Bills eve 2018

On the eve of every Bills season I like to write something up to rally my brethren and illustrate what it is to be a Bills fan.  It is with a heavy heart I do so this year as we lost one of our own this past summer, Jeff Ossont... Foot.  Foot exemplified what it is to be a Bills fan on every level.  We are a loyal breed that is always happy to see another, stranger or friend, quick to exchange our greeting "Go Bills" wherever we might be in the world.  We wear a logo that most associate with futility and we wear it proudly and we wear it with honor.  And well....we like to drink.  Nothing beats a Sunday putting down the beers as we cheer our boys on.  Foot and I attended numerous Bills games together over the years. We rejoiced late season wins against the Jets or Fish at the Tavern in lost seasons because a Bills win just makes the week better, even if we are 4-7.  Being a Bills fan is a unique thing.  We love a team unconditionally that rarely pays us anything back, and we wouldn't for a second think of changing our colors.  Our fraternity lost a special person who understood this fully and never once wavered over the years.  On this eve of a new season I say for I say for myself, for my fellow Bills fans, and most importantly for you Foot.  "Go Bills"

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I'll pour one out for him tomorrow. At 7AM no less.

Go Bills

So, you’re waiting until your fourth to honor Foot? 

RIP Foot!

There could be a thread like this every year for those we have lost. My son Michael lived to see us make the playoffs, but came up just short of seeing the game, at least from this world. Foot and Michael are making DirecTV arrangements for tomorrow in Heaven. Bills fans get a little special treatment there.    ?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Augie said:

So, you’re waiting until your fourth to honor Foot? 

RIP Foot!

There could be a thread like this every year for those we have lost. My son Michael lived to see us make the playoffs, but came up just short of seeing the game, at least from this world. Foot and Michael are making DirecTV arrangements for tomorrow in Heaven. Bills fans get a little special treatment there.    ?

So terribly sorry to learn of Micheal.

For all their fans, living and past, Go Bills!