Tyrod Taylor: "I Wasn't Told the Truth About My Benching in Buffalo" - 2016 Finale vs. NYJ

26CornerBlitz

15 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

How is that even worse?

The entire world knew that he wasn't keeping his current deal, and they were either trading, releasing, or reworking his contract.

If he didn't, then he was in complete denial.

I agree with you but there were plenty of people around here in exactly that denial at the time. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

I believe that Tyrod is better than Peterman and better than he played in Dennison's offense last year. I also believe that Allen will be better than Tyrod will ever be in any offense. I am happy we got Allen, but I would not have minded having Tyrod here this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, brianb386 said:

I believe that Tyrod is better than Peterman and better than he played in Dennison's offense last year. I also believe that Allen will be better than Tyrod will ever be in any offense. I am happy we got Allen, but I would not have minded having Tyrod here this season. 

He was going to cost something like $14 mil against the cap if we kept him.

Bye Felicia.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Okay...  I will bite.  What proof do you have of this?

5 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Really?  Because I’ve only heard positive things from players.  Who do you mean?

5 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Yep I guess Dunkirk Don shared inside info

Kirby has sources.  He and I share info.  More him than me currently; lost touch with some of the folks I knew as they aren't on the in anymore.

Nonetheless, Rico benched Taylor. Rico put his ass on the line and that's why he is fired.  Peterman is a better QB than he played last year but he could be coached I that system. Taylor was livid, even at halftime reaching out to share displeasure.

Taylor was done with this team last year and had a bitter taste in his mouth from the **** he has been involved with from Rex Ryan/Anthony Lynn to last year's almost had it moments.

Don't believe me, too bad.  Proof is not available.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Kirby has sources.  He and I share info.  More him than me currently; lost touch with some of the folks I knew as they aren't on the in anymore.

Nonetheless, Rico benched Taylor. Rico put his ass on the line and that's why he is fired.  Peterman is a better QB than he played last year but he could be coached I that system. Taylor was livid, even at halftime reaching out to share displeasure.

Taylor was done with this team last year and had a bitter taste in his mouth from the **** he has been involved with from Rex Ryan/Anthony Lynn to last year's almost had it moments.

Don't believe me, too bad.  Proof is not available.

McDermott benched Taylor. I totally believe that Rico was the driving force behind the decision. I was talking about Rico and his "scheme arrogance" as far back as last summer when most of the board were seeing rainbows and pots of gold because his offense involves bootlegs and play action. So I never thought he was a fit with Tyrod and I totally buy that he would have gone to McDermott and made the case that Peteman was ready to run the offense more effectively. But ultimately the decision to bench your starting QB is a Head Coach call - no way McDermott said "well I disagree but if you say so...".

It was a mistake. My worry is that he may be repeating it. 

53 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

McDermott benched Taylor. I totally believe that Rico was the driving force behind the decision. I was talking about Rico and his "scheme arrogance" as far back as last summer when most of the board were seeing rainbows and pots of gold because his offense involves bootlegs and play action. So I never thought he was a fit with Tyrod and I totally buy that he would have gone to McDermott and made the case that Peteman was ready to run the offense more effectively. But ultimately the decision to bench your starting QB is a Head Coach call - no way McDermott said "well I disagree but if you say so...".

It was a mistake. My worry is that he may be repeating it. 

The way I've been told by 3 people who were in the know - McDermott signed off on it because Rico said it would be better for the team. McDermott trusted his coordinator who was adamant. It's why Rico will be given a short leash anywhere he goes and ultimately might be a big black eye on McDermott in his first chance at HC

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I reckon most of us could make pretty educated guesses. There is one that I have heard too doesn't get on with McDermott and doesn't get on with Frazier. Not sure it needs a brain surgeon to work out who and I am guessing he is on your list Kirbs. 

Darby. That one is obvious. Sammy and Marcell are pretty safe bets too.

He’s on the list

3 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Not sure how recent your info is. Have you heard anything about what the players think of Allen?

I don’t have anything on that. It seems that he’s a good teammate but I haven’t heard anything one way or another.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s on the list

I don’t have anything on that. It seems that he’s a good teammate but I haven’t heard anything one way or another.

Closest I heard is next to nothing. He's just a young rookie who hasn't pulled away from the pack is what I surmised.  He was evidently somewhat bonding with mccarron but I don't know why

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Fair.  I don't choose to believe the extent you are making it sound like. I am sure there are people that hate him (like those Tyrod lovers when he was benched) and hopefully they get weeded out.  IF he was a tyrant (like you are implying) there is NO way (in my opinion)  that Kyle Williams would stick his neck out for him.

BTW,  you can choose to believe me or not I don't care.... but I have a close contact in the Bills' organization and he is more than professional to not air dirty laundry (or any information of note for that matter) out.  It keeps our relationship healthy when we don't talk about work.

PS I have been here a while - don't let my new account join date fool ya. Go Bills!

I’m not implying anything. I’m saying some guys don’t like him, some do. One thing to clarify is that it has nothing to do with Tyrod. McDermott never wanted to bench him. Rico thought it was best and McDermott empowered him to do that. He actually apologized to the team after. He owned it publicly as well. That earned a lot of respect for McDermott. He had told some people some things and then acted differently. That was where the issues came from.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, vorpma said:

I don't have a clue what the basis for this post is, but keep shaking your poms poms for TT!

Just that, as bad as it was, it’s about to go back to Trent Edwards, maybe worse. 

Let’s  watch tomorrow and then  circle back.

maybe I’m missing something 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Just that, as bad as it was, it’s about to go back to Trent Edwards, maybe worse. 

Let’s  watch tomorrow and then  circle back.

maybe I’m missing something 

i don't know if i would call it trent edwards-esque. maybe more fitz-like. edwards was just a neverending series of dump offs to the running backs and tight ends at or behind the line of scrimmage. fitz was a quick passing qb that had a lot more determination than ability. say what you want about fitz, the guy did not turtle and did not throw walk out of bounds on 4th and the season five yards short of the sticks.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not implying anything. I’m saying some guys don’t like him, some do. One thing to clarify is that it has nothing to do with Tyrod. McDermott never wanted to bench him. Rico thought it was best and McDermott empowered him to do that. He actually apologized to the team after. He owned it publicly as well. That earned a lot of respect for McDermott. He had told some people some things and then acted differently. That was where the issues came from.

Fair enough.... I guess sometimes forums/postsdo not convey the information intended.