Hurricane Flo

Captain_Quint

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Correction: This IS the Weather Channel. Ugh. Reminds me of the time the report was in the boat, and two people walked on the water behind her.

Watch this guy fight the winds as two people stroll behind him.

I came here to post this.  Some of the replies to the tweet are also very funny:

Here's the one you're talking about:

This dog cracks me up:

Edited by bbb

46 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

My brother is in Wilmington and got a tree through his roof.

Wow, that sure sucks! Glad everyone is OK. The most damage we ever got was not from a hurricane but “a little tropical storm” that saturated the ground so thoroughly (after an already wet spell) that 50+ foot pine tress were dropping all over. It was like trying to stand a pencil up in a cup of water, they just kept tipping and one landed on our family room fireplace. Shook the house like a bomb went off and I was worried about our foundation. I should have been worried we’d get screwed by the insurance company, because......

14 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Funny watching people complain that they had to evacuate.  If it was really had and they weren't forced they would complain about not being evacuated.  With humans today you are damned if you do and damned if you dont. 

The media suoerhypes everything for Ratings and their ego.

up here in the winter and early spring they announce horrible freezing rain that will be deadly 25 times each year for the at most 2 days we get it, and we adjust 

what a great job, be totally wrong almost all the time and not a shred of accountability 

16 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Correction: This IS the Weather Channel. Ugh. Reminds me of the time the report was in the boat, and two people walked on the water behind her.

Watch this guy fight the winds as two people stroll behind him.

Haha... I was going to post this.

What's worse is the guy isn't even good at acting. He actually looks like someone trying to fake it.

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

It'll be fine, but according to my brother, it was pretty broken up about it.

And by saying that, I'm really not going out on a, well, you know...

It's good he's not getting all sappy about it.  He sounds well-rooted.

Folks around here are convinced the supermarkets are in cahoots w/ local news & television and radio stations. Oversell the incoming storm, get everybody to buy tons of canned food, bottled water, propane, candles, batteries, **** that just sits on most shelves as inventory. The stores make a killing off approaching hurricanes. 

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

About .3" of rain. Power was out 2 hours overnight. That's not unheard of on a regular occasion anyway. 

You getting any of that flooding?