Rapper Mac Miller dies of apparent OD

Buffalo716

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:07 AM, mrags said:

Addiction isn’t a disease. It’s a choice. 

I feel nothing for these dead beats that go down that path in the first place. And even less for the ones that don’t see themselves as needing help. And even less for the scumbags that die from it. Natural selection. This trash was the bottom of the food chain. 

I don't even know how to respond.  Bet your thinking I shouldn't...

Addiction is a disease for many, choice for some.  A lot of people start out simply enough enjoying a good buzz, or a good high and then it gets out of hand.  Others don't necessarily enjoy the buzz/high, they are trying to medicate themselves for whatever reason - not all people are equipped to deal with their personal demons as some others are. 

I choose to understand that all people are different and handle their issues in different ways, some being self-destructive.  I'm sorry you have only been around those you deem are "dead beats", but you can't paint all those suffering from addiction with the same brush.  I know many people (due to my profession) who have had loved ones die from addiction along with a handful of my coworkers that were lost, and I would not call these people "dead beats".  They came from varied backgrounds, mostly suburbanites who had "everything" to live for and were the last ones you'd suspect of having an addiction problem.  Many of them had great careers and family's.  It's not just the homeless person who lost his/her job and lost all hope,  or the person living in poverty that society forgot about.  It can be anyone.  You must be blessed to have not had to deal with loss due to addiction on a personal level.

Just remember, you have absolutely no idea what other people have dealt with in their lives.  Be it the person working next to you who seems to have it all together, or the person you look down upon.  A little compassion goes a long way.  Someone who is caught up with addiction, or dies from addiction is no less a person than you and I.  They deserve love and respect as much as anyone else.

As for Mac Miller, my 21 year old son loved him and made me listen to his music.  His newest album is pretty damn good.  RIP.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have already stated I am done talking about this topic. There is no need to continue to reply to my posts. You will not change my mind on the subject. Have a good day. I hope you all find peace in your losses. 

To those that have replied to me personally, this is not a personal message to you. Just a generalization. 

5 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Can I say the dude looks like a clown?  Or is that disrespectful?

I think that’s a fair assessment regardless of the circumstances ?

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My good friends brother died last year of a heroin overdose.  He was sad of course but his family saw it coming.

He went to rehab something like 5 times and every time would relapse within 48 hours after getting out.

We buried our good friend last year as well.  Hard working guy.  Was a drinker in HS like all of us and smoked some weed here and there.  He was a successful electrician.  Had his own business, and had a family.  Left 2 young daughters behind.

Injured his back working on one of his rental properties.  Got prescribed an opioid med and got hooked, and then apparently turned to heroin when they no longer would fill his prescription.  No one had a clue he was even doing this until it was too late.  His 7 year old daughter found him unconscious.  Horrible, horrible stuff.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Lookup some idiot named tech6nine9 or something like that.

If GLAAD had a hip hop label to reboot vanilla ice it'd be this kid.

Tekashi-e1526316435503-827x620.jpg

He's like if lil Wayne had a baby with rainbow bright, had it's teeth knocked out and replaced with colored chicklets.

Edited by Boyst62

8 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

He's like if lil Wayne had a baby with rainbow bright, had it's teeth knocked out and replaced with colored chicklets.

Yikes!!

14 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

We buried our good friend last year as well.  Hard working guy.  Was a drinker in HS like all of us and smoked some weed here and there.  He was a successful electrician.  Had his own business, and had a family.  Left 2 young daughters behind.

Injured his back working on one of his rental properties.  Got prescribed an opioid med and got hooked, and then apparently turned to heroin when they no longer would fill his prescription.  No one had a clue he was even doing this until it was too late.  His 7 year old daughter found him unconscious.  Horrible, horrible stuff.

I hate hearing stories like this....really hate it.

Last year I had a friend die in front of his kid but it wasn't drug related.  They were in the tree stand hunting and the father had a heart attack.  His 7 year old son was with him for 3-4 hours before help came.  Son stayed by his dads body and just waited.  

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My good friends brother died last year of a heroin overdose.  He was sad of course but his family saw it coming.

He went to rehab something like 5 times and every time would relapse within 48 hours after getting out.

Sadly that's not uncommon...opioid addiction treatment in this country is not very effective.  Very few are medically based...12 step programs work in such a small percent of patients.  Pretty sad.

13 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Dude I’m not gonna lie.

i listen to all genres including rap and I know who 69 is and can tolerate a few songs lol

he is a blood. Or claims to be lol and his songs are really crazy... you can tell by the appearance I bet ?

On 9/9/2018 at 11:39 AM, Boyst62 said:

3 friends have had siblings OD accidentally

2 have had friends purposely suicide by OD, leaving notes.

3 people i know directly have killed themselves - one was an alcoholic, the other two mentally ill.

it's been a deadly 12 months.

mental illness is dangerous.

Yup, also helps not to use drugs to try to forget reality, it’s a cause and also a debilitating mix

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Yup, also helps not to use drugs to try to forget reality, it’s a cause and also a debilitating mix

I think the majority of people, overwhelmingly so, use drugs recreationally. Some people just don't do so well at that. Well the guy looks like a clown and is not something I'm into it's always a reality check to remember that he had a mother and a father and a brother and a sister and a child in an uncle and Aunt

Voice to text just made that awesome but I'm leaving it

8 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I think the majority of people, overwhelmingly so, use drugs recreationally. Some people just don't do so well at that. Well the guy looks like a clown and is not something I'm into it's always a reality check to remember that he had a mother and a father and a brother and a sister and a child in an uncle and Aunt

Voice to text just made that awesome but I'm leaving it

Using drugs to forget reality, not recreationally

Just now, Boyst62 said:

Could you imagine the pain or heartfelt memories that someone would rely on drugs to forget them?

I think I had recently stated I have over the last few years attended 3 funerals for the slightly wayward sons of good families, all opiate ODs in their late 20s

drugs enhance mental problems and often cause them, they go together often

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Could you imagine the pain or heartfelt memories that someone would rely on drugs to forget them?

Some are naturally on the path to rejecting a decent life that was handed to them

others are influenced into it, usually by older siblings