Check in on Ravens Board

JinxedBill1

7 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

He has almost 9k yards and 61 tds over the last two seasons

Last year he posted 4500 with 21 td 10 int

And they missed the playoffs again, despite having a tremendous defense.

Some teams definitely have more skilled players at certain positions , but there are no teams with 32 probowlers on their roster. To make it to the NFL you must have talent. If the coaches can get the TEAM ready, and if the players get themselves ready to battle , then it will be a game. Hopefully Daboll trully will work on match ups instead of the old First down Shady up the middle, second down Shady wide to the left, Third down 1 yard pass to the wide receiver in the flats , 4th down Punt bills offense from last year. Hopefully the defensive line will plug running lanes rather than play bullfighter .

GO BILLS start off ready to play not waiting for the second half !!!

14 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Okay?

We made the playoffs last year with Tyrod.

Every GM in history would take Rivers over Tyrod.

What's your point?

That Rivers is not thst good and he hasn’t won squat in over a decade

17 minutes ago, Art in RTP said:

Some teams definitely have more skilled players at certain positions , but there are no teams with 32 probowlers on their roster. To make it to the NFL you must have talent. If the coaches can get the TEAM ready, and if the players get themselves ready to battle , then it will be a game. Hopefully Daboll trully will work on match ups instead of the old First down Shady up the middle, second down Shady wide to the left, Third down 1 yard pass to the wide receiver in the flats , 4th down Punt bills offense from last year. Hopefully the defensive line will plug running lanes rather than play bullfighter .

GO BILLS start off ready to play not waiting for the second half !!!

The Bills have very little proven talent on their roster, which is why Ravens fans and the national media don't think much of them.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I continue to think that we will be pleasantly surprised by Peterman. Okay, based on what he did last year the bar is pretty low. But even if just 80% of the Peterman we saw in the pre-season shows up he will play fairly well. And love the fact that a lot of their fans are thinking shut out as predictions like that in the NFL often turn the other way.

Huh?  80% of the only QB to turn the ball over?  80% of the guy whose first pass against Cleveland scrubs now working at Jiffy Lube was a dropped pick 6?  80% of Peterman and we are gonna get destroyed.  The ONLY way we can win this game is if Peterman plays better than he did in the preseason.  You guys forget, Peterman MOSTLY played against scrubs...and guess what, all 3 QB's had good moments against scrubs, but the only 2 QB's to face a legit first string offense got destroyed behind this line (AJM and Allen in weeks 2 and 3).  NP didn't face a real first team, it was the first game of the preseason against partial starters and a vanilla D he will never actually face in a real game.  And yet he still threw an INT.  

Sorry, but some of you are still way over exaggerating preseason...NP needs to bring his best or we are getting destroyed.  And we still don't even know if his best is good enough to win in the NFL.  I will be rooting for him, would be awesome to see him go in there and upset the Ravens.  But man people are obsessed with over exaggerating preseason, especially if not considering the context of the performance either.  NP has a LOT to prove this Sunday, and it won't be easy.  And if he does, he will start to earn the right for more optimism.  I like the kid, so would be great to see him do well...I am just cautiously reserved at this point and not buying into the fools gold of preseason that gets people over hyped every year on players.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

We are 31st in the current power rankings. Only the talentless Colts (other than Luck) are ranked lower. I see no reason why this should surprise anyone. That said, I think Petermann is better than most everyone assumes, but he's going to be running for his life and have few open receivers to throw to in order to get the ball out quickly. Yes, he is better than they think, but I doubt he'll have a chance to show it. This OL struggled last year and at times were completely overmatched. Now they are even worse. I hope Petermann survives.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Ravens predicting shut outs and blow outs across the board.

https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?166101-The-OFFICIAL-Ravens-v-Bills-Opening-Day-Prediction-Thread/page2

While I admit I'm not sure what we will look like, these fans are extremely drinking the coolaid for the first game.  Got to love it.

One could say the same thing here too.  Given our OL, OL coach, no breakaway speed on offense it's easy to see why a fan of an opposing team would think this.  Plus it's at their house where they tend to do well in opening games.  At the end of the day, yes the games are played on the field and anything can happen, but if we are talking about the way people think and why they think what the think, if I was a big Ravens fan and looking at all the information on the Bills, I'd think the same thing.  Talent and experience wise it's not even close.  What happens on Sunday may not say that, but if I'm a fan of the team with the superior talent I'd easily say we should run these guys off the field quickly.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Good post.  I agree.

I don't recall McDermott expressing concern about the Oline in preseason.  It didn't look good to us fans, but we may not have seen then what we'll see in the regular season; I really hope I'm right about that.  McD's concern was the penalties, from what I saw.

it wasn't open mic at Tee Hee's, so he and everyone else avoiding talking about the O-line

1 hour ago, mannc said:

And they missed the playoffs again, despite having a tremendous defense.

If they had a kicker last year we are still talking about the drought

I also don't see how people can rank the Bills so low. They had the 31st ranked passing offense for three years and decided to change that. The o line is a question but the defense should be solid.

I dont think this is a playoff team, but I think the overall talent on this roster is good enough to win 5-8 games if the ball bounces the right way

Edited by Captain Hindsight

5 hours ago, AllenWillBust said:

Each Bills fan just has to look at how much they themselves know about other teams around the league before they B word about Ravens fans.  Most of us only know what the national media tell us. The national media is telling all NFL fans that the Bills will suck hard, so I can't blame any NFL fan for thinking their team will have a bye week against the Bills. 

And yeah, having Peterman as the face of your franchise is not the greatest thing right now...

Are you a Bills fan?  Seriously?  Your avatar is Allen holding a Jersey saying "bust"?  wow.  Go root for the Pats. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Huh?  80% of the only QB to turn the ball over?  80% of the guy whose first pass against Cleveland scrubs now working at Jiffy Lube was a dropped pick 6?  80% of Peterman and we are gonna get destroyed.  The ONLY way we can win this game is if Peterman plays better than he did in the preseason.  You guys forget, Peterman MOSTLY played against scrubs...and guess what, all 3 QB's had good moments against scrubs, but the only 2 QB's to face a legit first string offense got destroyed behind this line (AJM and Allen in weeks 2 and 3).  NP didn't face a real first team, it was the first game of the preseason against partial starters and a vanilla D he will never actually face in a real game.  And yet he still threw an INT.  

Sorry, but some of you are still way over exaggerating preseason...NP needs to bring his best or we are getting destroyed.  And we still don't even know if his best is good enough to win in the NFL.  I will be rooting for him, would be awesome to see him go in there and upset the Ravens.  But man people are obsessed with over exaggerating preseason, especially if not considering the context of the performance either.  NP has a LOT to prove this Sunday, and it won't be easy.  And if he does, he will start to earn the right for more optimism.  I like the kid, so would be great to see him do well...I am just cautiously reserved at this point and not buying into the fools gold of preseason that gets people over hyped every year on players.

Certainly agree with the bolded in general, and that Peterman will need to perform to the best of his abilities for the Bills to compete.  People in general, even though they would swear they are not, place way to much faith in what they see in meaningless pre-season games.  This includes performance of the OL, of the defense, and the QBs, etc.  I think we are virtually all guilty of this to some degree. We will begin to see what we really have this Sunday and in the weeks to come.  I believe this will be something of a work in progress, but we will see what game planning, specific preparation for a team and individual opponents, and real live bullets looks like with this team for the first time.  

9 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Certainly agree with the bolded in general, and that Peterman will need to perform to the best of his abilities for the Bills to compete.  People in general, even though they would swear they are not, place way to much faith in what they see in meaningless pre-season games.  This includes performance of the OL, of the defense, and the QBs, etc.  I think we are virtually all guilty of this to some degree. We will begin to see what we really have this Sunday and in the weeks to come.  I believe this will be something of a work in progress, but we will see what game planning, specific preparation for a team and individual opponents, and real live bullets looks like with this team for the first time.  

Tom Brady has nothing to prove in preseason.

That doesn't apply to unproven NFL QBs for preseason

Horrible NFL game, ran for his life in preseason does not mean Peterman is ready to dominate

• Like (+1) 1