[Vague Title] Would you rather.....

Buff76ers

3 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

If I thought this team could win in the playoffs and was built to win now, of course playoffs.

Pragmatically, wanting the best for the next 5 to 10 years. I want the top pick. 

We only lost by a TD last year. And we removed our offensive boat anchor.

Edited by reddogblitz

49 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

As I stated before, I made my determination based on your history and not just today.  I feel it's not misrepresented at all.

My post went over your head. The poster said the exact same thing to me and you called me an internet tough guy. I said the same thing sarcastically to you and you couldn't keep up. 

But it's cool, change the subject and project.

If "getting to the playoffs" means getting run over by Blake Bortles in a one and done debacle again, then I'll take the 1st overall pick in a heartbeat.

I want the Bills to be a team for whom a 9 win season is a stinker; not a reason to celebrate.

44 minutes ago, Buff76ers said:

Really we all want peterman to do great, however if there was the option for this year to get the 1st pick or limp into the playoffs which would you want.  I would take the 1st pick in a heart beat only because our schedule is brutal.  

"Our schedule is brutal" and "better QBs in the draft next year" are the mantras of people who are scared. Fear isn't for football.

I would DEFINITELY take a repeat of getting to the playoffs for a second straight season. 2 seasons under McD and 2 playoffs...yea people take notice. Including those free agent type people that we always just seem to be a bartering chip fir them to get a contract from a better team.

Having the "first pick in the draft" is no guarantee you will get a franchise changing player. It can be good sure, but thete is no promise its not,fools gold and another wasted season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

My post went over your head. The poster said the exact same thing to me and you called me an internet tough guy. I said the same thing sarcastically to you and you couldn't keep up. 

But it's cool, change the subject and project.

LOL....I couldn't keep up?  Do you expect me to read every single post that's in reply to you?  Is that what you expect....or want?

I saw one post with another poster calling you and internet tough guy and I acknowledged it...going off your posting history.  That's it.  

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL....I couldn't keep up?  Do you expect me to read every single post that's in reply to you?  Is that what you expect....or want?

I saw one post with another poster calling you and internet tough guy and I acknowledged it...going off your posting history.  That's it.  

No but if you're going to say you know my history and have followed me, then yea, you should follow every reply to my posts. You clearly already dedicate too much time to me.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

No but if you're going to say you know my history and have followed me, then yea, you should follow every reply to my posts. You clearly already dedicate too much time to me.

Geezus.  I haven't followed you nor did I say I did.  This is a public message board and you have 1,445 posts.  I've seen enough of your posting to determine what type of poster I think you are.  It's my opinion.

You don't have to read 100% of someone's posts/replies to make a determination.  Is this what you really think or something?  LOL.

3 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

There will always be people who are jealous of all those 1st overall picks Cleveland has had over the last few years.   They think Cleveland is the model for building sustained success in the NFL, could not be more misguided.  

Look at the Patriots, did they ever lose out?  EVER?    Or the Eagles?   Did they ever lose out and get the 1st overall pick?  EVER?  Did the Falcons?   How many teams that have played in a super bowl in the past 20 years have tanked a season?    zero.    nada.  none.     But some do not understand the game, so they see the 1st overall pick as something that is going to change an entire 53 man roster/culture into a winning one and of course it never does.    

Indy got close with Luck, but did they play in the super bowl with him yet?   Nope.   They did not.   And it's been years, more than enough.    

Patriots were 1-15 in 1990.

2-14 in 1981 and 1992.

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Actually, no. We've won just enough to be irrelevant for the most part.

I've long said that unless you're going to win AT LEAST 9 games, there's really no point in meaningless late-season wins. Winning 6-8 games a year for decades was a big factor in the drought. Had we had more 2-4 win seasons in there we likely would have had a lot better talent on the team.

From a draft position standpoint, winning after being eliminated serves no purpose. If a team is trying to change its culture, winning after being eliminated isn’t such a bad thing. It is a dirty, double edged sword at times, imo.

Edited by billsfan_34

3 hours ago, Buff76ers said:

Would you rather have the Bills make the playoffs again this year or get the 1st pick in the draft? 

Unlike a lot of the people responding to your post, I understand what you are getting at.

But if we are going to make the playoffs this year, it's because either Peterman, Allen, or BOTH prove to be pretty good, effective QBs....which greatly diminishes the value of that first overall pick.  

If you aren't going to need or get a "sure thing" QB with the 1st overall pick, it's value is less than a playoff berth.

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

Yeah, I really do not want to fall the Browns model. 

I understand that. The browns remind me of a quote from George on Seinfeld where he says something along the lines of "a few bad strangers with a bad reputation... ruining it for all of us!" But I understand anyone not agreeing with that style of building a team in the nfl.

Just now, Fadingpain said:

Unlike a lot of the people responding to your post, I understand what you are getting at.

But if we are going to make the playoffs this year, it's because either Peterman, Allen, or BOTH prove to be pretty good, effective QBs....which greatly diminishes the value of that first overall pick.  

If you aren't going to need or get a "sure thing" QB with the 1st overall pick, it's value is less than a playoff berth.

You may get a big offer for that 1st pick or a franchise changing pass rusher like Myles Garrett is about to be. Unless Eric Fisher is going to be the 1st pick there is never a bad year to have the top pick.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Geezus.  I haven't followed you nor did I say I did.  This is a public message board and you have 1,445 posts.  I've seen enough of your posting to determine what type of poster I think you are.  It's my opinion.

You don't have to read 100% of someone's posts/replies to make a determination.  Is this what you really think or something?  LOL.

Yea, I'm not taking that bait. You made your point at the least opportune time, and it's flat out wrong. I'm done with this