The Madden Predicticator says...

GreggTX

11 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I use my own, more realistic sliders and let computer vs computer play out. Mind you, I don't claim that this is anything remotely reliable for predicting actual outcomes, but it's fun, so let's get to it.

To begin, Petermann's OVRL rating is a disgraceful 68. I feared the worst, but was pleasantly surprised as the Bills converted a BAL red zone fumble to halt the Ravens 2nd drive and then marched 64 yards to open the scoring at 7-0 BUF. The Bills went on to mount a 20-3 halftime lead behind solid defense. The secondary played exceptionally well in the 1st half.

In the 2nd half, the Ravens caught fire and tied the game in the 4Q at 23-23. It looked like the Bills were going to let this one get away, but in the final minute, as BAL was driving for the game winning score, Matt Milano stepped in front of BAL RB Dixon and ran 59 yards for the game winning TD with 0:12 left on the clock, sending the BAL fans to the parking lot frustrated again by these Bills.

M Milano was the defensive player of the game with 11 TKL, 1 TFL & the game winning pick 6.

C Clay was the offensive player of the game with a 110 yd. performance and a TD.

Key Stats:

Flacco - 30/51, 381 YDS, 3 TD, 1 INT

Petermann - 20/33, 309 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT

C. Clay 7 REC, 110 YDS, 1 TD

L McCoy 20 ATT, 83 YDS

Collins (BAL) 19 ATT, 36 YDS

Others worth mentioning:

- M Hyde also had a blocked punt that lead to a 12 YD N Petermann - C Clay TD pass.

- S Hauschka went 3/4, missing his longest attempt of 54 YDS, but later nailed a 52  yarder.

- K Benjamin hauled in a 52 YD N Petermann pass for the Bills 2nd TD.

- Ivory had a 12 YD TD run.

- The rookie MLB was largely invisible, netting only a single solo stop and 3 assists and a PDEF.

- The Bills offense was anything but conservative as Petermann's numbers suggest.

- The dominant 1st half defense got really leaky in the 2nd half, but came through in the end to seal a very impressive road win against a tough opponent.

- Petermann had a handful of really ugly plays, but was consistent and made a lot of key 3rd down completions. He was not spectacular, but came through time and time again in the clutch despite his awful ratings in the Madden game.

- Kyle, T Murphy and J Hughes each had a sack. BAL had 4 sacks on Petermann.

Gregg, keep doing this every week.  I'm in.

Also, think about recording it for YouTube, or putting it up on mixer or twitch and letting us know when you are on.

11 hours ago, JinxedBill1 said:

EA ruined madden.  I used to love madden.  

Anyway, that was at least a nice write up. 

EA ruined football video games with their license.  NFL 2K was the superior product just as it is in basketball.  Luckily the NBA didn’t sell out to the EA hype train.  EA is sucks

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Mills is 72 and you are correct about Petermann.

I'd be curious to hear more about that, but maybe in a non-Bills thread.

Maybe if we just played the Ravens this year 16 times lol.

I have to ask, are you spelling it like that on purpose?  You did it something like 7 times in the original post, that's what I was referencing by my other post.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

EA ruined football video games with their license.  NFL 2K was the superior product just as it is in basketball.  Luckily the NBA didn’t sell out to the EA hype train.  EA is sucks

Agreed.  They got lazy because there's no competition and greedy with MUT.  I don't pay to win.  I want a good franchise mode to improve players.  I'm not paying 60 bucks for a franchise that goes backwards.  Last good football sim was Head coach 09 IMO.  

EA ruined command and conquer, Sim City, Star Wars battlefront, madden, and now bows to the SJW's with battlefield 5.  And stock is falling because of it.  Don't buy their products so that one day we can get a good football sim again.

Edited by JinxedBill1

16 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Gregg, keep doing this every week.  I'm in.

Also, think about recording it for YouTube, or putting it up on mixer or twitch and letting us know when you are on.

I'm not sure how to do that, but I'll look into it. I'm on a PS4, so it might be tricky.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:04 PM, GreggTX said:

I use my own, more realistic sliders and let computer vs computer play out. Mind you, I don't claim that this is anything remotely reliable for predicting actual outcomes, but it's fun, so let's get to it.

To begin, Petermann's OVRL rating is a disgraceful 68. I feared the worst, but was pleasantly surprised as the Bills converted a BAL red zone fumble to halt the Ravens 2nd drive and then marched 64 yards to open the scoring at 7-0 BUF. The Bills went on to mount a 20-3 halftime lead behind solid defense. The secondary played exceptionally well in the 1st half.

In the 2nd half, the Ravens caught fire and tied the game in the 4Q at 23-23. It looked like the Bills were going to let this one get away, but in the final minute, as BAL was driving for the game winning score, Matt Milano stepped in front of BAL RB Dixon and ran 59 yards for the game winning TD with 0:12 left on the clock, sending the BAL fans to the parking lot frustrated again by these Bills.

M Milano was the defensive player of the game with 11 TKL, 1 TFL & the game winning pick 6.

C Clay was the offensive player of the game with a 110 yd. performance and a TD.

Key Stats:

Flacco - 30/51, 381 YDS, 3 TD, 1 INT

Petermann - 20/33, 309 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT

C. Clay 7 REC, 110 YDS, 1 TD

L McCoy 20 ATT, 83 YDS

Collins (BAL) 19 ATT, 36 YDS

Others worth mentioning:

- M Hyde also had a blocked punt that lead to a 12 YD N Petermann - C Clay TD pass.

- S Hauschka went 3/4, missing his longest attempt of 54 YDS, but later nailed a 52  yarder.

- K Benjamin hauled in a 52 YD N Petermann pass for the Bills 2nd TD.

- Ivory had a 12 YD TD run.

- The rookie MLB was largely invisible, netting only a single solo stop and 3 assists and a PDEF.

- The Bills offense was anything but conservative as Petermann's numbers suggest.

- The dominant 1st half defense got really leaky in the 2nd half, but came through in the end to seal a very impressive road win against a tough opponent.

- Petermann had a handful of really ugly plays, but was consistent and made a lot of key 3rd down completions. He was not spectacular, but came through time and time again in the clutch despite his awful ratings in the Madden game.

- Kyle, T Murphy and J Hughes each had a sack. BAL had 4 sacks on Petermann.

If the game ends up sucking I’m just going to watch this.