Steve Tasker- Thank You....

jethro_tull

42 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I listened to the podcast and thought he made good points. 

Tasker is generally a pretty good voice, and I think it's great he represents the city and team the way he does. He elevated the value of the special teams position, was willing to play anywhere at any time, and a lot of cities would be happy to call him one of theirs.

On the other hand t hat  means some Bills fans must piss on him every time his name comes up because it's more important to them to be contrary for the sake of standing out than attempt to find the line between critical and respectful.

Edited by LABillzFan

22 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Attack? You posted about another show that you somehow concluded I'm a fan of with nothing to back it up.  You married to Tasker or something? :lol:

You sound like a fan of that show!

Married to Tasker?Wine head! I'm a Conservative!   

Edited by Buffaloflash

If Tasker is a Peterman guy I know I am right because he is always wrong. 

Love Tasker the guy, love Tasker the player, love Tasker the Bills/Buffalo ambassador. He's a terrible analyst and announcer. Just brutal. The kind of guy that just before the replay says, "Watch player W do X!" and you will then see player Y do Z. 

Edited by Kelly the Dog
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Tasker is generally a pretty good voice, and I think it's great he represents the city and team the way he does. He elevated the value of the special teams position, was willing to play anywhere at any time, and a lot of cities would be happy to call him one of theirs.

On the other hand t hat  means some Bills fans must piss on him every time his name comes up because it's more important to them to be contrary for the sake of standing out than attempt to find the line between critical and respectful.

Oh, I know. It’s like the sun coming up.

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

I do both. I congratulate, commend and thank him for all his did on the field and for the team, city and community. And also criticize him because he's a terrible announcer. Really bad. And I would love to love him if he was any good. 

1 hour ago, jethro_tull said:

but i like his negativity!  it's like being drawn to the sun.....

IMO I think Schopp is less negative and more pompous. I believe he tends to be on the spectrum with his view points and how he views others' "less than optimal" ones.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I do both. I congratulate, commend and thank him for all his did on the field and for the team, city and community. And also criticize him because he's a terrible announcer. Really bad. And I would love to love him if he was any good. 

Excellent Buffalo Bill and by all accounts a great guy.  Has nothing to do with how bad he is on CBS and OBL.  

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he’s a Peterman guy. But I didn’t hear the show. What did he say? He’s on the broadcast team for the game, I believe.

I think his son worked out with Peterman in the offseason.  Hopefully, he’s right but I feel his opinion is more than he likes Nate as a person. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think his son worked out with Peterman in the offseason.  Hopefully, he’s right but I feel his opinion is more than he likes Nate as a person. 

Peterman is easy to like as a person, but it shouldn't cloud anyone's judgment about his abilities as a QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

For clarity, I would never question your even-handed views on the team. You remain one of the most credible dudes on the board.

16 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How about he's just plain awful. He cannot articulate concise, salient well constructed analysis to save his life.  

On the contrary-- Tasker  is a sharp, precise, straight forward, pulls no punches commentator.  He doesn't suffer fools easily and does not cow tow or grandstand.

The same kind of qualities that made him a superb football player.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mister Defense said:

On the contrary-- Tasker  is a sharp, precise, straight forward, pulls no punches commentator.  He doesn't suffer fools easily and does not cow tow or grandstand.

The same kind of qualities that made him a superb football player.

Sharp and precise? No. He most certainly is not.   Heck of a football player as a Bill is an entirely different subject. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

IMO I think Schopp is less negative and more pompous. I believe he tends to be on the spectrum with his view points and how he views others' "less than optimal" ones.

I guess your the kind of person that looks at the glass ( half full ? ) personally I think that’s great ,  

Back to Shopp , I can’t stand him still whining about Tyrod , I agree with Shopp ONe thing , if we’d build more of an offense around him yes he would probably have a little better numbers , but at the end of the day it’s all about winning the SB and IMO he’s NOT the QB to get us there , so I would rather go 3-13 a year or two while building a team for a SB run (  just like we did in the 90’s ) then keep going 7-9 / 8-8 / 9-7 for another decade , 

don’t forget to like and share!!!

Edited by Putin

On 9/7/2018 at 9:41 PM, Kwai San said:

Steve was an awesome player to watch.....as an announcer to listen too??  Well not so much.  He either has alot to learn or he is doomed to the legions of bad broadcasters....

Exactly. I can't be sure of the issue, but I find it hard to believe Steve puts the same time and effort into preparing for his broadcast job as he did preparing for football. For a guy like Steve, I don't believe there are shortcuts. He simply doesn't have enough natural talent to be great at it naturally.

On 9/7/2018 at 6:45 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's done that before on CBS games, but he's a straight homer on One Bills LIve.  He's not good in either role IMO. 

That's always been Steve's one glaring flaw is he's blatantly trying way to hard to be objective. This anti Bill's style comes off as disingenuous. Romo accurately predicting the next play was pretty hilarious. 

On 9/7/2018 at 8:43 PM, jethro_tull said:

I love this guy.  Listening to him on Mutph's show today and he thinks the Bills can win Sunday and convinced me of the same thing- he made me more excited for the game.  He broke through the common doom and gloom, expect some pain mentality for this year's team and even predicts a better season than last year.  

I know he is probably a little biased (for many reasons) but I don't care!  He gave me some hope for this game and this season that I did not have before I listened to today's show.  

Thank you Steve!  

Tried to tell you man. :cry:

• Thank you (+1) 1