Check in on Ravens Board

JinxedBill1

Eh fans being fans. Over the years I have realized that Ravens fans in general are spoiled to a near Patriots level expectation wise. Even though the Bills and Ravens have both been .500 teams since 2014 their fans think wayyyy higher of themselves then us.

Most of that is national media coverage. Baltimore did at some nice WR's and looked decent preseason. The Bills...well even though Peterman actually played excellent all preseason and seemed to grow while the team didnt play their top RB or a lot of their d-line starters are dominated solely by the narrative of Petermans 5 INTs last season and O-line issues. Not saying the Bills won't have issues on O line or that Peterman can't struggle, but its an easy narrative to run with nationally.

This is the exact type of sleeper game people overlook where Buffalo is farrr closer then everyone nationally expects. Also Buffalo only got trounced twice last season (NOLA/LAC), the rest of the year they were highly competitive every game and I wouldn't expect much else.

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Charges are getting a lot of preseason pub

Rivers has become West Coast Fitzy. You could get 4+ TDs or 4+ picks, it’s Russian roulette. He has to put his entire body into any throw over 20 yards. Their kicker situation will do them in again. It was so bad they almost went with Roberto Aguayo. They also gave the most sleep inducing, predictable play calling in the league. 

2 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

I 10000% agree with it too.

Wouldnt you be. Allen will get killed behind this O-line.

Well any QB will get killed. 

It had little to do with the Bills O Line but their past history against rookie QB's.  No wins by one in a long time.  thought they did mention Trubisky walked away with a win.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rivers has become West Coast Fitzy. You could get 4+ TDs or 4+ picks, it’s Russian roulette. He has to put his entire body into any throw over 20 yards. Their kicker situation will do them in again. It was so bad they almost went with Roberto Aguayo. They also gave the most sleep inducing, predictable play calling in the league. 

I have Denver winning the division. Improved running game, steady hand at QB, surrounded by capable pass catching options. Chubb/Miller, case closed.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I have Denver winning the division. Improved running game, steady hand at QB, surrounded by capable pass catching options. Chubb/Miller, case closed.

Chargers are going to be incredibly amped for their game vs KC who they haven’t beaten in awhile (chiefs have won 8 straight!), they always had problems with Alex Smith. He’s gone now and KC defense is trash. I expect them to win that game easily and come into Buffalo very overconfident for a # of reasons. should be interesting.

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

giphy.gif

Lol was that Kiko with the INT?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal C believes the Chargers have the best top to bottom roster in the AFC.  Do you agree with that?

Most balanced but not best team because Brady and BB are significantly better than Rivers and Lynn

Can't say i disagree with Ravens fans.  They look better than last season and the Bills look to be over-matched in this one unless the D shows up in a huge way.  I like Peterman, I'm not a hater... I'm really hoping the guy can keep the chains moving and use some ball control offense to limit the Ravens chances.

Between the offensive line turnover, the new quarterback and lack of WR depth, it's easy to look in from the outside and not see anything. Hell, nobody really knows what to expect yet on that side of the ball. But I'm still trying to figure out why so many people think the defense is a sieve.

"Buffalo sucks" has just become the nation's default mode. No thought or insight necessary. Just got to go out and prove them wrong.   

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Dave Allen said:

Between the offensive line turnover, the new quarterback and lack of WR depth, it's easy to look in from the outside and not see anything. Hell, nobody really knows what to expect yet on that side of the ball. But I'm still trying to figure out why so many people think the defense is a sieve.

"Buffalo sucks" has just become the nation's default mode. No thought or insight necessary. Just got to go out and prove them wrong.   

Good post.  I agree.

I don't recall McDermott expressing concern about the Oline in preseason.  It didn't look good to us fans, but we may not have seen then what we'll see in the regular season; I really hope I'm right about that.  McD's concern was the penalties, from what I saw.

3 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I continue to think that we will be pleasantly surprised by Peterman. Okay, based on what he did last year the bar is pretty low. But even if just 80% of the Peterman we saw in the pre-season shows up he will play fairly well. And love the fact that a lot of their fans are thinking shut out as predictions like that in the NFL often turn the other way.

Rib, my good friend, you are spot on per usual! YE OLE believes what we will see in Peterman is a guy who will run hot and cold at times. He definitely has the ability to be accurate and throw guys open even in perfect coverage. He also has significant limitations. All of this to say there will be games in Nate’s career not unlike the Chargers game, but also games where he will disect the secondary and neutralize the pass rush because the ball is out so quickly. 

No idea what we’ll see Sunday, but YE OLE bets it will be spectacular in one fashion or another.

Edited by Cotton Fitzsimmons

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

On their app the other day I read 

The Bills are afraid to start Josh Allen in Baltimore 

There was stats to go along with that. I don’t have the app but I read an article. Ravens are 14-2 against a rookie qb. And their numbers aren’t pretty. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Ravens predicting shut outs and blow outs across the board.

https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?166101-The-OFFICIAL-Ravens-v-Bills-Opening-Day-Prediction-Thread/page2

While I admit I'm not sure what we will look like, these fans are extremely drinking the coolaid for the first game.  Got to love it.

how are they wrong?

we have one of the worst rosters in the NFL, maybe bottom 3 across the board.

• Like (+1) 1