Tyrod Taylor: "I Wasn't Told the Truth About My Benching in Buffalo" - 2016 Finale vs. NYJ

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Cmon Tyrod quit talking trash. The bottom line is Tyrod three for 56 yards against the Saints in an emabarassibg QB display seen in years. That’s why he got bench. Bottom line. 

Um, he's not talking about that benching. Try reading what you're commenting on first. I know that doesn't seem to be the popular thing to do these days, but it actually works!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, a lot of players have had issues with him. He hasn’t been honest with all of them. I know of a couple that don’t trust him at all.

Tyrod’s benching last year was Rico. McDermott actually apologized to the team about it.

It was Rico's idea. It was still McDermott's call. 

27 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Thank you; I have come to find out many who post on this board have bat phones connecting them with irrefutable sources!

He has a bat phone!

There is also the Bat signal. Though seldom used. Commissioner Gordon and Chief O'Hara have reigned that in a bit over the decades.

Bat rope , and Bat boomerang are still in play.

That's all i can tell you for now

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

It was Rico's idea. It was still McDermott's call. 

thats quite reasonable to accept. I have already of course. Part of McDermott's learning curve

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If I'm Hue Jackson, Imma call TuhROD into my office and say "Son, you got to Move On.  I Get It, you had some stuff go down in your last gig with your last team.  That was Then, This is Now.  You're here right now.  Be here.  I don't GAF what questions you're asked about Buffalo and your time in Buffalo, your answer is 'right now, I'm focused on being the best QB I can for the Cleveland Browns, and I'll take questions on that topic."

Best post in the thread. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Bitter little !@#$, isn't he?

Certainly seems that way and I am done with him.  I supported Tyrod when he was here, and always thought he had more class than he has displayed since he left.  Now, f... him.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Taylor was nothing special at Virginia Tech.  He was a low draft pick and wouldn't have been that if not for his legs.  He was a mediocre quarterback for the Bills.  Eventually you sit when you hold the ball too long, lock on onea receiver, and are not anything special as a passer. 

And never showed any leadership qualities 

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Really?  Because it's actually not too uncommon for a team to bench their starter when the game is meaningless (for better or worse).

Seems to me it happens all the time

Matt Flynn in GB a few years back comes to mind as a famous one (when he threw 7 tds)

2017:

-Goff vs 49ers

-Alex Smith vs Broncos

-Big Ben vs Browns

The reason you don't see it "all the time" is that week 17 is actually a meaningful game for many teams.

Even the top teams are typically fighting for home field/seeding in the last week of the season.

There was also a reason for Tyrod to be benched, as was said in other posts, that he was fully guaranteed for 2017 season if he was injured, and since the Bills weren't sure if they were keeping him yet, they decided to protect themselves and bench him in a meaningless game.

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's even in the thread title as a slight hint. :)

yeah, I reread gunner's post though, HE was referring to 2017, in response to another post.

I deleted my response because of that, but you caught it too fast haha.

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Whaley being dishonest with players again? Shocking..

To be fair, Whales was higher than a helium balloon 95% or the time... he couldn’t remember what he had for breakfast let alone what he told Tired. 

Edited by BringBackFergy

58 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Kirby is talking about Whaley.  And yeah, as far as player opinion... see Fred Jackson roast, Ryan Fitzpatrick edition 14:48

If he meant Tyrod, agree, have heard only positive things

OMG, I have never seen this before, but Fitz is BRILLIANT!!  Whaley is a spineless kitty.  AWESOME!!

• Like (+1) 2