LeVeon Bell’s teammates turning on him (update: still not back)

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Can’t they tag him again his salary would be dumb but could always move him for a lower pick bc of it

His next team would be paying him more money than Gurley (you think he feels he should get less?)  for a guy who will likely not be interested in playing out his next contract as written.

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Not if this year goes unacrued. 

He would show up week 10

21 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Well no one forced Bell to agree to the CBA, did they?

CBA is a majority rules vote.

Who says he voted for it?

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

His next team would be paying him more money than Gurley (you think he feels he should get less?)  for a guy who will likely not be interested in playing out his next contract as written.

He would show up week 10

Where is he not likely to play the next contract as written?

He was paid on his rookie deal (like nothing) and played it until the end, and has been franchised since.

5 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

CBA is a majority rules vote.

Who says he voted for it?

He couldn't have since he wasn't in the NFl when it was signed.

Doesn't matter though.  As with any union CBA, when your union ratifies one, you have, through your leadership, accepted the CBA.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He couldn't have since he wasn't in the NFl when it was signed.

Doesn't matter though.  As with any union CBA, when your union ratifies one, you have, through your leadership, accepted the CBA.

Right dude. 

But "bringbackorton" said some BS about bell wasn't forced to sign the CBA, as if he had a choice.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Right dude. 

But "bringbackorton" said some BS about bell wasn't forced to sign the CBA, as if he had a choice.

Yeah that's not how "union" works.  Although I would't doubt that Bell, not the smartest Steeler, thinks it works.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Week 10? Damn. That’s how long he has to show up to get an acrued season?!

Yup, pretty sweet deal, right?  Player cans sit on last year's many millions and show up week 10 to protect his "season" of football.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

you sure?

if they're pissed enough at him they might.

if he doesn't sign it before week 11 (so week 10) then he can't play next year.

Maybe they think they can get something for him in trade (he would have to sign the tag first).  But I doubt that too.

1 hour ago, Wily Dog said:

Bell is an unique back and deserved to be paid for his uniqueness  the first time his contract was up. He is both a  runner and receiver and the Steelers opted to try to pay him for just running . They were being disingenuous and Bell had to sign the offer and the "Stillers" got another year out of  Bell. The  Team knows that if  he signs with  them  this year that they can  overwork  to the point that next year  he will have very little value.  that said  , i wouldn't bet on the Steelers this year  because of the dimension on the team. There will be  players who will side with Bell .

he's not unique.  Gurley had more rushing and receiving yards last year.  McCoy is also essentially a number 2 receiver on the Bills.  Alvin Kamara had more receiving than rushing yards---and had lots of both.

Bell is good, but not unique.

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Maybe they think they can get something for him in trade (he would have to sign the tag first).  But I doubt that too.

he's not unique.  Gurley had more rushing and receiving yards last year.  McCoy is also essentially a number 2 receiver on the Bills.  Alvin Kamara had more receiving than rushing yards---and had lots of both.

Bell is good, but not unique.

If i'm not mistaken, he holds the career yards from scrimmage per game currently, with 128.

He's better than "good".

3 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Team game vs it's jus business.

I would want to move on Bell if i were Tomlin thinking like I think Tomlin thinks. But get as much as possible.

D'head who can ball and has a strong agent.so he likely will get his.

I don't like him cuz his words. But he sure can ring that bell.

tough spot for Pittsburgh as a Team and their Fans.

Very tough...one of the best in the game but I would franchise him too, I don't want to commit to high mileage RBs.

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Fair enough.  but not unique

Don't disagree that there are others with similar things brought to the table, but he constantly brings them every year.

I think he's very good, and I think he deserved gurley $$.

I think the Steelers we're jerking him around so he is playing hardball back, and they are basically playing chicken with each other.

I don't think it's a good look for either side overall, but I generally side with the players, since the owners are notorious for cutting guys at the first sign of decline, with very little player loyalty from most teams.

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Don't disagree that there are others with similar things brought to the table, but he constantly brings them every year.

I think he's very good, and I think he deserved gurley $$.

I think the Steelers we're jerking him around so he is playing hardball back, and they are basically playing chicken with each other.

I don't think it's a good look for either side overall, but I generally side with the players, since the owners are notorious for cutting guys at the first sign of decline, with very little player loyalty from most teams.

He has too many miles on him for that kind of money.  he's just not going to get that elsewhere.  Once he's a free agent, no team will have to make him that kind of offer.

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He has too many miles on him for that kind of money.  he's just not going to get that elsewhere.  Once he's a free agent, no team will have to make him that kind of offer.

Dude's 26, he's got plenty left in the tank, especially because he's not letting the Steelers grind him into the dirt this season.

• Like (+1) 1