BOLD Prediction...Shady and a draft pick for Bell

Hebert19

Beane is always on the move.  Shady could help Pitt short term and see little drop off from Bell.   We have money to extend Bell next year...

I just can't see bell playing in Pittsburgh again now that hes not reporting and team has turned.  He will end up somewhere....and we have something they may desire.  

39 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Just my opinion, but I wouldn’t pay ANY running back what he will get.  Especially since his new deal will be almost entirely guaranteed.  I’d rather spread the money around elsewhere.

I'm with you. I hate guaranteed deals, they never work out. Once you take away the incentive to play hard, these guys lose their edge. 

• Like (+1) 2

I would much rather have Shady then Bell. Bell seem like the kind of guy that is going to decline after a big deal.

1 minute ago, BillsRdue said:

I'm with you. I hate guaranteed deals, they never work out. Once you take away the incentive to play hard, these guys lose their edge. 

Exactly give me someone young and hungry. Murphy showed some potential to be a starter as well.

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Why would the Bills give up a high draft pick for a running back with heavy miles like LeVeon? 

56 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Or just use the draft pick next year on a new, young,cheap RB.,

54 minutes ago, KCNC said:

Bell does not impress me as a "Process" guy

^ There's three reasons that it won't happen. The fourth is that Bell isn't really an upgrade over Shady - or at least not a significant one. Also, Shady knows the Bills' offense, Bell doesn't.

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

and we have something they may desire.  

That gives the Bills the upper hand, since the trade really wouldn't do us much good. PIT would have to send us a draft pick along with the player swap.

It still won't happen, though.

Any team dumb enough to pay Bell what he's looking for deserves a drought longer than the Bills'.

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Just my opinion, but I wouldn’t pay ANY running back what he will get.  Especially since his new deal will be almost entirely guaranteed.  I’d rather spread the money around elsewhere.

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think you can get really good production from someone at 1/16th the cost. Not the same, but very good. 

Exactly.  Spend the money on the O Line.  Nine times out of 10, that's what makes RBs great, anyway.

• Like (+1) 3

This isn't the 90's NFL.  It would be a colossally stupid/Bills move to do this.  Similarly to when they gave McCoy a contract extension for more $$$ when it wasn't needed.  over the past 5-8 years, good teams don't have their RBs making 8+ million.  You pay the other skill position players first and the men in the trenches.