What I haven’t seen from Peterman

Buffalo716

From all of his preseason play from last year, his regular season appearances and his preseason this year

Was the ability to throw over the top of a defense to keep them honest... yes a quick rhythm passing game is nice, but it’s only effective for so long if you cannot stretch the Defense 

even Fitz attempted and has pushed the ball downfield, with success and failure 

eventually CBs and Safeties will sit on the underneath routes and jam up passing lanes if   Peterman shows he will not throw downfield

Hopefully he takes some calculated shots downfield this Sunday to Benjamin and Company to open up some room for Shady, ivory and Murphy 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I’m pretty sure he’ll run the plays they send into his helmet.

Most plays have someone going deep to stretch the field. Whether a 9 route or deep post

some QBs pull the trigger some don’t 

Edited by Buffalo716

I've never seen him play a game from start to finish. 

I've never seen him win a game as the starting QB that didn't involve what an insurence agency would classify an "Act of God".

I've never seen him quit either. 

I've never seen him make excuses.

I've never seen him work harder than he did this off-season to improve.

I've never seen a player with so much to prove.

While I don't expect Nate to look like Rodgers 2.0 I am hopeful that the work he put in during the off-season and the addition of Brian Daboll can show he is at the very least a servicible spot starter in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I've never seen him play a game from start to finish. 

I've never seen him win a game as the starting QB that didn't involve what an insurence agency would classify an "Act of God".

I've never seen him quit either. 

I've never seen him make excuses.

I've never seen him work harder than he did this off-season to improve.

I've never seen a player with so much to prove.

While I don't expect Nate to look like Rodgers 2.0 I am hopeful that the work he put in during the off-season and the addition of Brian Daboll can show he is at the very least a servicible spot starter in the NFL.

He doesn’t have that much to prove. He is a 5th round QB who is keeping the seat warm for a first round pick 

Nobody expected him to be anything other than MAYBE a backup... except  saviorpeterman ... he should only be trying to prove to himself he can play.. not care about anyone else

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you think our OL can hold long enough to let a WR get deep? 

That depends hapless... do I think we can go 3-4 wide with only 5 lineman and dial up a deep play? No

Do I think Daboll can go singleback or I form, keep in some extra blockers and dial up a PA shot play? Yes

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That depends hapless... do I think we can go 3-4 wide with only 5 lineman and dial up a deep play? No

Do I think Daboll can go singleback or I form, keep in some extra blockers and dial up a PA shot play? Yes

Agreed.   I guess I was keying on "Most plays have someone going deep to stretch the field. Whether a 9 route or deep post ".

I agree that if they put in extra blockers and chip they can dial up a deep route, more thinking that the "most plays" deep guy isn't gonna see much action

Just watched a Cover1 analysis of a few Peterman plays in the Panthers game  and he pointed out something I have not been aware of  - reliance on cuts by our OT (it's at 9:40)

Cover1 points out the positives of this strategy and praises the scheming by Daboll, but of course the negative is if the QB does not get the ball out lickety-split or the play busts up downfield, chances are you now have two big, athletic DE who stayed on their feet and are coming for the QB like a pair of deranged bookends.   Tell me why I should agree with Cover1 that this is a Good Thing

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He doesn’t have that much to prove. He is a 5th round QB who is keeping the seat warm for a first round pick 

Nobody expected him to be anything other than MAYBE a backup... except  saviorpeterman ... he should only be trying to prove to himself he can play.. not care about anyone else

I tend to disagree. 

When he came out (and no, I dont care what round he was drafted in) hehad a small amount of buzz around him. In his first chance like it or not, he became a national punchline. Any man with any self worth is going to strive to prove himself. Now, as I stated no, he's not likely to be a franchise QB for any team. But he can still be what I believe he would have become . A back up, spot starter. I could easily still see him (if he shows well this year) having a Todd Collins/Chase Daniel type career.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I tend to disagree. 

When he came out (and no, I dont care what round he was drafted in) hehad a small amount of buzz around him. In his first chance like it or not, he became a national punchline. Any man with any self worth is going to strive to prove himself. Now, as I stated no, he's not likely to be a franchise QB for any team. But he can still be what I believe he would have become . A back up, spot starter. I could easily still see him (if he shows well this year) having a Todd Collins/Chase Daniel type career.

Yes, as I said the only person he has to prove anything to is himself 

he can certainly become a capable backup but he can certainly fail... thats why I wouldn’t say IVE NEVER SEEN a player with that much to prove... he was projected as a backup, not a starter 

he doesnt have that much pressure on him except the pressure he creates 

Edited by Buffalo716