Gambling 101 Bills line

CommonCents

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I already did!!

last week i should have been retired on college ball! I am an FCS fan..can usually spot wrong lines pretty quick that first week of the year...but the books got smart and dont offer moneylines anymore on FCS-FBS matchups.

Here is my post from last Saturday morning...everyone an easy winner. My "play o the day" Nova was a 15 point dog, won easy..money line would have been close to 400...oh well

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

The money line is strictly a bet on who will win the game, no points involved

In the Bills game, the Bills are getting 8 points. So if you bet $100, and the Bills win the game or lose by 7 points or less, you win 100. So if the Bills lose by 4, you still win the bet. If they win the game outright, you still win just the amount the bet..or $100.

Now lets say you the Bills win the game, and you bet the money line..you win $270

But if the Bills lose by that same 4 as above..you lose the $100.The Bills have to win the game.

Also, if you wanted to bet the Ravens to win as the favorite and not lay the points you would have to wager$340 to win $100.

Hope that helps

when you think this way..especially at +270..you have to get something down on the money line

Thanks P  I seriously never understood that term “money line” (Schopp says it all the time on GR). What is the over/under on Bills game total points?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Why would taking another Bills fans money be anymore satisfying than taking it from Bovada? Do you want to bet user name rights? That seems childish but I’m not above it. 

Good luck. It doesn’t take a metric to see that Vegas isn’t scared of the Ravens blowing out the Bills. The line has consistently moved in the Ravens favor since it was created, yet the money is still flowing in. 

I have bet way too much money in my life but scenarios like this are good gambles. Play on the side of Vegas not on Joe Public. They are blinded by the name Nate P. 

I’ve bet for a long time and you are 100% correct.

Vegas was built off losers (squares/public) not winners(sharps).

I can see the Bills achieving a back door cover with 5 seconds left.

many years of being down two scores and Buffalo taking its sweet time wasting precious seconds each play in the last two minutes 

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, McBean said:

I’ve bet for a long time and you are 100% correct.

Vegas was built off losers (squares/public) not winners(sharps).

Very few Sharps enjoy long term, consistent success either.  contrary to public perception. 

If they did, Itvwould be become my vocation instead of my advocation LOL

I hit a nice score yesterday with the UB money line and A & M +9.5 so I am taking a shot today.

I teased the Ravens to -1.5. I also used the Rams, Bengals (money line), Vikings, Panthers, Saints, Browns (money line) and the under in Skins vs. Cardinals (not all in the same bet obviously). 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I hit a nice score yesterday with the UB money line and A & M +9.5 so I am taking a shot today.

I teased the Ravens to -1.5. I also used the Rams, Bengals (money line), Vikings, Panthers, Saints, Browns (money line) and the under in Skins vs. Cardinals (not all in the same bet obviously). 

Kirby, not  to be a jerk( but its what I am good at) why did you take the Bengals money line? I play teasers very rarely so this may not make sense...but hear me out

I lay pretty low first couple of weeks, especially last 4 years or so. The one game that caught my attention early n the week was the Bengals..thought it would be the play of the day. However, so did the rest of America so i am not playing it now. the thing that caught my eye, however, was the money line..was 110 at Bovada. At that low number, I would just take the points...the extra 10% not worth giving up what is now 2 1/2. 

I know too late now, but did you run payoff with just the Bengals covering? Would be interesting to see how it affected that bet...all this assuming i read your post correctly

(edit) and please for the love of all that is holy do not tell me there was juice and a decent moneyline on UB yesterday. Freaking Temple lost to Nova the week before...and truly got outclassed and was overmatched. I am going to look now..but you are on my all time chit list if you did not post in the college gambling thread this play...as I mentioned in there, I had no time to look at college game this week and asked for a moneyline winner...you are DEAD to me?

(edit2) oh my freaking stars..the Bulls opened at +6.5?????? my retirement staring me in the face and I missed it!  Holy hell, how did that line get posted???? UB has 3 NFL caliber players..Temple was whooped by team not even ranked in the Top 10 of FCS...I HATE YOU KIRBY!!!!!!!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Kirby, not  to be a jerk( but its what I am good at) why did you take the Bengals money line? I play teasers very rarely so this may not make sense...but hear me out

I lay pretty low first couple of weeks, especially last 4 years or so. The one game that caught my attention early n the week was the Bengals..thought it would be the play of the day. However, so did the rest of America so i am not playing it now. the thing that caught my eye, however, was the money line..was 110 at Bovada. At that low number, I would just take the points...the extra 10% not worth giving up what is now 2 1/2. 

I know too late now, but did you run payoff with just the Bengals covering? Would be interesting to see how it affected that bet...all this assuming i read your post correctly

(edit) and please for the love of all that is holy do not tell me there was juice and a decent moneyline on UB yesterday. Freaking Temple lost to Nova the week before...and truly got outclassed and was overmatched. I am going to look now..but you are on my all time chit list if you did not post in the college gambling thread this play...as I mentioned in there, I had no time to look at college game this week and asked for a moneyline winner...you are DEAD to me?

Ha ha, I got UB at +165.

In terms of the Bengals, I honestly just think that they are the better team. I expect them to win. I took the extra 10% instead of the 2.5 points for that reason. I think that the Bengals win by more than a score. 

7 minutes ago, Roch-A-Bill said:

OK, so extreme newbie question: where can a NY resident place a bet on-line. Went to Boveda - mentioned above, won't let me register.

hmm, that interesting..

Initial answer is "hopefully soon at the OTB and on your phone"

try betonline..think i heard Shopp mention the other day that is who he uses

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, I got UB at +165.

In terms of the Bengals, I honestly just think that they are the better team. I expect them to win. I took the extra 10% instead of the 2.5 points for that reason. I think that the Bengals win by more than a score. 

why, why do you persist in ruining my day!!!! 

What really pisses me off is I could not get a moneyline on the Temple Nova game. Nova was +15...that would be at least 400...and I am telling you I would have put the same amount on it as i did taking the points...

BTW, did you watch the game? Temple will now be perceived to be the worst team in FBS..and may be some opportunity to jump on them if underbet..did UB dominate or was it close and just a few plays decided the outcome

? UB was certainly undervalued going into this game..and beating Temple won't do much for them either in the betting public eyes. 

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

hmm, that interesting..

Ha ha, I had a draft open yesterday to respond in the gambling thread. I must not have sent it. I was going to give a money line winner (UB +165) and a longshot that lost (Bowling Green + a lot). I was also going to give Danny Garcia by KO (+350). I searched and didn’t see it posted. You might be better off :).

15 minutes ago, Roch-A-Bill said:

OK, so extreme newbie question: where can a NY resident place a bet on-line. Went to Boveda - mentioned above, won't let me register.

I just used a fake address in a state where it allowed it. I withdraw to bitcoin. 

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

hmm, that interesting..

why, why do you persist in ruining my day!!!! 

What really pisses me off is I could not get a moneyline on the Temple Nova game. Nova was +15...that would be at least 400...and I am telling you I would have put the same amount on it as i did taking the points...

BTW, did you watch the game? Temple will now be perceived to be the worst team in FBS..and may be some opportunity to jump on them if underbet..did UB dominate or was it close and just a few plays decided the outcome

? UB was certainly undervalued going into this game..and beating Temple won't do much for them either in the betting public eyes. 

I didn’t see the game (just highlights). UB has a lot of talent. Their o/u win total for the year was 6!! That was an absolute gift. They were +1000 to win the MAC early (I got them at +750). That’s just a team that I’m going to use for a little while until people notice. They play Eastern Michigan (who won at Purdue yesterday) at home next week. They go to Rutgers the week after. The line isn’t out yet but I’m riding them.

• Sad 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
57 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, I got UB at +165.

I did as well.  I threw $61 on it to win a $100.  

49 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, I had a draft open yesterday to respond in the gambling thread. I must not have sent it. I was going to give a money line winner (UB +165) and a longshot that lost (Bowling Green + a lot). I was also going to give Danny Garcia by KO (+350). I searched and didn’t see it posted. You might be better off :).

I just used a fake address in a state where it allowed it. I withdraw to bitcoin. 

I didn’t see the game (just highlights). UB has a lot of talent. Their o/u win total for the year was 6!! That was an absolute gift. They were +1000 to win the MAC early (I got them at +750). That’s just a team that I’m going to use for a little while until people notice. They play Eastern Michigan (who won at Purdue yesterday) at home next week. They go to Rutgers the week after. The line isn’t out yet but I’m riding them.

I watched the entire game and this is what I came away with. 

-This is probably the best offensive line the Bulls have ever had.

-Kevin Marks is a hell of a young back and runs stronger then he looks.

-Kalil Hodge is no Kalil Mack, but he stands out out on the defense and I wonder what his pro potential will be.

-Anthony Johnson is the real deal.  The TD he scored to put the Bulls ahead in the last minute of the 4th quarter was simply spectacular.  He looked like Anquan Boldin on that play.  He is a complete receiver that is going to make a difference on Sundays.  I'm not sure where he will go in the draft but Chris Trapasso has him as the 16th overall prospect.  I would love to see him in a Bills uniform.

-On the hail mary at the end of the first half, I said to myself pre-snap that the defensive backs were lined up too close to the receivers and it made me worry.  Sure enough as Temple brought in the hail mary pass, the one defender had his back to the ball.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

13 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Great news... .

Could be a low scoring game so I’ll take +8.. 

Please, PLEASE tell me what you’ve seen from our Defense that suggests low scoring.

Interior DLine smothering the run?

....                    getting QB pressure?

Trent Murphy? Anyone?. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

PASS RUSH -from anywhere??

Rookie MLB playing like a Rookie MLB?

Strong RCB play?

Anything other than invisible OLB play?

I certainly WANT to see a strong showing from the Defense! But I haven’t seen anything to suggest it could happen. Our Best Hope is poor play by Flacco, but then their rookie QB will come in and shred us.. If there IS hidden talent here, it’s the best disguise in team history.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Please, PLEASE tell me what you’ve seen from our Defense that suggests low scoring.

Interior DLine smothering the run?

....                    getting QB pressure?

Trent Murphy? Anyone?. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

PASS RUSH -from anywhere??

Rookie MLB playing like a Rookie MLB?

Strong RCB play?

Anything other than invisible OLB play?

I certainly WANT to see a strong showing from the Defense! But I haven’t seen anything to suggest it could happen. Our Best Hope is poor play by Flacco, but then their rookie QB will come in and shred us.. If there IS hidden talent here, it’s the best disguise in team history.

Tell md where you see talent on the ravens offense? 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Tell md where you see talent on the ravens offense? 

Alex Collins I think may break out his year.  He was a top recruit coming into college and is still very young.  He is the one who had the incredible cut back run for a TD against the Bengals in the season finale that almost cost us the playoffs.

They have a pretty good offensive line.

I would say their top 2 wide receivers Crabtree and Brown, would challenge for #'1 here.  Snead would probably be our #2/slot guy.  

I'm not a doom and gloom guy.  I just happen to think the Ravens may be good this year.