Marrone wants “Zero Turnovers” from Blake Bortles this year

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The worst thing coming out of Jax is the locker room blowing up after the game Sunday with guys fighting and the media cut off. Get it together Saint Doug. Yet they beat the Pats eh...?

Yup.  That's why I said he's on the hot seat.  The team was supposed to take the next step and be a SB contender this year, but they won't even make the playoffs.  And the post-game stuff Sunday shows he's either losing the locker room or has lost it already.

On 9/6/2018 at 7:35 AM, teef said:

i feel like he's setting himself up for failure here.

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy!

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Carr for Bortles + the Jags 1st

Raiders get ANOTHER 1st, Gruden can try to play guru on Bortles, Jags get a QB who can be serviceable and not kill the team.

Begs the question of why Gruden can’t guru Carr but now will be able to guru Bortles? Give me Carr any day of the week over Bortles.

41 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy!

Begs the question of why Gruden can’t guru Carr but now will be able to guru Bortles? Give me Carr any day of the week over Bortles.

Just keep the rumored religious crap out of the locker room.  

Derek Carr: Faith first, family second, football third ...

Family First.   

36 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Just keep the rumored religious crap out of the locker room.  

Derek Carr: Faith first, family second, football third ...

Family First.   

Shady I like your takes 99% of the time on here; have to disagree with you on this one though. Everyone’s own take on faith is an intensely personal decision that they have to make for themselves, and I doubt Carr’s faith choices have had any bearing whatsoever on the Raiders locker room this year. My statement of taking Carr over Bortles is a purely football take—have no idea what’s going on in either man’s heart. 

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Shady I like your takes 99% of the time on here; have to disagree with you on this one though. Everyone’s own take on faith is an intensely personal decision that they have to make for themselves, and I doubt Carr’s faith choices have had any bearing whatsoever on the Raiders locker room this year. My statement of taking Carr over Bortles is a purely football take—have no idea what’s going on in either man’s heart. 

Sorry.  Didn't mean to turn this that way.  As to the rumors, they are rumors and all rumors are based on some truth. 

when the incident happened that I recalled I read up on it a little.   He's devoted, and I'm fine with that. To each his own. 

I was raised Catholic and I've seen enough with religion to say - let me deal with it my own way.  He can do as he likes,  just don't preach to me.  And if he preached to his teammates he overstepped  imo. 

As to him as a QB,  I agree.  He's better than what we've had. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Sorry.  Didn't mean to turn this that way.  As to the rumors, they are rumors and all rumors are based on some truth. 

when the incident happened that I recalled I read up on it a little.   He's devoted, and I'm fine with that. To each his own. 

I was raised Catholic and I've seen enough with religion to say - let me deal with it my own way.  He can do as he likes,  just don't preach to me.  And if he preached to his teammates he overstepped  imo. 

As to him as a QB,  I agree.  He's better than what we've had. 

Spot on, per usual Shady 

• Thank you (+1) 1