[Vague Title] During the off season , why in the hell didn't the Bills?

9 minutes ago, THE SLAMMER said:

Leave Richie Incognitos contract alone

I dunno, seems like a chicken and egg thing there. He may have already been exhibit some odd behavior before they tried to re-negotiate his contract. While maybe that act set off his fragile psyche, but I have a feeling something would have done it.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

I think the best and fairest item to fill in the blank with is "address concerns on the offensive line."

Beane decide to make do with what as on hand and slap a band aid on the situation rather than go about finding even 1 solid replacement for the losses.

It could really bite us in the ass and be a major knock against Beane down the road.

Will be interesting to see how the line does.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Or more like, why did they.... ask Ritchie to take a pay cut??  I’m clueless as to why they would do that.  Was he bugging out during the season or something??  WTF!

Well, we don't know truly what happened between Ngakoue and Incognito, but that could have been an early sign.

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I think the best and fairest item to fill in the blank with is "address concerns on the offensive line."

Beane decide to make do with what as on hand and slap a band aid on the situation rather than go about finding even 1 solid replacement for the losses.

It could really bite us in the ass and be a major knock against Beane down the road.

Question: who would you have added? Also, during FA, we supposedly did not know Richie was gone (but he was 35, it should be on their mind)? Norwell was a pretty good player, but would be costly (maybe worth it though)? Anyone else you would have added? Do you know that you wouldn't be criticizing them? I played that Fanspeak GM game quite a few time, and I'm no expert, but my research showed most of the available guards and centers were not much better than Bodine level. 

12 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Yeah, but...

I don't think it's a knock on Beane "down the road". Certainly this year.

I believe he purposefully did not address the line because he wanted to see if the young guys can produce. 

I'm not saying it works, but I believe if they suck (as projected), it will be his #1 concern next offseason, which is why I don't think it's a "long term" problem, or something that will drive the narrative on Beane down the road.

That said, I am as frustrated as you are that we have basically no offensive line, but you can't blame him for making QB the priority this year.