[Vague Title] Would you rather.....

Buff76ers

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Eagles traded up to get their guy at the top of the draft. They don't really support your point. If Allen doesn't pan out and we make the playoffs, then I'm fine with giving up picks to get the guy.

They don't really fit your narrative. The pats lucked out with Brady, anyone trying to build a team like the pats did just doesn't get it.

Matt Ryan was selected 3rd, again doesn't really fit your narrative. You're acting as if these teams were in the playoffs year in and out and just drafted talent late. The Eagles and Falcons, two of your examples drafted their current QBs in the top 3 and I didn't even mention Julio. 

The Eagles perfectly support my point, they didn't lose out, they moved up for their guy.   The Falcons were bad, they didn't intentionally tank for Ryan they just took him and built a team around him, no one accused them of tanking a season.  

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

all they do is lose so yea, i agree.   Winning is the exact opposite and that's what I want this team to do.   The Eagles went from 7-9 to winning the super bowl it's possible with the right people in place and the right team culture.    McDermott is building the right culture IMO.   I also don't get why we would need a high draft pick with 10 draft picks and 65 million in cap space, if you can't use those resources to finish this roster, then we need a lot more help than one draft pick. 

The Eagles drafted Wentz 2. You're wrong.

Winning to lose isn't fun. You don't get it. And for a number 1 overall pick, I'd like to think you hit it, it's a game changer at an important and he's here for a decade. It's obvious this is beyond you. 

You think you can win now with this roster? I want a contender not a wildcard team, that's the loser just happy to exist attitude.

You're not worth it...keep hoping to lose.....

Who said anything about tanking?

You injected that.

The question was would you rather make the playoffs or have the 1st overall pick. One choice represents success, one failure.   My preference is we win games.   Not lose games.    This team is not bad enough to pick 1st overall, don't believe the hype. THe only way we pick 1st overall is if we tanked or traded up.   

EDIT: we have no need to trade up to 1st overall.  

Edited by Soda Popinski

4 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

The question was would you rather make the playoffs or have the 1st overall pick. One choice represents success, one failure.   My preference is we win games.   Not lose games.    This team is not bad enough to pick 1st overall, don't believe the hype. THe only way we pick 1st overall is if we tanked or traded up.   

EDIT: we have no need to trade up to 1st overall.  

I agree... the team won't pick 1st and it would be the most inopportune time to considering we just drafted a qb.

However, if we're not in the playoffs, which I don't think we'll be. Or if we're just gonna go lose and not score a td in a wildcard game, I'd rather pick 1st.

It's pretty simple, I want a Superbowl or at least the belief my team can do it. If I don't, what do I get out of it? A higher draft pick helps build towards that in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

You know nothing about me.....you want to insult me and go at it let me know......

Child please. You're funny. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

I agree... the team won it pick 1st and it would be the most inopportune time to considering we just drafted a qb.

However, if we're not in the playoffs, which I don't think we'll be. Or if we're just gonna go lose and not score a td in a wildcard game, I'd rather pick 1st.

It's pretty simple, I want a Superbowl or at least the belief my team can do it. If I don't, what do I get out of it? A higher draft pick helps build towards that in my opinion.

Child please. You're funny. 

ahh, you're the tough internet person...well done

one player is not getting this team to a super bowl.   If we were the Jaguars and were a QB away then I would have either signed Bridgewater or moved up in 2018 for a QB. but they didn't.   This team has our QB of the future.  we have no need to use capitol to move up for an edge rusher or LT we have other needs to fill that the 65 million in cap space and 10 draft picks will cover. 

Just now, nucci said:

ahh, you're the tough internet person...well done

The one saying you don't know me and let me know if you want to go at it is calling me the internet tough guy?

You essentially threatened me, which I don't care and ignored btw, your lack of self awareness is amazing.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Hes always like this.

Poster called me a loser for just saying I'd  prefer the 1st pick over the playoffs, for just this year.

Should I have thanked him?

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Hell I'd rather have Khalil Mack than the 2019 1st overall pick if we're just going to speculate. 

I don't mind that. He's a proven commodity in the league. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B