Jerry Sullivan Strikes Back With A VENGEANCE, Slams The BN, The Pegulas, and some of the Buffalo fanbase

BuffaloRush

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Your comment is exactly what I was saying.  You misunderstand the job of the columnist.  It is to share his opinion and analysis of what happened.  A reporter shares facts and "what the story is."

Bills fans have become so sensitive to criticism over the years.  It's beyond baffling

No. He never found a positive. Never. That’s tired schtick, not criticism. 

Don't care what he says, won't read it. But these are the facts:

1. He dreamed of covering his hometown Boston teams, preferably the Celtics and he was so awful no paper would have him. 

2. His writing skills are subpar, which certainly forced him into staying in the bottom media market and not allowing him to rise as he thought he should.

3. His insight and analysis was subpar. He was no Felser or Kelly.

4. he had zero connection to players, coaches or fans, cutting his credibility and ability to be good.

5. Of those who resigned, were let go, or otherwise departed the news, this prick is the only one still unemployed.

5. He can cut us down as fans and as a city all he wants but the fact remains, he sucked at his job, grew to be a bitter reporter due to his own inadequacies and inabilities and inadequecies he took his misery and lack of success out on sports teams and fans. He tried covering sports like we need people covering politics. Teams owe us nothing and he and other entitled media types often miss this point (Schopp is one as well)... which is teams owe you zero. Zero access, zero answers, zero truth. 

6. And since he likes cutting us down, let's not forget that this miserable curmudgeon was a divorced by his wife and his skank of a daughter ended up on some reality TV and is a basically a pole dancer in Vegas. 

So stop feeding this troll. He's a stain on the media in this town, a self-loathing, miserable loser who's era of winning the fight because his employer bought ink by the barrel is long over since every other talentless ahole has a voice as miserable and useless as his.

Have fun in the dustbin of Buffalo media history. This city owes you nothing and we'd be happy if you departed, tail between you legs and weekly unemployment check dangling in your hand.

Edited by zonabb
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bobby Hooks said:

It’s kind of funny that someone known so well for undervaluing the team he was covering is trying oh so hard to overvalue himself. 

Im sorry, but the guys act was old and tired. He wasn’t a reporter that looks at a story objectively and says how can I get this to the people. He looked at a story and said how many people can I piss off with this story. It became as boring as losing for 17 years. 

Its not creative. It’s a tired Schtick. So much so, I don’t have to listen to it to know exactly what he’ll say. 

Jog on, Jer. 

Again, you need to listen to the interview because there's an aspect of truth to what you said.  He admitted to taking extreme views in his column, while he didn't fabricate his thoughts he did amplify his view.  

I don't know about you - but it seems like there were many pissed off Bills fans during the Drought years.  It used to infuriate me to listen to reporters loft softball questions to Bills players and coaches after a frustrating loss.  Jerry and Bucky never did that.  They always asked the tough questions and shared their honest thoughts, even if it meant some of your would troll them on Twitter in retaliation.  That I appreciated.  

16 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Obviously you didn't hear the interview.  Jerry is passionate about being a writer and his dream job was being a columnist.  He did it well for almost 3 decades and sold a lot of newspapers.  It's understandable how getting this taken away from him was upsetting ..

well, there are many ways to take what happens in life. one might be grateful for a company that gave them an opportunity to be somewhat of a celebrity for close to 3 decades. all the while understanding that unless you are the owner of said company, most job positions are temporary at best and to have secured his."dream" job for as long as did might be construed as him being somewhat good at what he was doing.

or, you know... one might be bitter and resentful that a company that made you decided it was time to move in another direction after 30 year.

the choice is one's to make i guess but if it were up to me, id say !@#$ Sully and the horseshit he rode in on. an ungrateful bastered who only cares aboit himself.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Your comment is exactly what I was saying.  You misunderstand the job of the columnist.  It is to share his opinion and analysis of what happened.  A reporter shares facts and "what the story is."

Bills fans have become so sensitive to criticism over the years.  It's beyond baffling

I don’t think you are getting it. It’s not the criticism. It’s the lack of quality takes. He very rarely exposed anything or wrote something that wasn’t self evident to the casual fan.  As another poster said, it was just another guy at the bar yapping away. 

I’m happy that those Sullivan fans have a place to hear his schtick, but to say the city of Buffalo owes him an apology is the funniest thing I’ve heard in awhile. 

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Talk about desperate times.

LOL well I thought working for Buffalo Maven was more desperate 

Just now, Sanners said:

I don’t think you are getting it. It’s not the criticism. It’s the lack of quality takes. He very rarely exposed anything or wrote something that wasn’t self evident to the casual fan.  As another poster said, it was just another guy at the bar yapping away. 

I’m happy that those Sullivan fans have a place to hear his schtick, but to say the city of Buffalo owes him an apology is the funniest thing I’ve heard in awhile. 

"lack of quality takes" is completely arbitrary.  Just because you didn't like his opinion does not mean he had an misinformed opinion.  I'd argue the  opposite 

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

To me, it sounds like you are salty toward Jerry because he has been critical of the Bills.  As I said before, it seems like many Bills fans are very sensitive to any criticism.  I believe it had to do with the embarrassing Drought.  It's not just Jerry, any media personality that is critical of the team gets trashed here.  

Well thats your opinion & ur entitled to that. But i dont care enough about him to be salty. But case in point, Sullys column was him voicing his opinions... Well sometimes people just don't like your opinion. Many didnt like his either. Its probably a big reason why the BN pulled his column from him.

There were some articles I liked from him, but too many were just a lazy narrative written buy a guy who seemed to care more about being seen as the smartest observer of our sports teams, than simply telling a story & educating his readers. 

Dude comes across as a narcissist.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

well, there are many ways to take what happens in life. one might be grateful for a company that gave them an opportunity to be somewhat of a celebrity for close to 3 decades. all the while understanding that unless you are the owner of said company, most job positions are temporary at best and to have secured his."dream" job for as long as did might be construed as him being somewhat good at what he was doing.

or, you know... one might be bitter and resentful that a company that made you decided it was time to move in another direction after 30 year.

the choice is one's to make i guess but if it were up to me, id say !@#$ Sully and the horseshit he rode in on. an ungrateful bastered who only cares aboit himself.

Your opinion is fair - he could have taken the high-road like many would.  However I respect him for being real and sharing his true feelings on the situation.   But again, I can tell you didn't listen to the interview.  His issue is with the current management which he feels wronged him.   It's not being ungrateful - it's saying "I don't like how I was treated at the end and here's why."   He deserves credit for speaking up

1 minute ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I honestly don't care about Jerry Sullivan, didn't listen didn't read

Lie detector test going off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

LOL well I thought working for Buffalo Maven was more desperate 

"lack of quality takes" is completely arbitrary.  Just because you didn't like his opinion does not mean he had an misinformed opinion.  I'd argue the  opposite 

Good point. Everyone has their opinion. Hopefully, you can continue to enjoy his work. I’ll continue not reading or listening to him.

3 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

Well thats your opinion & ur entitled to that. But i dont care enough about him to be salty. But case in point, Sullys column was him voicing his opinions... Well sometimes people just don't like your opinion. Many didnt like his either. Its probably a big reason why the BN pulled his column from him.

There were some articles I liked from him, but too many were just a lazy narrative written buy a guy who seemed to care more about being seen as the smartest observer of our sports teams, than simply telling a story & educating his readers. 

Dude comes across as a narcissist.

I would say more like a "know it all" but yes you could say that.  However there are many columnist and media personalities that do the same thing  

10 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Again, you need to listen to the interview because there's an aspect of truth to what you said.  He admitted to taking extreme views in his column, while he didn't fabricate his thoughts he did amplify his view.  

I don't know about you - but it seems like there were many pissed off Bills fans during the Drought years.  It used to infuriate me to listen to reporters loft softball questions to Bills players and coaches after a frustrating loss.  Jerry and Bucky never did that.  They always asked the tough questions and shared their honest thoughts, even if it meant some of your would troll them on Twitter in retaliation.  That I appreciated.  

Alright fine, I’m an open minded guy. If you tell me that in that interview he admits he kind of called it in the last few years (because that’s exactly what going the extremist route EVERY TIME is) and promises given another chance he would do better, I’ll listen. Otherwise, no. If he doesn’t realize he became the equivalent of the Sun on the BN (I mean how many times do you want to hear about a batboy sighting?) then I don’t need to hear it. 

I dont always love the opinions of other humans but If your sole purpose in life is riling up the lowest common denominator I really have no interest in you or what you have to say (JS). 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

Gotcha - If you listen to the interview above, I can guarantee you will like it

Outta curiosity, you seem to have a lot of interest on this subject, Youre not Jerry Sullivan are you?

I can't imagine just anyone would be as interested in this topic, are you Jerry or know him in real life?

Not trying to be sarcastic haha

On a side note, its a shame that print media is dying. Papers everywhere are cutting back drastically to their staffs.. if theyre even able to stay alive at all.

Gleason & Sully are a casualty of the times. I'm sure Sully realizes it was a big part of the changes at the end there. But they had a good run.

• Like (+1) 2

I wonder if Pegula really would have a hand in removing a column that was often critical of his teams. That would be upsetting but not as surprising as it should be. It does seem like recently the Bills go out of their way to control the narrative. I still can’t believe the BBMB was shut down. Anything bills related on Facebook is an honest to god embarrassment. The people that call into WGR are rarely informed and not at all representative of the actual diehard fans. Usually it’s just blind faith homers, barely capable of verbal communication. The hosts on WGR are either complete fan boys like Murph or just !@#$s to entice calls. There is almost nothing with substance left when it comes to the Bills. I would say Tasker is the closest thing to realistic or accurate but listening to him is about as fun as stapling your lips together. It’s a shame that the local media responsible for covering 1 of the 32 nfl teams, isn’t held to a higher standard. There are plenty of people out there that can be objective and entertaining. I would like to see them more in the forefront. I like Joe B and Sal knows what’s happening with the Bills for the most part. Chris Brown is also decent. Outside of those guys, it’s rough IMO.

In my opinion, the wgr lineup is bipolar.  Ra Ra from 12-3.  Sully 2.0 from 3-7.  The night cap, I have found, to be the most objective.  Although I did like Ryan's show better.  Although the morning show isn't bad.  I would never have a beer with Jeremy and I find his socio-political rants annoying, but his commentary is good.... which was an art Sully couldn't grasp for the past 15 + years.  

And no doubt .... BuffaloRush is, or has a personal tie to Sully.  

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

You're not really listening to the posters in this thread, though. You keep repeating the same shill. 

It's not even Sullivan's negative takes on an organization that usually deserved it. It's that many, many Bills fans just effing disliked the guy. 

He's. Not. Likable. 

Deal with it. 

Also, his writing stinks. Stale as his personality. 

Now, on another note: anybody know his daughter?

• Haha (+1) 1