Do you remember Baby Rock?

rockpile

My daughter, Nikki, AKA Nicole, AKA Baby Rock was an annual companion to TBDAHOT while she was still in college over a decade ago. Since then she has gotten married and has two beautiful children. 

Her 17 month old son (my youngest Grandson) was diagnosed with high risk Pre-B ALL Leukemia just over a month ago, and during testing also found a rare genetic mutation called Ph-like-ALL.

I have pasted in a portion of his story from his Go Fund Me page, and a link if you are able and inclined to provide help. Many expenses NOT covered by health insurance, are very draining.

At least go to the link and read his story.

https://www.gofundme.com/naamans-fight-vs-leukemia

Naaman’s Fight Against Leukemia

He has been receiving treatment from a wonderful group of doctors and staff at Yale-New Haven Children’s and the Smilow Cancer Hospital. They have laid the groundwork for his treatment plan, which is an intense 6-month period with a total 2-3-year treatment timeline. We are all hopeful for his recovery and understand how difficult a period this will be for not only Naaman but his family as well.

Why gofundme?

Naaman’s parents, Nicole, Neil and their 4-year-old daughter Nadine have had several financial burdens placed on them. During this challenging time their incomes will be reduced to one. There are also several costs beyond the healthcare bills as well as the unknowns needs that undoubtably will arise in the future.  We hope that any donations from family, friends as well as others will help alleviate some of the financial burdens they will face.

We thank each one of you for your continued support of our beloved Cheeky and hope for his full recovery.

2018 papa and namaan 1.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, rockpile said:

He has been receiving treatment from a wonderful group of doctors and staff at Yale-New Haven Children’s and the Smilow Cancer Hospital.

You're in the best hands.  When my daughter had a brain tumor 5 years ago, the team at YNHC/Smilow did an amazing job and took care of us big time.

Good luck.

p.s.  don't forget the silver lining:   Pepe's is just a few miles away.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

They have created a new website, where you can read about my Grandson Naaman's progress, donate to his GoFundMe account, share your stories, and provide information to you about childhood cancer and treaments. 

I am taking a BIG risk sharing it on this forum, so please do not make me regret it! B-)

https://teamnaaman.com/

naamanGallery04-768x512.jpg

Thanks,

Rockpile

Edited by rockpile
add link

Happy to donate. Just over two years ago we lost my mother in law to AML leukemia. We also have a 20 month old so this really hits close to home. Some very close friends of ours went through cancer with their first little guy around the same age. There were certainly some trying times, but now he is a happy & healhy 5 year old and you’d never know he was a cancer survivor. Modern medicine is pretty amazing. Sounds like your family is in great hands with the medical care. I wish you all the best! 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 1:34 PM, rockpile said:

My daughter, Nikki, AKA Nicole, AKA Baby Rock was an annual companion to TBDAHOT while she was still in college over a decade ago. Since then she has gotten married and has two beautiful children. 

Her 17 month old son (my youngest Grandson) was diagnosed with high risk Pre-B ALL Leukemia just over a month ago, and during testing also found a rare genetic mutation called Ph-like-ALL.

I have pasted in a portion of his story from his Go Fund Me page, and a link if you are able and inclined to provide help. Many expenses NOT covered by health insurance, are very draining.

At least go to the link and read his story.

https://www.gofundme.com/naamans-fight-vs-leukemia

Naaman’s Fight Against Leukemia

He has been receiving treatment from a wonderful group of doctors and staff at Yale-New Haven Children’s and the Smilow Cancer Hospital. They have laid the groundwork for his treatment plan, which is an intense 6-month period with a total 2-3-year treatment timeline. We are all hopeful for his recovery and understand how difficult a period this will be for not only Naaman but his family as well.

Why gofundme?

Naaman’s parents, Nicole, Neil and their 4-year-old daughter Nadine have had several financial burdens placed on them. During this challenging time their incomes will be reduced to one. There are also several costs beyond the healthcare bills as well as the unknowns needs that undoubtably will arise in the future.  We hope that any donations from family, friends as well as others will help alleviate some of the financial burdens they will face.

We thank each one of you for your continued support of our beloved Cheeky and hope for his full recovery.

2018 papa and namaan 1.jpg

Naaman is a trooper, but a couple months of tests, shots, transfusions and chemo are not easy on him or his family! Please keep him in your prayers!

image-e1540242217650-768x1024.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Naaman is home after three days of intense chemo treatment. He is understandably irritable and cannot keep food down. Most food tastes bad to him anyway! 

He and his parents are fighters and aggressively treating his leukemia.

His story (journal), a link to GoFundMe, and information about childhood leukemia can be found here:

Naaman is Old Testament, Doc! I never noticed the Bills Naaman football player until you pointed it out!

Ironically Naaman was a warrior cured of Leprosy after being told by the prophet Elisha to bathe seven times in the Jordan River.

I wish it was that easy today. He will be in therapy for a few years, and odds say he can be cured.

team naaman logo.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, rockpile said:

Naaman is home after three days of intense chemo treatment. He is understandably irritable and cannot keep food down. Most food tastes bad to him anyway! 

He and his parents are fighters and aggressively treating his leukemia.

His story (journal), a link to GoFundMe, and information about childhood leukemia can be found here:

Naaman is Old Testament, Doc! I never noticed the Bills Naaman football player until you pointed it out!

Ironically Naaman was a warrior cured of Leprosy after being told by the prophet Elisha to bathe seven times in the Jordan River.

I wish it was that easy today. He will be in therapy for a few years, and odds say he can be cured.

team naaman logo.jpg

Thanks for sharing. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Cheeky was able to get through his latest treatment and come home to celebrate Christmas. 

Life is a roller coaster, though for his whole family. Nicole told me she cannot tell me in the morning what her calendar will be for the afternoon. She is a fighter though, and has passed that on to "Cheeky".  Looking forward to a positive New year, as his chemo treatments continue. 

He filled out quite a bit, and has had fewer melt downs. I imagine chemo is like steroids, his moods sometimes are Banner keeping the Hulk at bay!

He is learning to say "football", Buffalo" and "Ay-Ay Ay Ay! 

IMG_7676-e1545616856972-225x300.jpg  IMG_7621-e1544740514255-225x300.jpg

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a very Happy New Year to all.

Rockpile

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1