enough to see it through. You can make moves for the future but you have to build off of what you have and improve on the year before. Always looking and making moves for the future is what gets you 17 years between playoff appearances.....

No.  Actually, the Bills have been doing the exact opposite for most of the last 17 years.

This is the first complete rebuild the Bills have done since Tom Donahoe was hired after the Music City Miracle. 

Do you really feel like Buddy Nix (who refused to move away from Ryan Fitzpatrick) or Doug Whaley (trading extra picks to move up for Sammy Watkins) were making moves with the FUTURE in mind?  Nope.

If you break-down the 2017 Bills and the 2018 Bills, these are the major differences you will find:

- They traded their below-average QB Tyrod Taylor for a 3rd Round Pick (robbery) and drafted his replacement in the Top 10

- They let their below-average MLB Preston Brown walk in Free Agency (oh well) and drafted his replacement in the Top 20

- They lost their best O-Line players (Eric Wood and Ritchie Incognito) due to retirement

- They let EJ Gaines walk in Free Agency, mostly because he couldn't stay healthy

They played all of last season (finishing 9-7 and making the playoffs) without Sammy Watkins or Ronald Darby.  They only had Marcel Dareus for 5 games.  They only had Cordy Glenn for 6 games. 

58 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Your right, because they now dumped him to the Browns they have to throw Allen into the starter role 3 quarters into the season. I'm sure that's as long as they hoped to keep him on the bench to learn. Taylor kept them in enough games to make the playoffs last year. Peterman cant even make it through a game as a starter

Lets pay 20 plus million to a qb who can’t win a game with a plus 5 turnover differential? 

Thats a pretty dumb idea no ? 

Edited by Teddy KGB

funny the amount of people bashing TT, when both our QB today put zero points on the board, and the starting QB was benched and sacked 5 times. I guess that's better than 5 picks.

it seems to some that McD is all powerful and can do no wrong. he quite possibly set this team pretty far back.

1 hour ago, October 1918 said:

I get that Peterman knows the offense well, but it is painfully obvious to even the most casual observer that he doesn't have an NFL arm. We're losing games either way... letting Allen learn on the fly at least gives fans a reason to watch.

I still can’t believe people were suckered in by pre season. I seen all I needed to see from peterman last season. 

I would rather and and have always rather that they played the rookie and let him take his lumps and get experience. I wouldn’t care what that looked like as long as I seen some improvement over the season. This team is nowhere near even wildcard contender so who cares?

no online no receivers and the defense sucks now too. 

21 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Lets pay 20 plus million to a qb who can’t win a game with a plus 5 turnover differential? 

Thats a pretty dumb idea no ? 

Bills made the right decision to move on when they received a good offer from Cleveland. 

However, for all the uproar over 56 yds Tyrod put against NO. Peterman puts together an even worse performance today. We keep hearing about how bad Tyrod is but it doesn’t really matter who the QB is back there. This team is soft and lack talent on both sides of the ball. We can’t rush the passer and can’t run the ball effectively. Some of that blame goes to the coaching staff but until those problems are addressed we are not going anywhere regardless of the QB.

Edited by billieve420
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

Really never understood how people thought that.

Tyrod isn’t good and they needed to move on, but this is proof you can get much worse than him

Well said... I use to get mad when watching Tyrod... now seeing this... the grass wasn't greener 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

All of this. Allen looks good in bursts but he's not ready and it's not worth ruining him. 

Also agree that the D had moments, especially in run D before they had their 8th straight 3 minute break. 

The O-line didn't lose that game. The QB talent did the most to lose it. 

It won’t ruin him. That crap is a myth. Either he learns and improves or he was never going to be good anyways. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Define "perform"

Building a championship team.

3 hours ago, Talley56 said:

Fine, then I miss Fitz.  Who looked amazing today going on the road and was a big reason for a victory over a very good team.

Until he turns back into a pumpkin.

Edited by #34fan