Daboll's last stop?

Billzfan23

On 9/6/2018 at 6:07 PM, Warcodered said:

Well we haven't literally seen anything yet so I don't know.

Exactly...how can anyone be graded right now on the offensive side of the ball anyway, its completely devoid of talent outside of Allen and McCoy.  There is just no way to fairly grade Daboll this year, the execution from guys who are mostly backups on our offense being forced to start is piss poor.  

This board is unbearable right now, I may even just check out of the season from being on this board and come back around draft time.  The amount of over the top dramatic nonsense is at an all time high.  People act like this is a surprise...we lost our only 3 good OL, we lost all our WRs that were worth anything to FA and Trades, and we have a rookie QB being forced to learn on the job against 3 pretty good teams, 2 of which on the road in very tough places to play with garbage around him.

Now everyone wants to freak out as if ONLY the last game is the exact predictor of Allens career and completely ignore the reality of whats on the field.  Also completely ignore a massive amount of cap space and at least 10 draft picks next draft, many of which will be premium.  And I say at least because I think its quite possible Beane could make more trades before the deadline like Shady, KB, and Shaq.  

This season WAS ALWAYS going to be a ROUGH one.  Now everyone is acting like we are doomed for the next decade.  Seriously, its gotten to be almost a waste of time to come to this board anymore.  Only handful of posters are even worth conversing with anymore, and yes Warcodered you are one of those better posters.  

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Billzfan23 said:

Truth - he's not an upgrade.  Honestly, Chan Gailey or Greg Roman would be better.  He's gone, perhaps mid-season, perhaps he might last till Christmas.

Like you I didn't like the hire and still don't. Out of the universe of possible offensive coordinators, hiring a guy whose offenses were absolutely terrible in Cleveland, Miami, and especially Kansas City just wasn't inspiring and still isn't. 5th NFL season as OC, 4 different teams, and the same terrible results everywhere... at some point the "yeah, but it's the players" excuses have to be replaced by "maybe his schemes and/or play calling just isn't where it needs to be"...

….we shall see, but you could visibly see Coach McD's frustration with Daboll on Sunday and in today's press conference. Shady only had 5 carries on Sunday, which didn't sit well with our head coach.

Eric Wood made a nice little point on the radio today.  He said with the Bills penchant for falling behind early is killing the run game which skews the numbers to bad.. But by that same token the passing numbers should be skewed higher b/c they are often playing catch up.  And Eric says passing is last in the league too so he doesn't really know what's going on but obviously it needs to be fixed.

3 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

His track record says he won’t make it very long.  If the offense continues to play the way they are he’ll be gone.  McDermott made it very clear he wasn’t happy with the plan on offense.  That’s a clear message to Daboll right there

He may have been a poor choice of a OC, but let's be honest, he was given no WRs, a depleted Oline that lost three quality linemen, and a rookie QB. He may  be crud, but he also wasn't dealt a very good hand either. With that said, an OC with some proven success sure would have been nice though.