Tyrod Taylor: "I Wasn't Told the Truth About My Benching in Buffalo" - 2016 Finale vs. NYJ

26CornerBlitz

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Tyrod Taylor: "I Wasn't Told the Truth About My Benching in Buffalo" - 2016 Finale vs. NYJ
8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I'm pretty sure everyone and their mother knew they were going to renegotiate him in 2017 and didn't want to be on the hook for $30.75M if he was to get hurt in a meaningless week 17 game. It was a simple business decision.

I can't think of any other team benching their starting QB in week 17 after being eliminated from the playoffs. They did it to get a look at Manuel and Jones.

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I'm pretty sure everyone and their mother knew they were going to renegotiate him in 2017 and didn't want to be on the hook for $30.75M if he was to get hurt in a meaningless week 17 game. It was a simple business decision.

Troof. I'm surprised this wasn't the immediate response. 

/end thread 

Edited by The Jerk
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, wppete said:Cmon Tyrod quit talking trash. The bottom line is Tyrod three for 56 yards against the Saints in an emabarassibg QB display seen in years. That’s why he got bench. Bottom line. 

The video was referring to his benching during 2016 season so pro football talk is trying make something out of nothing.

Edited by billieve420
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I can't think of any other team benching their starting QB in week 17 after being eliminated from the playoffs. They did it to get a look at Manuel and Jones.

They did it because if he was injured he was guaranteed the $$ for the following season and they didn't know if they wanted to keep him yet or not.

It's pretty simple.

They knew manuel and jones sucked.

5 minutes ago, wppete said:

Cmon Tyrod quit talking trash. The bottom line is Tyrod three for 56 yards against the Saints in an emabarassibg QB display seen in years. That’s why he got bench. Bottom line. 

That Jets game on Thursday night was soooo bad as well. I remember him trying to run on like every passing down, and him getting sacked each time. He had his good moments, but could also be frustratingly bad. 

His offence put up 3 points in the playoff game? Next please. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

So what we're saying here is, there may have at least two reasons that Tuhrod was benched for that game, and the GM and coach may have given him two of those reasons?

Scandalous! 

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I am almost positive that isn't the case. Again, it's pretty common knowledge they were going to renegotiate with Taylor in the offseason and didn't want an injury to put them on the hook for $31M. The Whaley/Manuel thing did not apply in week 17.

Edited by GoBills808
forgot a word
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I am almost positive that isn't the case. Again, it's pretty common knowledge they were going to renegotiate with Taylor in the offseason and didn't want an injury to put them on the hook for $31M. The Whaley/Manuel thing did not apply in week 17.

Yet Rex refused to do it. It wasn't a business decision. They wanted to see what Manuel and Jones could do and he refused to coach a team guaranteed to lose. Good riddance to Rex but I respected him for that. Luckily that was the last decision Whaley ever made for this team.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yet Rex refused to do it. It wasn't a business decision. They wanted to see what Manuel and Jones could do and he refused to coach a team guaranteed to lose. Good riddance to Rex but I respected him for that. Luckily that was the last decision Whaley ever made for this team.

Again, no. Ryan was doing his whole 'sticking up for his guy' thing that he's famous for, and the FO had other plans. It's not some Whaley/Manuel/Jones conspiracy, although I do remember that being the line du jour among the Taylor truthers at the time. But I never figured you for one of them...Whaley had his ups and downs but I think we should both be able to agree he knew what was best for the Bills WAY more than Ryan did.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Oh Boy!

If I'm Hue Jackson, Imma call TuhROD into my office and say "Son, you got to Move On.  I Get It, you had some stuff go down in your last gig with your last team.  That was Then, This is Now.  You're here right now.  Be here.  I don't GAF what questions you're asked about Buffalo and your time in Buffalo, your answer is 'right now, I'm focused on being the best QB I can for the Cleveland Browns, and I'll take questions on that topic."

• Like (+1) 5

B word, please!  You're an NFL QB who threw for 56 yards in a game.  FIFTY-SIX!!  You deserved to be benched just for that.  Last year, you kept your mouth shut and balled.  Respect.  But this whining?  No respect.  Since you don't even deign to tell us what was said, you have no credibility.  

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, a lot of players have had issues with him. He hasn’t been honest with all of them. I know of a couple that don’t trust him at all.

Tyrod’s benching last year was Rico. McDermott actually apologized to the team about it.

Really?  Because I’ve only heard positive things from players.  Who do you mean?

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It was the right business choice, and a good personnel choice if handled well with Tyrod. Not an easy one to handle but literally the only downside to the move would be TT getting hurt feelings