Gambling 101 Bills line

CommonCents

19 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Browns will have as well correct? 12 days..that's right Jets were the Monday nighter.

I agree points to the Browns ...but damn..+150 on someone to beat the Browns??? Let that sink in for a minute. Plus the DVOA of the Jets D is actually higher right now then the Browns, as is the offense. Now granted, I think the DVOA after two games is really freaking a guess ar best...and I won't use their DAVErankings ar all. And let's not forget we have Tyrod Freaking Taylor running the Browns O...if the D does not set him up with turnovers and short fields...ya got a toss-up game I think and I would rather have Darnold in the clutch over Tyrod.

So.... ... that +150 seems suspicious to me too..almost likes they beggin ya to take the Jets on the Moneyline...

Prolly the worst strategy in the world..but i'm a gunna cook dinner, have a few pops..and then decide!!

Lay the points!! This Browns defense might be elite. Darnold is turnover prone. Tyrod has lit up the Jets at times (not like Miami). Tonight is the night that they crack those beer fridges.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

+ 150 on the Jets tonight has my interest...everything points to a Browns win...but when was the last time you get1.5 odds betting against the Browns, and the public was on the Browns?

Game time decision as they say

Yeah. I'm looking at the same thing. 60/40 Browns isn't a huge public split, but it's a split. For all the reasons you mentioned, the Jets look like the right side.

Last week was like 75/25 Baltimore with the line trending towards Cincy. Now that was a play. 

2 hours ago, driddles said:

My money is on the Browns.  So the right bet is to do the opposite of what I do.  

Re: The question on the odds, I was just surprised to see how much better the odds were for that game on a different site.  Is a wide difference between sites normal the night before a game?

If so I should get registered with a couple of other sites and go with who offers the best odds on that particular game.

Most of my lifetime of gambling is poker and craps.  I'm only beginning to try and understand sports wagering.

+260 vs +340 is pretty crazy.

If the site that offers +260 had the other side at less than -340, you could guarantee money by taking, say -330 on SD and +340 on the Bills.

I know people that make a living hedging, but they're a hell of a lot sharper at finding those spots than I could ever hope to be.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Lay the points!! This Browns defense might be elite. Darnold is turnover prone. Tyrod has lit up the Jets at times (not like Miami). Tonight is the night that they crack those beer fridges.

Kirby...you be hittin the Sazarecs at noon today? you remember a certain Tyrod Tyler last year on another Thursday night where he was heavily favored against the J-E-T-S.. I sure as chit do!!!!

Lets not forge the year before on a Thursday night vs the Jets that he got his O C fired!!!

54 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. I'm looking at the same thing. 60/40 Browns isn't a huge public split, but it's a split. For all the reasons you mentioned, the Jets look like the right side.

Your keyboard..God's ears...just put 1/2 unit on the Jets moneyline...next week may even start betting my normal units...maybe even more than one on a game!!!

Edited by plenzmd1

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Kirby...you be hittin the Sazarecs at noon today? you remember a certain Tyrod Tyler last year on another Thursday night where he was heavily favored against the J-E-T-S.. I sure as chit do!!!!

Lets not forge the year before on a Thursday night vs the Jets that he got his O C fired!!!

Your keyboard..God's ears...just put 1/2 unit on the Jets moneyline...next week may even start betting my normal units...maybe even more than one on a game!!!

Lenz, I am on fire at the moment. I’ve bet 42 games so far this year and hit like 35. I hit 5 team teasers in weeks 1-2. You need to trust me on this one. I’m swinging a hot bat right now. I actually bet it adjusted to Browns -6.5.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Lenz, I am on fire at the moment. I’ve bet 42 games so far this year and hit like 35. I hit 5 team teasers in weeks 1-2. You need to trust me on this one. I’m swinging a hot bat right now. I actually bet it adjusted to Browns -6.5.

Not happy with Tyrod out.

Baker got me scurred

BTW..did I not say there would be value betting Temple? WTF...i did not bet last week on ANY game, college or pro! Why i SUCK!!!!!!

Edited by plenzmd1

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Browns will have as well correct? 12 days..that's right Jets were the Monday nighter.

I agree points to the Browns ...but damn..+150 on someone to beat the Browns??? Let that sink in for a minute. Plus the DVOA of the Jets D is actually higher right now then the Browns, as is the offense. Now granted, I think the DVOA after two games is really freaking a guess ar best...and I won't use their DAVErankings ar all. And let's not forget we have Tyrod Freaking Taylor running the Browns O...if the D does not set him up with turnovers and short fields...ya got a toss-up game I think and I would rather have Darnold in the clutch over Tyrod.

So.... ... that +150 seems suspicious to me too..almost likes they beggin ya to take the Jets on the Moneyline...

Prolly the worst strategy in the world..but i'm a gunna cook dinner, have a few pops..and then decide!!

I was pretty close! Parlayed with under in Temple game. Good way to start the week. 

1 minute ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

I was pretty close! Parlayed with under in Temple game. Good way to start the week. 

Congrats on the win! Tyrod going out was the death of my bet...knew it as soon as it happened!

So i have not bet a full unit yet..but still 0-2 not good!!!

week 4 i prolly srat hitting it hard

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Good night for me.  Bet on Temple to cover and won that one.  Also bet a good amount on Cleveland when they were down 14-0 and obviously won.  Now have parlays open with UCF winning tomorrow and the Bulls covering on Saturday.  If those things happen it's a real nice week for me plus will open up more parlays for Sunday.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I'm definitely betting on UB tomorrow and may be betting them to cover.  I have them to cover in a couple of parlays that had Temple and Cleveland covering last night. 

I am also looking hard at the Florida St./Northern Illinois game.  Florida St is really bad this year.  The offensive line is terrible and Northern Illinois can rush the passer a bit.  Also Deondre Francois is bad at QB.  Florida St is -11 right now and I really think they will have a hard time covering that.

Finally Notre Dame.  They are my 2nd favorite college team behind UB and I have watched most of their games since I was a kid.  They are not as good as their record or rank this year.  In the end they will be in the top 15 or 20, but I can see them losing 3 or 4 before the end of the year.  They are due for a loss and I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped one to Wake Forest this weekend.

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Not happy with Tyrod out.

Baker got me scurred

BTW..did I not say there would be value betting Temple? WTF...i did not bet last week on ANY game, college or pro! Why i SUCK!!!!!!

It's never easy.

I don't regret the Jets play because I followed the numbers. If you do that consistently, you have a chance at success. But you have to live with the L's.

It is funny that I decided to actually play last night and it FEELS like the first loss I've had in awhile. My mental bets always SEEM to win. Just can't get bogged down in the what if's.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

It's never easy.

I don't regret the Jets play because I followed the numbers. If you do that consistently, you have a chance at success. But you have to live with the L's.

It is funny that I decided to actually play last night and it FEELS like the first loss I've had in awhile. My mental bets always SEEM to win. Just can't get bogged down in the what if's.

I typed the bit about Tyrod and Baker as soon as it happened..you could just feel the difference..I liked Tyrod playing in the game..it's what I bet LOL

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I typed the bit about Tyrod and Baker as soon as it happened..you could just feel the difference..I liked Tyrod playing in the game..it's what I bet LOL

You gotta get up on in game wagering! Not sure if it's offered where you "play."

I still thought I was on the right side so I went down with the ship.

12 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

You gotta get up on in game wagering! Not sure if it's offered where you "play."

I still thought I was on the right side so I went down with the ship.

You know, I have never done in game...and would be hard for me to flip sides..but maybe last night..maybe. 

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

You know, I have never done in game...and would be hard for me to flip sides..but maybe last night..maybe. 

If you know football and watch the games, this is where the money can be made.  I made several bets on Cleveland last night when they were down.  I got the Pack at +925 when they were losing to the Bears.  I made a nice haul when the Pats were down 28-3 to the Falcons in the Super Bowl, because I knew Tom Brady would make a game of it before the end. 

You get those long shot odds and hedge when your team comes back and you are free rolling.

If you know your football and are able to tell how the flow of the game is going when you are watching live, I feel is the easiest way to win with sports betting.

On 9/8/2018 at 7:02 PM, Commonsense said:

Bills line is now +8, as I said it would be. Easy money. Bills probably lose by 3-6, they won’t lose my more than 7. I said this in a random thread the other night. I expect the spread to go up another half a point and then get hammered down by sharps and probably end up back at 8 by kickoff.

I hope it’s easy money, I have a lot riding on this game

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I went light today.

UB - Rutgers over 52.5

Nebraska +18

ND -7

OSU -37.5

Alabama -26

I have a 7 teamer tomorrow. Loving it, might bet it again. I included one O/U and it has me a little nervous. 

4 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I hope it’s easy money, I have a lot riding on this game

I don’t think anyone is falling for your foolishness. You didn’t bet jack ****, half the stuff you say about betting makes zero sense. I got an offer I couldn’t refuse...?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 9/8/2018 at 7:02 PM, Commonsense said:

Bills line is now +8, as I said it would be. Easy money. Bills probably lose by 3-6, they won’t lose my more than 7. I said this in a random thread the other night. I expect the spread to go up another half a point and then get hammered down by sharps and probably end up back at 8 by kickoff.

How about 44?

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I went light today.

UB - Rutgers over 52.5

Nebraska +18

ND -7

OSU -37.5

Alabama -26

2-1 so far, OSU is looking good for 3-1, Bama maybe...Texas Tech is hanging in there pretty good.

I'd always be scared on these huge point spread games that backups would be playing most of the second half in a lot of these games and they could screw things up.

Edited by matter2003