Tyrod Taylor: "I Wasn't Told the Truth About My Benching in Buffalo" - 2016 Finale vs. NYJ

26CornerBlitz

This is sad.  Offseason chat, maybe, but the regular season is here.  Tyrod needs to be focusing on it, not grousing about things that happened in Buffalo.  Tyrod is a Cleveland Brown now, he owes it to his current team to be giving them his undivided attention at this point.

I love Tyrod as a person.  Seems like a real good guy, but he did frustrate me as a QB.  I think the last straw was in jacksonville.  The D put the team on striking distance to win and he couldn’t score more than 10 points.  That’s when I knew Tyrod and Dennison were done.

it really makes me wonder what happens if Dennison was never hired.  What if it were McCoy or Childress who took the job?  Do they design an offense around Tyrod?  Because with Dennison the only good bing you could about Tyrod was “well at least he doesn’t throw INTs”. Interesting to think about.  

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, a lot of players have had issues with him. He hasn’t been honest with all of them. I know of a couple that don’t trust him at all.

Tyrod’s benching last year was Rico. McDermott actually apologized to the team about it.

You're talking about McDermott?

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If I'm Hue Jackson, Imma call TuhROD into my office and say "Son, you got to Move On.  I Get It, you had some stuff go down in your last gig with your last team.  That was Then, This is Now.  You're here right now.  Be here.  I don't GAF what questions you're asked about Buffalo and your time in Buffalo, your answer is 'right now, I'm focused on being the best QB I can for the Cleveland Browns, and I'll take questions on that topic."

Agree 110% Hapless....110%

• Like (+1) 2

Taylor was nothing special at Virginia Tech.  He was a low draft pick and wouldn't have been that if not for his legs.  He was a mediocre quarterback for the Bills.  Eventually you sit when you hold the ball too long, lock on one receiver, and are not anything special as a passer. 

1 hour ago, The Jerk said:

Troof. I'm surprised this wasn't the immediate response. 

/end thread 

This was absolutely a business decision. cold but true. I recall it very well.

and i have no animosity towards Taylor. take his answers in context.
no where did i see him blaming or throwing shade at anyone

1 hour ago, billieve420 said:

The video was referring to his benching during 2016 season so pro football talk is trying make something out of nothing.

thank you for the context. seems some here are knee jerking....

Sorry if already mentioned, but Tyrod was benched the last game of 16 because of an injury clause in his contract. If he was hurt in the game, he was owed his full 17 salary and the bills did t know what they were gonna do with him at that point. Tyrod knew this, cmon

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

It was the right business choice, and a good personnel choice if handled well with Tyrod. Not an easy one to handle but literally the only downside to the move would be TT getting hurt feelings 

agreed all around

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Sorry if already mentioned, but Tyrod was benched the last game of 16 because of an injury clause in his contract. If he was hurt in the game, he was owed his full 17 salary and the bills did t know what they were gonna do with him at that point. Tyrod knew this, cmon

yep.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aceman_16 said:

Okay...  I will bite.  What proof do you have of this?

Thank you; I have come to find out many who post on this board have bat phones connecting them with irrefutable sources!

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

Really?  Because I’ve only heard positive things from players.  Who do you mean?

He has a bat phone!

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I can't think of any other team benching their starting QB in week 17 after being eliminated from the playoffs. They did it to get a look at Manuel and Jones.

Really?  Because it's actually not too uncommon for a team to bench their starter when the game is meaningless (for better or worse).

Seems to me it happens all the time

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I never heard it confirmed it was Rico. Interesting. 

Tyrod will end up with another winning season With his conservative play and a few huge plays per game. 

Some biils fans will continue to spew hate, some may come to belive or already do that he is better than what we have starting now... and Cleveland fans clamoring for mayfield now, will get it at some point and be super disappointed..  

I don't have a clue what the basis for this post is, but keep shaking your poms poms for TT!