Survivor Pool

Doc

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup.  Bengals looked like the better team and had extra time to rest and prepare.

In any case, I won with my survivor pick (Bears) so it's all good.

Me too, it was more of a nail biter then I expected. Although I was worreid when I read earlier that the Cards would go to Rosen if Bradford struggled.

I figured the Bears defence would hold the cards offence, but always had this sinking feeling that Trubisky is going to be another Bortles and their offence will struggle for points......

Still alive having only used The Ravens, Saints, and Bears.

18 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Me too, it was more of a nail biter then I expected. Although I was worreid when I read earlier that the Cards would go to Rosen if Bradford struggled.

I figured the Bears defence would hold the cards offence, but always had this sinking feeling that Trubisky is going to be another Bortles and their offence will struggle for points......

Still alive having only used The Ravens, Saints, and Bears.

I agree on your take.  As I said above, this is the only game this year I'd favor/take the Bears, and I'm glad it worked out.  And on a side note, it was incredibly stupid for Nagy not to have Trubisky play a single snap in pre-season.  What a dope!

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

21 of the last 27 chose the Vikes this week.  Only 3-4 people left (depending on Cheatriots game) out of 100 only 3 weeks in.  Crazy.

Crazy, indeed. I took the Lions in Week 1 of the TBD Survivor Pool...first time I´ve ever been eliminated in Week 1. A buddy in my fantasy league started one for the league  beginning this week, $20 per person. Everyone took the Vikings...except me. I took the Rams. Pool over. ? :beer:

Shortest. Pool. Ever.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I agree on your take.  As I said above, this is the only game this year I'd favor/take the Bears, and I'm glad it worked out.  And on a side note, it was incredibly stupid for Nagy not to have Trubisky play a single snap in pre-season.  What a dope!

He didnt play in the Preseason?

I wasn't following the Bears, I just figured he didn't play against the Bills because it was the 4th game.

Trubisky seems likely to end up as another Bortles. Drafted early, but not good enough to carry a team as a franchise QB. Probabl be a better backup to come in for a game or 2 but not someone who will lead you anywhere and require you to rest your hopes on the defence carrying the team (or a really good run game)

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

Next weekend I'm thinking Chargers.

Thats sounds like the best choice, especially now without Garapollo

Otherwise maybe the Chiefs over broncos (although a divisional game could be a bad move)

Surprisingly the next best choice might be the Browns over Raiders?

21 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

He didnt play in the Preseason?

I wasn't following the Bears, I just figured he didn't play against the Bills because it was the 4th game.

Trubisky seems likely to end up as another Bortles. Drafted early, but not good enough to carry a team as a franchise QB. Probabl be a better backup to come in for a game or 2 but not someone who will lead you anywhere and require you to rest your hopes on the defence carrying the team (or a really good run game)

Thats sounds like the best choice, especially now without Garapollo

Otherwise maybe the Chiefs over broncos (although a divisional game could be a bad move)

Surprisingly the next best choice might be the Browns over Raiders?

My bad.  He played a little of game 2 (of 5 for them) and first half of 3, which was game 2 for the other team.  Nothing in the 1st, 4th, and 5th.  Dumb.

And the only reason I'm taking the Chargers is because SF will be without JG.  Beathard is garbage.

Edited by Doc

45 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Everyone, including myself, in my survivor took the Vikes except for 1 person!  Lucky for the rest of us, they took the Pats!  Hahaha, so all of us that were alive this week push and survive another week.  Thanks LIONS!

Who the heck does the Vikes Bills in a survivor league. If you think the Bills are THAT bad, you save them for later when they play an equally poor team. You pick the Vikings at that time and you lose the Vikings. You pick the easy games you're not going to last in a game of attrition.

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Who the heck does the Vikes Bills in a survivor league. If you think the Bills are THAT bad, you save them for later when they play an equally poor team. You pick the Vikings at that time and you lose the Vikings. You pick the easy games you're not going to last in a game of attrition.

There was only 4 of us left after like 85% of the players lost week 1 on Saints, and I didn’t like many other matchups nor did I trust the Vikings in a tough game later.  It’s a $500 small survivor league, usually wraps between weeks 4 and 7

Edited by Alphadawg7

So, using my "avoid the most popular pick" strategy I've still got one entry alive in two pools -- one that started with over 950 entries (down to 78) and one that started with nearly 600 entries (down to 64).  It was fun watching my Bills be responsible for the carnage of last Sunday also.

Haven't looked at this week's slate yet in detail but the Chargers hosting SF jumps out.  You've also got Seattle at Arizona and Jacksonville hosting the Jets.  I'll probably go with one of those three.

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There was only 4 of us left after like 85% of the players lost week 1 on Saints, and I didn’t like many other matchups nor did I trust the Vikings in a tough game later.  It’s a $500 small survivor league, usually wraps between weeks 4 and 7

yeah they don't last long. Because people pick the obvious wins early and are like "crap!, I don't have Saints or Chiefs to play. Better pick this Vikings game.." //either loses, or has no sure bet going forward after that.

I'll join next year for some easy money :)

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Got knocked out last week thanks to the Jags.   Next year I’m going to buy more entries. 

I was this close to taking the Jags, but at the last second opted for the "safe" picks of Minnesota and (shudder) Green Bay.  I never stay up for MNF but I watched that entire 2nd half when I saw the halftime score...whew!

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Got knocked out last week thanks to the Jags.   Next year I’m going to buy more entries. 

You got Bortled!!!!!   

LOL

Sorry Doc.   

1 hour ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I’m taking Jags this week in mine

Who are they playing?  Houston?  

dangerous unless thats all you have to play  imo 

1 hour ago, eball said:

I was this close to taking the Jags, but at the last second opted for the "safe" picks of Minnesota and (shudder) Green Bay.  I never stay up for MNF but I watched that entire 2nd half when I saw the halftime score...whew!

Couldn’t take Minnesota since I’d already taken them. 

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You got Bortled!!!!!   

LOL

Sorry Doc. 

Actually it was their defense that surprised me. They’re horrible now.

• Like (+1) 1