NY Times Publishes Op-Ed From Trump Senior Official

Tiberius

So, what I am hearing is that the Op-Ed simultaneously:

A) completely made up by some rando at the "failing" NYT as part of the "lamestream media's" war on Trump, in spite of the fact that it meshes with numerous accounts of people who left.

And

B) Absolutely validates a Deep State conspiracy, probably done at Obama and/or Clinton's behest.

15 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

So, what I am hearing is that the Op-Ed simultaneously:

A) completely made up by some rando at the "failing" NYT as part of the "lamestream media's" war on Trump, in spite of the fact that it meshes with numerous accounts of people who left.

And

B) Absolutely validates a Deep State conspiracy, probably done at Obama and/or Clinton's behest.

Correct.

If it's true, it's direct evidence of a functioning deep state working to under cut the duly elected sitting President.

If it's fiction, it's direct evidence that the NY Times is a functioning part of a deep state narrative designed to undercut the duly elected sitting President.

Either way, it 100% validates the existence of the deep state.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Correct.

If it's true, it's direct evidence of a functioning deep state.

If it's faction, it's direct evidence that the NY Times is a functioning part of a deep state narrative designed to undercut the duly elected sitting President.

That's my point. People are having it both ways.

If it wasn't a legitimate threat to our Constitutional checks and balances, and raises the possibility that the POTUS is a borderline senile and easily manipulated man-child I would find it hilarious that the Deep State wasn't his political opponents or a secret cabal of intelligence officials but his reality show casting by hiring of petty, backstabbing sycophants out purely for their own gain. 

But it is, and I'm not laughing.

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

That's my point. People are having it both ways.

If it wasn't a legitimate threat to our Constitutional checks and balances, and raises the possibility that the POTUS is a borderline senile and easily manipulated man-child I would find it hilarious that the Deep State wasn't his political opponents or a secret cabal of intelligence officials but his reality show casting by hiring of petty, backstabbing sycophants out purely for their own gain. 

But it is, and I'm not laughing.

People are not "having it both ways".

It's simply the reality of the situation.

By advancing the piece the Times has demonstrated that there is a deep state, and that they are one of it's tendrils.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

People are not "having it both ways".

It's simply the reality of the situation.

By advancing the piece the Times has demonstrated that there is a deep state, and that they are one of it's tendrils.

Huh?

If it's quality reporting, then how are they anything other than a responsible press?

40 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Huh?

If it's quality reporting, then how are they anything other than a responsible press?

I'm sorry but an Op-Ed piece from an anonymous source is not quality reporting.  It's not even reporting at all.  It's essentially "sharing" a Facebook post. 

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Huh?

It's not "quality reporting".  They didn't report anything.

They either:

1)  Fabricated a story from the ground up, demonstrating that they are a propaganda arm of a deep state seeking to undermine a duly elected President.

or

2)  The OpEd is real, demonstrating that they are a propaganda arm of a deep state seeking to undermine a duly elected President.

They are complicit either way.  That's all their OpEd served to reveal.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Huh?

26 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm sorry but an Op-Ed piece from an anonymous source is not quality reporting.  It's not even reporting at all.  It's essentially "sharing" a Facebook post. 

Who'd have thought that Democrats this day and age couldn't distinguish opinions and editorials from reporting?

Oh, wait...I know who...

Gary-Oldman-Yelling-Everyone-Leon-The-Pr

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well, they claimed to have checked that the authority was a member of the administration with some clout. If this person has a story in which they claim to be operating a shadow government, that's absolutely a story. It is their reputation and credibility on the line. So, assuming that they actually did verify the identity of the author, the Times is actively working as a free and independent press, which is what they are supposed to do.

The question is the identity of the source and the veracity of what they say. I tend to believe it, as it tracks with what we've seen as outside observers: the biggest policy changes being deregulation and tax code, the orgasm inducers of the conservative wing. Everything else has pretty much ground itself out. The petty backstabbing and paranoia jives with what we heard in Fire and Fury and the Fear books.

So either all these separate competing journalists all fabricated sources and documents to spin coorborating lies...or the dude who claimed to clean up 9/11 rubble personally while also watch Muslim in NJ celebrating is full of a metric ton of crap. 

2 minutes ago, Nanker said:

How much longer before the poison takes effect?

Asking for a friend. 

Considering that their readership has been increasing...i am guessing no time soon.

12 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It's not "quality reporting".  They didn't report anything.

They either:

1)  Fabricated a story from the ground up, demonstrating that they are a propaganda arm of a deep state seeking to undermine a duly elected President.

or

2)  The OpEd is real, demonstrating that they are a propaganda arm of a deep state seeking to undermine a duly elected President.

They are complicit either way.  That's all their OpEd served to reveal.

With two...i don't think you understand how journalism works. Or what complicity is.

They would be complicit if they KILLED the story alerting people to this news. Publishing it has alerted people to a need to remedy the problem. Even progressives think it's dangerous to let those cowards be kleptocrats

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Well, they claimed to have checked that the authority was a member of the administration with some clout. If this person has a story in which they claim to be operating a shadow government, that's absolutely a story. It is their reputation and credibility on the line. So, assuming that they actually did verify the identity of the author, the Times is actively working as a free and independent press, which is what they are supposed to do.

The question is the identity of the source and the veracity of what they say. I tend to believe it, as it tracks with what we've seen as outside observers: the biggest policy changes being deregulation and tax code, the orgasm inducers of the conservative wing. Everything else has pretty much ground itself out. The petty backstabbing and paranoia jives with what we heard in Fire and Fury and the Fear books.

So either all these separate competing journalists all fabricated sources and documents to spin coorborating lies...or the dude who claimed to clean up 9/11 rubble personally while also watch Muslim in NJ celebrating is full of a metric ton of crap. 

Considering that their readership has been increasing...i am guessing no time soon.

With two...i don't think you understand how journalism works. Or what complicity is.

They would be complicit if they KILLED the story alerting people to this news. Publishing it has alerted people to a need to remedy the problem. Even progressives think it's dangerous to let those cowards be kleptocrats

Incorrect.

If it's true what they have done is protect the anonymity of an unelected person serving in government actively working to subvert a duly elected President (the democratic will of the people), and provide them with a platform to propagandize.

IE. working as a propaganda arm of the deep state.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Incorrect.

If it's true what they have done is protect the anonymity of an unelected person serving in government actively working to subvert a duly elected President (the democratic will of the people), and provide them with a platform to propagandize.

IE. working as a propaganda arm of the deep state.

But Trump is a big mean meanie.