Rapper Mac Miller dies of apparent OD

Buffalo716

9 hours ago, mrags said:

Addiction isn’t a disease. It’s a choice. 

I feel nothing for these dead beats that go down that path in the first place. And even less for the ones that don’t see themselves as needing help. And even less for the scumbags that die from it. Natural selection. This trash was the bottom of the food chain. 

I have a local friend who is a CO at a max facility up here.  He posted the exact same thing on FB, that you just wrote here (Addiction isn’t a disease. It’s a choice) and his other comments were a lot like yours.

I'm guessing that in your line of work (for which I have the utmost respect), it's pretty easy to form these opinions.

My only purpose in writing this is to say I find it interesting that two people in the same line of work said nearly identical things about the topic of drug addiction.

We both know that our opinions differ on this, so it's not about debating.  I just found it interesting and I can understand it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

The son of a mother who will never see her child again

macmillerdead.jpg

My point (which fell on deaf ears) is so many people die each day (working with their survivors is often tough)...many who contributed to our society with engineering ideas, mathematics, physics, homemakers and steel workers, all of whom deserve as much credit and respect as this young fella. Not commenting on the addiction issue; by asking “who the !@#$ is Mac Miller” I was putting his death in perspective compared to the countless men and women who raised children, paid mortgages, bought groceries for dinner and get buried without as much as a quick “God’s speed”. Here’s to the average guy/gal who dies and leaves a spouse and kids. Those are the tough cases that deserve recognition. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

My point (which fell on deaf ears) is so many people die each day (working with their survivors is often tough)...many who contributed to our society with engineering ideas, mathematics, physics, homemakers and steel workers, all of whom deserve as much credit and respect as this young fella. Not commenting on the addiction issue; by asking “who the !@#$ is Mac Miller” I was putting his death in perspective compared to the countless men and women who raised children, paid mortgages, bought groceries for dinner and get buried without as much as a quick “God’s speed”. Here’s to the average guy/gal who dies and leaves a spouse and kids. Those are the tough cases that deserve recognition. 

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Dude’s probably from the mean streets of Brockport.  Ya dig? ?

I'm having a lemonade sale on the corner of Main and NY-19 tomorrow. Bring the heat, yo. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Why don’t you climb down from your high horse, Mr. Judgy McJudgenstein?  Doth the addict who bleeds in the battle field risk less than the average man?  I say that all doth risk the same.

13 minutes ago, The Jerk said:

giphy.gif

I'm having a lemonade sale on the corner of Main and NY-19 tomorrow. Bring the heat, yo. 

Wellsville, eh?  It’s all coming together now.  Cheers ?

17 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

What about the ones who repeatedly try to get and stay clean...who don't want to be an addict and then die from an OD?  Hope you don't have a son or daughter who make the "wrong choice"...though my bet is you'd feel something different.  Trust me....walk a mile in our shoes bro.

You don’t want to hear anymore responses from me. You’ll dislike me even more than you already do. And I don’t feel like getting another ban because my opinion differs from yours. 

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

I have a local friend who is a CO at a max facility up here.  He posted the exact same thing on FB, that you just wrote here (Addiction isn’t a disease. It’s a choice) and his other comments were a lot like yours.

I'm guessing that in your line of work (for which I have the utmost respect), it's pretty easy to form these opinions.

My only purpose in writing this is to say I find it interesting that two people in the same line of work said nearly identical things about the topic of drug addiction.

We both know that our opinions differ on this, so it's not about debating.  I just found it interesting and I can understand it.

I have been in my current profession going on 10 years now. I’ve seen it all. I spent months at drug treatment centers, and years at maximum security facilities, and I can tell you most of the time it doesn’t help. It’s not a disease (imo) it’s a habit. Bad habit more like it. Bad influences. Bad decisions. Everyone controls their own fate when it comes to this type of thing unless your a crack baby. But if your in your teens or twenties or older, you aren’t suffering from that anymore. At that point youve made bad decisions. 

I will refuse to give any any thought to the contrary. I’ve made bad decisions in my life and regretted things, but I’ve learned from those mistakes. I’ve had hard times growing up and as an adult and I’ve grown from that. I’ve dealt with both parents as I grew up, and my parents separating and handled that. I’ve went through school and had grades so bad (my own doing) I would have a hard time getting into the most lax colleges and I’ve grown from that. I’m not saying I’ve had a very tough life, but I have went though some tough times. I’ve learned from my mistakes, I’ve grown as a person from the things I’ve learned. Never once in all the good or bad times was I like... “hey, ya know what would be awesome right now.... doing a bunch of heroin”. Because of that, I can say that everyone has a choice. And if you make that choice to do drugs to the point that you are an addict, I feel nothing for you. You are a burden on yourself, your family, and society and you should probably end it now and save everyone the grief that you will eventually cause.