LeVeon Bell’s teammates turning on him (update: still not back)

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Pay the man. At the end of the day it’s a business, so you better make as much money as you can. 

10 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I was under the impression they've been trying to pay him $70 million dollars.

Yeah, but he believes he'll get more. 

Nothing wrong with that.

And nothing wrong with the Steelers not wanting to pay him more either ... or the players reacting angrily for that matter. It's all a part of today's game, an interesting situation.

And by the way, this is a small point, but worth making ... they aren't trying to pay him $70 million. They're trying to give him a contract which would pay him $70 million if he stays on the team for the duration of the contract. I don't think the details are out there yet on how much he would make if he got a career-ending injury after one year, or if he wore out in two years and was cut. The exact details of contracts are very important, making contracts much more or less inviting than just the final figure. We've all seen back-loaded contract offers like SF's offer for Nate Clements where the final figure was huge but the last year or two had him receiving a large percentage of that big figure. He had never been intended to receive that whole figure and sure enough was cut just before those huge numbers kicked in. Is the Bell contract like that? I have no idea, but we don't know, do we?

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2