LeVeon Bell’s teammates turning on him (update: still not back)

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

It even states ages in the article that if he plays on the franchise tag again next year - with the huge increase that makes to over 17.4 million for 2019 (all guaranteed). It will only be a million less than he would have been payed taking the Steelers deal with the signing bonus for 2018-2019.

Yes there is a chance he gets hurt, but if that happens this year and he gets cut - he will make next to nothing going forward and only get the franchise of 14 million for the year.

He has a chance to make huge money after this year - so I get it, but he is also still taking a risk.

The point is, accepting the franchise this year means that he gets $14.5, then $17.4 if they do it again next year.

Why would he accept an offer that is equal to the franchise tag?

They are abusing the system.

He told them before the offseason he didn't want the franchise, and would feel very offended if they tagged him.

They went ahead and did it anyway, then offered him the exact same contract that 2018 and 2019 franchise tags would pay him.

It was a pretty sh*tty move by them.

The problem with accepting the offer with only $10 mil guaranteed, which turned out to be equal to the franchise if they did 2018 and 2019, then he's stuck on a team that he feels disrespected him, and they gamed the franchise system, for another 3 years.

If he takes the franchise this year, then they do it again next year, he can walk.

8 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Unless they tag him again next year to either force a trade or hold his rights.

Third year in a row would look really bad for them as well.

You are correct on that one though, they could do that.

Its pretty crappy IMO for his teammates to turn on him.  This is his LAST big payday as a RB, it will never happen again for him.  He is 27 and this contract will last until he is past his ideal age for a RB.  Of all positions, the RB is the shortest life span and his teammates should realize that and that this is a business and let them handle his own business.  

Its not like he is personally trying to let his teammates down, this is it for him.  A 27 year old QB, WR, DE, DB, etc likely will still get another good to big contract after this...but not a RB, they get small deals when they are 29, 30, 31, etc.  To throw him under the bus in the media was pretty crappy IMO.  

Remember when Brett Farve threw Javon Walker under the bus for the same thing...Walker reported after that WITHOUT his contract and tore his ACL and was never the same player again.  

Makes me wonder if Bell maybe just isnt very likable in the locker room to see so many teammates turn on him like that so suddenly.  

I honestly believe Bell’s most likely team if not the Steelers is the Bills. 

Think about it — Bell’s better than Shady. You got a young QB. You bring in line / WR help in FA, get Bell, and a talented WR/TE....and it can be done next year with the money gets cleared up. I could see Buffalo trading big to get him. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Regardless of player comments it remains the case. 

The players are telling you otherwise.  That it's now between them and Bell as well.

As pointed out in the tweet above, they have dealt with and pardoned his BS over and over.  

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

I honestly believe Bell’s most likely team if not the Steelers is the Bills. 

Think about it — Bell’s better than Shady. You got a young QB. You bring in line / WR help in FA, get Bell, and a talented WR/TE....and it can be done next year with the money gets cleared up. I could see Buffalo trading big to get him. 

No chance they will pay that price.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

The players are telling you otherwise.  That it's now between them and Bell as well.

As pointed out in the tweet above, they have dealt with and pardoned his BS over and over.  

This about money, not anything else. The other things were just that.....other things. 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

He's held out before.

And this thread is about his teammates saying it's not just about money.  

Money is exactly what it's about and it's not a holdout since he's not under contract.  He's well within his rights per the CBA.  Who cares what the teammates say. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No chance they will pay that price.

What’s the price?

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Money is exactly what it's about and it's not a holdout since he's not under contract.  He's well within his rights per the CBA.  Who cares what the teammates say. 

No one says that he isn't within his rights.

But this thread exists because his teammates, this time, have taken issue with his failure to play with them.

I don't know why you keep denying this is an issue other than money when they are making to very clear for you.

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

What’s the price?

The amount the Steelers won't pay him.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No one says that he isn't within his rights.

But this thread exists because his teammates, this time, have taken issue with his failure to play with them.

I don't know why you keep denying this is an issue other than money when they are making to very clear for you.

The amount the Steelers won't pay him.

The thread says it. So what!

None of their business.