[Vague Title] Would you rather.....

Buff76ers

21 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I understand that. The browns remind me of a quote from George on Seinfeld where he says something along the lines of "a few bad strangers with a bad reputation... ruining it for all of us!" But I understand anyone not agreeing with that style of building a team in the nfl.

Old Dirty- thats a good analogy! If we tanked 1 season for our franchise QB I would be OK with it. With todays NFL, if you have to tank multiple seasons then it may be an indication of much larger problems internally. Anyways, I am hopeful for a great season starting this weekend but my realistic side tells me it may be a tough one- Cheers!

• Like (+1) 1

Nope, I'm done with all the Draft high b.s......I've seen years of Bills teams being bad and old enough to remember the best years of 4 straight Super Bowls - not old enough to remember OJ / Kemp - but it's time. And with Beane and his team at the helm, I truly believe the Bills can continue to get great talent in the late 1st and throughout the Draft. We forget it wasn't *that* long ago the Draft rounds went into the teens and decent players were found. Now, I know this is a different era, I'm merely saying that if a team does their job the right way, then a team can find good to great players anywhere in the Draft. 

I for one would take another playoff year - this time based solely on the Bills' wins and team effort and not based primarily on other teams losing - and Draft in the bottom portion of the order. Because that to me means two consecutive years of playoff football indicating a true change in culture and destiny for the team. Add to the mix younger players and great Cap and Draft position and yes - this is a team that if trajectory continues, will be bright and redeeming. 

43 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I for one would take another playoff year - this time based solely on the Bills' wins and team effort and not based primarily on other teams losing

We got in based on the rules the NFL set up before the season.  We won more Conference games than any of the other 9-7 teams.  So, we did get in based on the games we won.

Can't we just say we made the playoffs without all the apologizing and blaming luck and saying we're not worthy? Teams back in all the time.  We helped a few during the drought get in but I never heard any of them moaning about it.

Bills done good in 2017. No need to make excuses for it.

16 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

We got in based on the rules the NFL set up before the season.  We won more Conference games than any of the other 9-7 teams.  So, we did get in based on the games we won.

Can't we just say we made the playoffs without all the apologizing and blaming luck and saying we're not worthy? Teams back in all the time.  We helped a few during the drought get in but I never heard any of them moaning about it.

Bills done good in 2017. No need to make excuses for it.

Um, no. Of course duh...the Bills got in based on the rules of the NFL, otherwise, they...um...wouldn't have made the playoffs. And as I referenced making the playoffs two years in a row would make this culture change ramped up into full swing - so that means I gave credit for the playoffs. But there is a true marked difference between winning your Division or missing the Division record but still winning double digit games and not waiting until the very last second of another game to end to know you've earned your way into the playoffs. Additionally, since I used it as a building year, I indicated I wanted to see the team get better, meaning progress - which does not detract from the accomplishment of making the drought. As for other teams: I don't give a camel's poo as to what other teams did in other years. I want a winner. A dominant winner. That's the end of the story. Anything else are all window dressing for helping us with our feelings. 

As for never heard any moaning about it....um, there were plenty of moans going around when the Bills lost to the Steelers with Mike Mularkey, not to mention when the Jets made it or the Pats won with Cassel, etc. Again, I didn't take away from the playoff berth or that finally the drought was snapped. But if the Bills had found a way in to the playoffs in similar fashion but won 11 games, no one would say anything. It was just the fact of making it into the playoffs the way they did, and HOW they played as a whole.

Also....no excuses were made, just context provided. If that's excuses then that's your version and no need to discuss further. 

Rant done.

Edited by BigBuff423

4 hours ago, Buff76ers said:

It’s not a looser mentality.  The Bills are projected to get like 3 wins this year. Their schedule is brutal.  I’m simply implying that with the choice you could take the 1st pick and do a lot with it rather than pick middle of the crowd and limp into the playoffs.  If we didn’t have such a bad schedule I would rethink it.  It’s like asking yourself would you like to see peterman successful or be dreadful and get the Allen era started.  

I can't take you seriously with the "looser" mentality post :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

Um, no. Of course duh...the Bills got in based on the rules of the NFL, otherwise, they...um...wouldn't have made the playoffs. And as I referenced making the playoffs two years in a row would make this culture change ramped up into full swing - so that means I gave credit for the playoffs. But there is a true marked difference between winning your Division or missing the Division record but still winning double digit games and not waiting until the very last second of another game to end to know you've earned your way into the playoffs. Additionally, since I used it as a building year, I indicated I wanted to see the team get better, meaning progress - which does not detract from the accomplishment of making the drought. As for other teams: I don't give a camel's poo as to what other teams did in other years. I want a winner. A dominant winner. That's the end of the story. Anything else are all window dressing for helping us with our feelings. 

As for never heard any moaning about it....um, there were plenty of moans going around when the Bills lost to the Steelers with Mike Mularkey, not to mention when the Jets made it or the Pats won with Cassel, etc. Again, I didn't take away from the playoff berth or that finally the drought was snapped. But if the Bills had found a way in to the playoffs in similar fashion but won 11 games, no one would say anything. It was just the fact of making it into the playoffs the way they did, and HOW they played as a whole.

Also....no excuses were made, just context provided. If that's excuses then that's your version and no need to discuss further. 

Rant done.

Nice rant.

Yeah. PLAYOFFS !!

WE made it last year and you're right 2 in a row would be sweet.

I'm not ruling it out.  In fact, I expect it.

"When I walk on the field i don't want to win, I expect to win." - - Chan Gailey