Steve Tasker- Thank You....

jethro_tull

I love this guy.  Listening to him on Mutph's show today and he thinks the Bills can win Sunday and convinced me of the same thing- he made me more excited for the game.  He broke through the common doom and gloom, expect some pain mentality for this year's team and even predicts a better season than last year.  

I know he is probably a little biased (for many reasons) but I don't care!  He gave me some hope for this game and this season that I did not have before I listened to today's show.  

Thank you Steve!  

• Like (+1) 5

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he’s a Peterman guy. But I didn’t hear the show. What did he say? He’s on the broadcast team for the game, I believe.

I don’t listen to any local radio, and pay far less attention to announcers than most, but on the national stuff I’ve heard it seems he often tries a bit too hard to sound like he’s not a homer. Is that just me? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I don’t listen to any local radio, and pay far less attention to announcers than most, but on the national stuff I’ve heard it seems he often tries a bit too hard to sound like he’s not a homer. Is that just me? 

How about he's just plain awful. He cannot articulate concise, salient well constructed analysis to save his life.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How about he's just plain awful. He cannot articulate concise, salient well constructed analysis to save his life.  

But, other than that???   ?

He seems to lean anti-Bills at times to me. Maybe trying TOO hard to look objective. Am I imagining that? 

As I said, there are few announcers I actually pay much attention to. I enjoyed Romo telling me what was going to happen, but apparently that wasn’t overly popular with some folks (like the bosses). 

On 9/7/2018 at 9:43 PM, Augie said:

But, other than that???   ?

He seems to lean anti-Bills at times to me. Maybe trying TOO hard to look objective. Am I imagining that? 

As I said, there are few announcers I actually pay much attention to. I enjoyed Romo telling me what was going to happen, but apparently that wasn’t overly popular with some folks (like the bosses). 

He's done that before on CBS games, but he's a straight homer on One Bills Live.  He's not good in either role IMO. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

I love this guy.  Listening to him on Mutph's show today and he thinks the Bills can win Sunday and convinced me of the same thing- he made me more excited for the game.  He broke through the common doom and gloom, expect some pain mentality for this year's team and even predicts a better season than last year.  

I know he is probably a little biased (for many reasons) but I don't care!  He gave me some hope for this game and this season that I did not have before I listened to today's show.  

Thank you Steve!  

Just don't hate him if we lose. Having optimism is a good thing, but too many people flip out much worse afterwards if their expectations aren't met.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FluffHead said:

You’re welcome.  And thanks for always calling in and telling me I should be in the hall of fame. You guys are the best! 

2 hours ago, DaaBills said:

Tasker was a man, with a horrible disease. Could not find no cure, won't you help him if you please. 

5 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Forget Tasker or any other prognosticator, just go out and win Bills.  And that may well happen if our defense puts constant pressure on Flacco.

Fluff head was a Man!

3 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

Thank you Steve!  

I don't think you're allowed to like Steve Tasker around these parts. Be careful!!

Same with Ralph Wilson and Doug Flutie.

Edited by MJS
  • Haha (+1) 1