Eagles Fan Noise

Shaw66

Philadelphia has this reputation about their fans.   Maybe they're passionate, but they don't support the team.  It seemed to me that the Eagles fans were awfully quiet last night.  I didn't see the first half, but in the second half, a really tight game, the season opener on national tv after their team won the Super Bowl, and there wasn't much noise.   New Era would have been rockin. 

Where it was really apparent was on the Falcons' last drive, Eagles up 6 and needing a stop to win the game.   As Bryant came to the line of scrimmage, the noise began to build for several seconds, then the ball was snapped and the noise stopped.  Atlanta would go back to the huddle, everything was quiet, and as they broke the huddle, the noise began to grow again. 

If that drive had been in Buffalo, Bills up 6 with a minute to go, the noise wouldn't have stopped.   It would drop as the play was run, and then it would begin to build again immediately after the play, with a lot of noise all the time the opponent was in the huddle and getting even louder as they set up to run the play.  

Did anyone else notice this? 

I'm really looking forward to hearing that noise again.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, transient said:

This was Philadelphia.  The noise was probably just muffled in between plays as the fans searched the stadium for items that they could throw at the Falcons.

Maybe they should have one adult toy store in the parking lot for...you know.....and another inside the stadium? 

We are SO far ahead of them! Planning is key. 

41 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m guesding the broadcast attempts to cancel the noise. That fan base is raving mad passionate. And LFF was built to amplify noise. 

That's what I thought at first, too, but that wasn't it.  They just stopped making noise.  

Not saying the fans don't care about the team.  Everyone knows they're passionate.   But I thought they let their team down when it came to noise. 

And to think they were booed off the field at half-time.  I didn't know that, but that's terrible.  

36 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

That's what I thought at first, too, but that wasn't it.  They just stopped making noise.  

Not saying the fans don't care about the team.  Everyone knows they're passionate.   But I thought they let their team down when it came to noise. 

And to think they were booed off the field at half-time.  I didn't know that, but that's terrible.  

Maybe it’s hard to keep it amped up for those night games. 

They mentioned something about booing going into halt time- said the honeymoon was over ... lol

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

I went to the Bills Eagles game a few years ago.  Both teams were still in the hunt for the playoffs and the stadium and teams were really flat in terms of emotion.  That’s when I thought Rex Ryan is a really, really bad coach, having watched a team that should have been sharp and focused look flat and disinterested.  I knew he wasn’t a good coach but had some belief that the players liked him and would play hard, even if undisciplined.  That was clearly not the case.  I knew he needed to be axed ASAP  - unfortunately we endured another year until it happened. 

The Ralph is an amazing place to watch a game with a ton of energy.  My friend is a Seahawks fan and still talks about how he loved going to a game at the Ralph and that it was just the most fun pro game he’s ever been to - we were at the home opener with the fake FG TD pass. Love going to Bills games, and don’t really enjoy the experience that much in other places. The new stadiums feel so corporate, they lack character and the cost involved in the experience just prices out too many fun fans. The worst experience I’ve had is FedEx - that place suuuuuuucks. 

I'd be curious how much the production team edits up or down the noise.  

Listening to the Bills Radio Broadcast, it seems like they sometimes amplify the noise.  For instance, the preseason game against Carolina, it seemed like the crowd noise was pretty loud for a preseason game at a 2/3 full stadium.  

Perhaps NBC was mixing down the noise last night.  Got to make sure Chris Collinsworth can talk and talk and talk.

8 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

I went to the Bills Eagles game a few years ago.  Both teams were still in the hunt for the playoffs and the stadium and teams were really flat in terms of emotion.  That’s when I thought Rex Ryan is a really, really bad coach, having watched a team that should have been sharp and focused look flat and disinterested.  I knew he wasn’t a good coach but had some belief that the players liked him and would play hard, even if undisciplined.  That was clearly not the case.  I knew he needed to be axed ASAP  - unfortunately we endured another year until it happened. 

The Ralph is an amazing place to watch a game with a ton of energy.  My friend is a Seahawks fan and still talks about how he loved going to a game at the Ralph and that it was just the most fun pro game he’s ever been to - we were at the home opener with the fake FG TD pass. Love going to Bills games, and don’t really enjoy the experience that much in other places. The new stadiums feel so corporate, they lack character and the cost involved in the experience just prices out too many fun fans. The worst experience I’ve had is FedEx - that place suuuuuuucks. 

I was at that game (2008, I believe).  It was rocking.  Only time I've ever sat in the lower bowl -- although, the entire section stood almost the entire game.  I actually sat down for the fake FG TD Pass, thinking it was "just" a FG attempt.  Boy was I wrong.