Jerry Sullivan Strikes Back With A VENGEANCE, Slams The BN, The Pegulas, and some of the Buffalo fanbase

BuffaloRush

On 9/6/2018 at 9:50 PM, GunnerBill said:

Thougts on Jerry are always the same. He is not a good writer. That always bothered me more than his opinions. 

It is ridiculous for him to criticize the writers they have hired on skill level since he has proved he is a hack.  Only reason he had a job so long was union rules.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SDS said:

When you say run ad blocking software on your browser how is it that you expect me to pay a $2000 a year server bill? 

How does any publisher pay their bills if they don’t force a subscription? 

Don't rely on third party ads.  Sell your own, and include static ads in your page content. Ad blockers are essential in personal cybersecurity.  Third party ad services are "a vast, opaque and dizzyingly complex contraption with underappreciated capacity for misuse — one that collects and constantly profiles data about our behavior, creates incentives to monetize our most private desires and frequently unleashes loopholes that the shadiest of people are only too happy to exploit." https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/31/technology/internet-advertising-business.html  

If you're relying on third-party ads for revenue, you should accept and understand that there are ways to circumvent displaying of and collecting of personal information by those ads on the consumer's browser.  Do the research. Build a better mouse trap.

Newspaper "columnist" are a thing of the past. 10 years from now your going to be able to count on one hand how many people get paid big coin for an opinion in ANY local newspaper.

Pittsburgh doesn't even have a daily news anymore. http://thehill.com/homenews/media/403746-pittsburgh-becomes-largest-us-city-without-a-daily-print-newspaper

More cities to follow.

It was inevitable that these guys where going to loose their jobs it was just a matter of when.

Any reasonable intelligent articulate writer on this board can start a blog, drop 5 bucks a day on a google or facebook add and by the end of the year they will have amassed at least a thousand regular readers. The old guard that got big contracts and big pay are mostly going to get squeezed out by the end of the decade.

The internet has made "columnist" a dime a dozen and with so many people doing it through blogs, e zines, and websites, your opinion would have to be really super special to make it worth while for anyone to pay you big bucks for it.

The BN decided to get rid of the people they where paying the big bucks. I would bet good money the people they have now that replaced the old guard aren't making half as much and at the end of the day it doesn't matter to the average reader.

Edited by steven50

58 minutes ago, steven50 said:

Newspaper "columnist" are a thing of the past. 10 years from now your going to be able to count on one hand how many people get paid big coin for an opinion in ANY local newspaper.

Pittsburgh doesn't even have a daily news anymore. http://thehill.com/homenews/media/403746-pittsburgh-becomes-largest-us-city-without-a-daily-print-newspaper

More cities to follow.

It was inevitable that these guys where going to loose their jobs it was just a matter of when.

Any reasonable intelligent articulate writer on this board can start a blog, drop 5 bucks a day on a google or facebook add and by the end of the year they will have amassed at least a thousand regular readers. The old guard that got big contracts and big pay are mostly going to get squeezed out by the end of the decade.

The internet has made "columnist" a dime a dozen and with so many people doing it through blogs, e zines, and websites, your opinion would have to be really super special to make it worth while for anyone to pay you big bucks for it.

The BN decided to get rid of the people they where paying the big bucks. I would bet good money the people they have now that replaced the old guard aren't making half as much and at the end of the day it doesn't matter to the average reader.

Your grammar, diction, usage, and writing in general is horrible.

I see why you hate writers.

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Your grammar, diction, usage, and writing in general is horrible.

I see why you hate writers.

I am  lucky to have you keep me focused on grammar on a sports message board.

Edited by steven50

• 2 months later...

Not being from Buffalo my exposure to his work was not as deep as many of you. I can say that I always read his columns with genuine interest. He didn't pull any punches when covering the Bills and I respect that much more than the powderpuff sports coverage I see in most markets, including Ottawa's. Was the writing negative? Yes but it was also a realistic representation of the fact that this team has been lost in the wilderness for nearly twenty years 

2 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Not being from Buffalo my exposure to his work was not as deep as many of you. I can say that I always read his columns with genuine interest. He didn't pull any punches when covering the Bills and I respect that much more than the powderpuff sports coverage I see in most markets, including Ottawa's. Was the writing negative? Yes but it was also a realistic representation of the fact that this team has been lost in the wilderness for nearly twenty years 

He is also overly negative when positive things happen......which turns ppl off

9 minutes ago, stuvian said:

On an individual basis, the articles can make sense, but when you see his total body of work, and read the negative titles on a day in and day out basis, you realize what you are dealing with.  It's fine in doses. But as John said, when that is all you bring to the table it is a HUGE turn off.