[Vague Title] Would you rather.....

Buff76ers

1 minute ago, nucci said:

You'd rather be the worst team in the league than make the playoffs......Brilliant....

If I thought this team could win in the playoffs and was built to win now, of course playoffs.

Pragmatically, wanting the best for the next 5 to 10 years. I want the top pick. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, nucci said:

You'd rather be the worst team in the league than make the playoffs......Brilliant....

There will always be people who are jealous of all those 1st overall picks Cleveland has had over the last few years.   They think Cleveland is the model for building sustained success in the NFL, could not be more misguided.  

Look at the Patriots, did they ever lose out?  EVER?    Or the Eagles?   Did they ever lose out and get the 1st overall pick?  EVER?  Did the Falcons?   How many teams that have played in a super bowl in the past 20 years have tanked a season?    zero.    nada.  none.     But some do not understand the game, so they see the 1st overall pick as something that is going to change an entire 53 man roster/culture into a winning one and of course it never does.    

Indy got close with Luck, but did they play in the super bowl with him yet?   Nope.   They did not.   And it's been years, more than enough.    

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

There will always be people who are jealous of all those 1st overall picks Cleveland has had over the last few years.   They think Cleveland is the model for building sustained success in the NFL, could not be more misguided.  

Look at the Patriots, did they ever lose out?  EVER?    Or the Eagles?   Did they ever lose out and get the 1st overall pick?  EVER?  Did the Falcons?   How many teams that have played in a super bowl in the past 20 years have tanked a season?    zero.    nada.  none.     But some do not understand the game, so they see the 1st overall pick as something that is going to change an entire 53 man roster/culture into a winning one and of course it never does.    

Indy got close with Luck, but did they play in the super bowl with him yet?   Nope.   They did not.   And it's been years, more than enough.    

Great post. Whatever Cleveland does, do the exact opposite. How many years of sucking does it take to become successful?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

If I thought this team could win in the playoffs and was built to win now, of course playoffs.

Pragmatically, wanting the best for the next 5 to 10 years. I want the top pick. 

good for you.....again, you would prefer to be the worst team in the league this season rather than make the playoffs....definition of a loser.....5-10 years in too far in the future in the NFL...most contracts are 4-5 years in length....you have a small window to win....I know some of you were not around during the SB years but just to let you know...it was a lot of fun....winning is better than losing

Just now, Soda Popinski said:

Eagles traded up to get their guy at the top of the draft. They don't really support your point. If Allen doesn't pan out and we make the playoffs, then I'm fine with giving up picks to get the guy.

They don't really fit your narrative. The pats lucked out with Brady, anyone trying to build a team like the pats did just doesn't get it.

Matt Ryan was selected 3rd, again doesn't really fit your narrative. You're acting as if these teams were in the playoffs year in and out and just drafted talent late. The Eagles and Falcons, two of your examples drafted their current QBs in the top 3 and I didn't even mention Julio. 

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Great post. Whatever Cleveland does, do the exact opposite. How many years of sucking does it take to become successful?

all they do is lose so yea, i agree.   Winning is the exact opposite and that's what I want this team to do.   The Eagles went from 7-9 to winning the super bowl it's possible with the right people in place and the right team culture.    McDermott is building the right culture IMO.   I also don't get why we would need a high draft pick with 10 draft picks and 65 million in cap space, if you can't use those resources to finish this roster, then we need a lot more help than one draft pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

good for you.....again, you would prefer to be the worst team in the league this season rather than make the playoffs....definition of a loser.....5-10 years in too far in the future in the NFL...most contracts are 4-5 years in length....you have a small window to win....I know some of you were not around during the SB years but just to let you know...it was a lot of fun....winning is better than losing

Winning to lose isn't fun. You don't get it. And for a number 1 overall pick, I'd like to think you hit it, it's a game changer at an important and he's here for a decade. It's obvious this is beyond you. 

You think you can win now with this roster? I want a contender not a wildcard team, that's the loser just happy to exist attitude.